PDA

View Full Version : A New Game: Predict The Date

34 Inch Stick
06-16-2003, 09:54 AM
that Colon will be traded. There are still a few people out there clinging to a belief that we are still in this race. I applaud your devotion. The rest of us need a reason to keep interested. Here is my part in helping to keep things going. Put your prediction of the date and, if you are bold enough, the team. Enter as often as you like.

I'll start it off. July 21 to Boston for Fossum and a minor league shortstop.

hold2dibber
06-16-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
that Colon will be traded. There are still a few people out there clinging to a belief that we are still in this race. I applaud your devotion. The rest of us need a reason to keep interested. Here is my part in helping to keep things going. Put your prediction of the date and, if you are bold enough, the team. Enter as often as you like.

I do not cling to the belief that we are still in the race.

However, my prediction is that Colon will not be traded and will, instead, be inked to a new deal.

Jerko
06-16-2003, 10:02 AM
I'll take the easy way out. July 31, to the Blue Jays, for whoever has a torn labrum and an outfielder who we thought was a pitcher.

RKMeibalane
06-16-2003, 10:25 AM
July 23 to San Francisco, in exchange for Ruben Rivera and a minor league shortstop.

:KW

"I managed to accquire a center fielder, so we're set."

TornLabrum
06-16-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
I'll take the easy way out. July 31, to the Blue Jays, for whoever has a torn labrum and an outfielder who we thought was a pitcher.

July 31, Boston, for Bob Howry and Jon Adkins, Jr.

jortafan
06-16-2003, 10:33 AM
I'll be radical and say the end of the season. We'll foolishly refuse to trade him, then lose him at the end of the year when he leaves for another team, and we get nothing for him.

harwar
06-16-2003, 10:36 AM
Gone,after the all star game to the brewers for royce clayton & todd ritchie.

jortafan
06-16-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by harwar
Gone,after the all star game to the brewers for royce clayton & todd ritchie.

Nah.

They'd trade him to the Royals for minor league infielder Mike Caruso.

gosox41
06-16-2003, 12:27 PM

July 31 to the A's for whatever bottom feed minor league player Beane feels like giving up.

Bob

Hangar18
06-16-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by jortafan
I'll be radical and say the end of the season. We'll foolishly refuse to trade him, then lose him at the end of the year when he leaves for another team, and we get nothing for him.

Actually, we do get another 1st rd draft pick Next Year for him.
Id rather this happen than make a Trade Deadline deal for him (which studies have shown, Trade Deadline Deals NEVER amount to anything more than one team shoving off low-end prospects for the major player) A's got TWO extra picks this year
(as pointed out by Randar and Daver I believe) by "losing"
Durham to Free Agency. By dumping Jon Adkins on us, they
were then able to Snag a player the sox had supposedly
targeted (the ball state guy i believe) with the Extra 1st rd
pick. Kenny got "Beaned" again.......

chisoxt
06-16-2003, 08:46 PM
By dumping Jon Adkins on us, they
were then able to Snag a player the sox had supposedly
targeted (the ball state guy i believe) with the Extra 1st rd
pick. Kenny got "Beaned" again..... ..

I believe that the correct expression is......pants again!

34 Inch Stick
06-19-2003, 05:59 PM
As part of this defeat I just wanted to send this thread back to the top.

On the bright side of things, I bet there will be a market for Flash now.

Others to trade Jimenez, Valentin, Lee, Koch and White. The Fire Sale will have to start just after the All Star break.

Unfortuneately it looks like we are poised for a 3-5 year rebuilding plan now.

Hullett_Fan
06-19-2003, 06:27 PM
As part of this defeat I just wanted to send this thread back to the top.

On the bright side of things, I bet there will be a market for Flash now.

Others to trade Jimenez, Valentin, Lee, Koch and White. The Fire Sale will have to start just after the All Star break.

Unfortuneately it looks like we are poised for a 3-5 year rebuilding plan now.

Actually For 2004, I'd keep Colon and trade all the players you mentioned, plus a few more...

Jimenez - he's not fundamentally sound...bring up Miles
Valentin - too old
Lee - A hack
Rios - *ucks
Koch - ditto
White - looked pretty good recently, maybe get something for him
Konerko - pathetic. give him away just to get him off the team
Thomas - don;t re-sign for next year...need to have Ordonez as only clubhouse leader

With $$$ saved from not re-signing Thomas and Valentin (we'll probably have to pay most of Konerko's contract) we should sign a veteran pitcher...a good staff (regardless of poor offense) can win this division (see Cubs, Chicago)

Staff in 2004
Buerhle
Colon
Someone in same caliber (don't have FA list in front of me)
Garland
Rauch

doublem23
06-19-2003, 10:52 PM
Well I'm still hoping we can somehow keep this rotation very together (very, very, very good)... But if Colon gets moved, July 30... Hopefully to either St. Louis or Houston

MHOUSE
06-20-2003, 01:01 AM
Stop clinging to the deeppink pipedream that Colon would be dumb enough to resign here or that JR would be smart enough to offer it to him. He should be traded ASAP and if not then he'll walk to Yankee Stadium in the offseason.

Blueprint1
06-20-2003, 09:56 AM
I think the Yankees are going to need some starting pitching next year. It would not suprise me if he ends up on the Yankees next year. I belive that Wells and The Rocket will be gone next year.