PDA

View Full Version : The end is here...

harwar
06-16-2003, 10:31 AM
The White Sox have been stumbling and bumbling thru the season trying to get to .500.Well,the end is here.Finally,there will be no more excuses or weak teams to hide their glaring weaknesses behind.Starting today,the door will be shut and the axe will fall,as the Sox play the next 16 against teams that,so far this season,have shown that they know how to win.I would be surprised(shocked even) if the White Sox can win even 6 out of the next 16 games.
For the first time in many years i'm not going to the WHITE SOX - cubs series because i just know its going to be really ugly for us and way too much fun for sh#t eatin cub fans.By the 4th of july we will be WAY BACK from the twins.
Nothing would make me happier than to eat my words and be proved totally wrong.I may be wrong,but i don't think i am.
The only way out of this mess is to fire ken williams and hire a REAL GM that knows what he is doing and give him total control of,not only the big league club,but the minor leagues and scouts as well.A major overhaul is needed or we will be just spinning our wheels for years to come.This of course will never happen as REAL GMs' cost al lot of money.

gosox41
06-16-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by harwar
The White Sox have been stumbling and bumbling thru the season trying to get to .500.Well,the end is here.Finally,there will be no more excuses or weak teams to hide their glaring weaknesses behind.Starting today,the door will be shut and the axe will fall,as the Sox play the next 16 against teams that,so far this season,have shown that they know how to win.I would be surprised(shocked even) if the White Sox can win even 6 out of the next 16 games.
For the first time in many years i'm not going to the WHITE SOX - cubs series because i just know its going to be really ugly for us and way too much fun for sh#t eatin cub fans.By the 4th of july we will be WAY BACK from the twins.
Nothing would make me happier than to eat my words and be proved totally wrong.I may be wrong,but i don't think i am.
The only way out of this mess is to fire ken williams and hire a REAL GM that knows what he is doing and give him total control of,not only the big league club,but the minor leagues and scouts as well.A major overhaul is needed or we will be just spinning our wheels for years to come.This of course will never happen as REAL GMs' cost al lot of money.

Well said. Tongiht's game against the Red Sox is the beginning of the end.

Bob

Kilroy
06-16-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
Well said. Tongiht's game against the Red Sox is the beginning of the end.

Bob

And I suppose if they win, they're just polonging the inevitable??

What if they take 2 of 3?

mandmandm
06-16-2003, 03:23 PM
My original response did not get posted. My original thoughts were that the Sox have to gain two gains on Minnesota before going to play the Twins next Tuesday. Take 2-3 against the Twins. Gain a game on the Twins when the Cubs come to Comiskey. Take 2-3 when the Twin come to Chicago. Sox go on 15 game stretch against Tampa Bay, Detroit, and Cleveland 2 1/2 games back.

Thats where this came from.

Another horrible first inning BY MARK BURLHE like he has done much of this year to quickly quell my overblown optimism.

39thandWallace
06-16-2003, 04:15 PM
We had a real GM on-deck Danny Evan's.

But, racial quotas made JR hire Ken William's.

gosox41
06-16-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
And I suppose if they win, they're just polonging the inevitable??

What if they take 2 of 3?

It's actually a 4 game series and this team doesn't have the heart, talent, or guts to take 3 of 4 from Boston. There is a trend with this team. They've been letting me down all year. They've been disappointing me and other Sox fans with their underacheiving for 3 yers from now. It's time to start beating our heads agains the wall, the wall isn't coming down it's just giving us a headache. More like a migraine.

Bob

gosox41
06-16-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by 39thandWallace
We had a real GM on-deck Danny Evan's.

But, racial quotas made JR hire Ken William's.

I agree, but people here will debate you on this issue. Luckily 90% of KW's moves and non-moves (why is JM still here, etc.) just confirm he wasn't hired for his talent building winning teams.

Bob