PDA

View Full Version : Ford City Promo

ewokpelts
06-14-2003, 11:43 AM
Hey all,

If you live near the Ford City mall(76th and Cicero), they hare having a pecial promotion with the Sox. Spend at least $100 in any mall store(including Sears or Carsons), and get four Lower Reserved tickets to any future game(excluding the Cubs series). The promotion ends Sunday, but there might some left after then.
Gene

p.s. Espn Radio's there right now(11:30 am) giving away more tickets, and all star gear.

white sox bill
06-14-2003, 02:33 PM
Hey,
I just called Old Navy store to ask if I buy a gift cert via phone if I could still get free tix, and the girl said she didn't know anything like that was going on!! Is this just a rumour or an incompetant employee?

Bill

konerkopeachy
06-14-2003, 11:02 PM
This was the real deal. It's been widely advertised on the Ford City marquee on Cicero ave. (in addition to the "GO WHITE SOX" above the time and the temperature) as well.

ewokpelts
06-15-2003, 01:09 AM
Ford City ran out of the Sox ticket Packs. They were available through the mall itself, not the individual stores. I went back today and found out the hard way.
Gene

p.s. It looks like's it going to be an annual event. Last june a similar promotion went on as well.

TornLabrum
06-15-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
Ford City ran out of the Sox ticket Packs. They were available through the mall itself, not the individual stores. I went back today and found out the hard way.
Gene

p.s. It looks like's it going to be an annual event. Last june a similar promotion went on as well.

I think this puts the lie to the statement that this is a Cubs town. I was at a KC Cougars game last night and saw a lot more Sox paraphernalia than Cubs. Go anywhere in the south 'burbs, and it's Sox territory.

Fans will take free and reduced price tix to go to a game. They just don't want to put any more money in The Chairman's pocket than they have to.

ewokpelts
06-15-2003, 05:14 PM
.......the south burbs WAS infected by Cubbie Kool Aid...but yeah, there's more Sox fans than scrubbies out there...I'm a SOUTHSIDER, so you know where my pain lies..........western burbs has quite a few sox fans too.....as for the Ford City promo....I dont live that far from it...and if I can get 4 lower deck tickets just for doing my regular shopping(i mean blowing my disposable income)..andit benefits ME, as opposed to Uncle Jerry...then so be it...
Gene