Its pretty obvious, barring a miracle, that Boston is
going to hammer us pretty good.

So, Ill look ahead towards the pitching matchups b/t sox and
cubs.

Garland v. Estes
Buerhle v. Clement
Colon v. Zambrano

All due resprect to the cubs rotation, I like these matchups. But,
I think the cubs are going to do a number on us too.

DrCrawdad
06-15-2003, 04:40 PM
IIRC the Cub pitchers that started games where the Cubs won last year were Clement and Lieber. The Cub "studs" of Wood & Prior both started games that the Sox won. Wood has 5 starts vs. the Sox with all ending in WHITE SOX WINNERS!

Seeing how the Sox get stopped by lesser name pitchers, maybe the Sox would do better facing Wood, Prior and Zambrano.

fquaye149
06-15-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by spanishwhite
Its pretty obvious, barring a miracle, that Boston is
going to hammer us pretty good.

So, Ill look ahead towards the pitching matchups b/t sox and
cubs.

Garland v. Estes
Buerhle v. Clement
Colon v. Zambrano

All due resprect to the cubs rotation, I like these matchups. But,
I think the cubs are going to do a number on us too.

i'm not exactly sure why your first statement is a foregone conclusion. with the exception of the game buehrle pitched...we definitely did NOT get hammered by the giants, a better team than the red sox.

RKMeibalane
06-15-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
IIRC the Cub pitchers that started games where the Cubs won last year were Clement and Lieber. The Cub "studs" of Wood & Prior both started games that the Sox won. Wood has 5 starts vs. the Sox with all ending in WHITE SOX WINNERS!

Seeing how the Sox get stopped by lesser name pitchers, maybe the Sox would do better facing Wood, Prior and Zambrano.

You are correct. Clement beat the Sox twice, and Lieber won the Saturday game at the Urinal. The Sox hammered Prior and Wood.

Viva Magglio
06-15-2003, 09:15 PM
I fear what may happen is that we'll go into that series with the Erik Kramer "To me, it's just another game" attitude and experience our worst nightmare. If it turns out to be a bad weekend for us and they fail to fire Manuel as a result, we'll know that the organization doesn't give a crap about us the fans.

spanishwhite
06-15-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by fquaye149
i'm not exactly sure why your first statement is a foregone conclusion. with the exception of the game buehrle pitched...we definitely did NOT get hammered by the giants, a better team than the red sox.

Colon got hammered in the ninth. Seven earn runs isn't a good outing. And I appreciate that he dominated the Giants for 8 innings but a baseball game is 9 innings.

Boston has a better all around offense than the Giants do by far.

Our offense isn't hitting well.

THUS, no offense and our pitching staff going up against 2nd best
offense in the AL does not equate to great results.