PDA

View Full Version : They'll come if you win.

ShoelessFred
06-15-2003, 10:01 PM
i know, i know. ANOTHER attendance topic? yes. i was thinking about this the other day. george offman was talking about this on the score. by the way, george ALWAYS seems to point out the lack of people in the stands(cubbie bias? HELL YEAH). someone brought up the point that, if the sox win, fans will come out to the park. i go to about 10 games per year. now winning and fan support used to go hand and hand. but i don't think this is the case anymore. the sox have to CONTINUE TO WIN. no one year flukes, no wishing on a star, no getting lucky! this team has to prove that it's a consistant winner for a majority of folks to come back. i think people are TIRED of losing. constant organizational mistakes(too many to list). people want the sox to sustain a winner. not 1983, 1993, and 2000. are those consistant winners? NOT EVEN CLOSE. a division title is not enough. a league championship is not enough. it's gotta be a world series. WIN and see how fast the fan base grows!!! look at the bulls. my father told me stories of that place, before they won, where you could buy an upper deck seat and end up COURTSIDE. NO ONE CARED. the had sustained winning. many said most of the people were michael jordan fans. it looks like that is not the case. the team is rebuilding AND IT'S PACKED EVERY NIGHT. and the area around the UNITED CENTER is much much worse than comiskey park.

WIN DAMN IT WIN

39thandWallace
06-16-2003, 03:28 PM
the team is rebuilding AND IT'S PACKED EVERY NIGHT. and the area around the UNITED CENTER is much much worse than comiskey park.

I agree with you but, Michael Jordan was basketball in the 1990's. I like the argument about the UC neighborhood but this is baseball.

Basketball and Baseball aren't even in the same galaxy in my eye's. I was there to root for all those championship's but, after Jordan left all we had was a team gang-bangers and thugs.

gosox41
06-16-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by 39thandWallace
the team is rebuilding AND IT'S PACKED EVERY NIGHT. and the area around the UNITED CENTER is much much worse than comiskey park.

I agree with you but, Michael Jordan was basketball in the 1990's. I like the argument about the UC neighborhood but this is baseball.

Basketball and Baseball aren't even in the same galaxy in my eye's. I was there to root for all those championship's but, after Jordan left all we had was a team gang-bangers and thugs.

One reason the Bulls do well is a lot of businesses own season tickets and just write them off whe nnot scalping their seats. Bulls games were a great place to impress clients in the '90'ss. These businesses are hoping the same holds true if they ever get good again.

Or is it that Bulls fans have a lot more money then White Sox fans?

Bob