PDA

View Full Version : New lows for JR--a senseless rant by a fed up fan

gosox41
06-14-2003, 12:25 PM
I hope JR is happy. I was at last night's game. There were all of 14,000 people there on a Friday night when the temeprature was 70 degrees. Just when you think this team couldn't fall any lower, they do. Fans don't like this team because it's a bunch of underachieving bums. It's not the medias fault for portraying this team so negatively. It's JR's fault for being so paranoid of the media and not using them to his advantage while he alienates them with his stcukup, know it all attitude.

It's mind boggling how incompetent JR is at running a sports franchise. He may know a lot about real estate, but he knows jack s*** about how to run an efficient business. He cheaps out whenever he can. He hires second (or even third) rate management and sticks with them for years even when it's obvious they can't do the job. And of course thte best part is, he blames it on his customers when things don't go well.

This team is an embarassment to Sox fans everywhere. Whether it's starting 2 hitters in your line up that can't hit .200 to watching idiotic baserunning (did anyone see Carlos Lee steal second last night? He practically stopped and almost turned around. At least the throw was wild) to waiting for these "can't miss" kids to stop missing to watching JM helpless saunter on the field to make a sad attempt at showing fire.

This team keeps sinking to new lows because of JR's regressive management style. Maybe if he had brought in Backman earlier this year the team's record would have been different and more then 14K people would have shown up on a Friday night to watch baseball. Maybe if KW and his incompetence weren't shoved down our throats, this team would have more talent and be winning more games. Maybe if Rob Gallas new how to market a product, fans may actually buy into it. Maybe if this team knew and understood how to play the game of baseball, the team would be doing better. So much for that 'boot camp' atmosphere he wanted.

So JR, light up that big fat stogie you always smoke. Now take that stogie and shove it up your dirtshoot. Maybe that'll wake you up and help you realize what a bitter, stubborn, pathetic, clueless old man you are.

He may think he's going to win it all one day, and if the stars align right he just may. But we all know how smug JR will be when that day does happen, how he did it his way. Well guess what JR, even a broken clock is right twice a day. If he happens to get lucky enough to win it'll be in spite of you not because of you. The past 23 years has shown that JR has no idea what it takes to build a consistently winning team. But it has shown what an egotistical a**hole JR is.

So I hope JR enjoys the empty blue seats and the sea of red on his financial statments because until he shakes up this whole organization the attendence is going down.

The Friday night June game against San Diego just scratches the surface of how bad things are going to get if he keeps running this team into the ground like this.

I hope you enjou losing JR. You lucked out with the Bulls when you inherited the greatest B-Ball player ever. The true ability of Krause was reflected in the last 5 years. And for the sprt you really love, you're to cheap to hire a proven, first rate managment team always shoving these bums down our throat.

Bob

soxtalker
06-14-2003, 12:50 PM
The frustration among us fans as evidenced by this board is obvious. I think that most of us are waiting for an attempt at another round of salary-dumping. I started a thread a few days ago, guessing that the owners would wait until after the All-Star break to make any changes. No need for bad publicity when the big game is being held here. Also, the Sox are playing the Cubs in the interim, and those games are guaranteed to have huge attendance figures.

That being said, your rant hits at the core of the problem -- JR's management of the entire organization. As I've said on this board before, the continual poor defense, mental errors, and arm-trouble of our young pitchers point to those deeper problems in the organization. One of the sports reporters commented about a month ago on TV (Chicago Week in Review??) that JR did not appear to be happy, and he was guessing that he would eventually sell.

Lip Man 1
06-14-2003, 01:39 PM
Just my opinion....

From everything that I have been told by associates that have at least some knowledge of Uncle Jerry, he would rather die then sell.

When he refuses to listen to even his close family members about this option you can be assured that his ego is dictating every decision.

That's why he sticks with bad players and worse management. His ego will not get rid of them because that would be a tacit admission of a mistake.

Uncle Jerry (in his mind) does not make mistakes it's always someone else's fault (i.e. the fans, the media, the players union...)

That's why the Sox have such a negative relationship with all of those groups.

It's not going to change, at least anytime soon until the "great equalizer" comes calling for Jerry at some point in the future.

Till then you can get used to more low payed, underachieving clubs (be they composed of vets or "can't miss kids,") laughable base running mistakes, negative publicity and nights even if the weather is perfect, of 15,000 fans.

As one writer told me today, "it's hard to take them (the Sox) seriously, until Jerry sells..."

Lip

captain54
06-14-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Till then you can get used to more low payed, underachieving clubs (be they composed of vets or "can't miss kids,") laughable base running mistakes, negative publicity and nights even if the weather is perfect, of 15,000 fans.

Lip

This is probably the best thing that could happen....

This franchise needs to hit absolute rock bottom.....to the point where there is no room for optimism or false hope....to me, this is the only chance for any kind of change on the South Side....

The Sox need to be the new Tampa Bay Devil Rays....there is no way Reinsdorf's ego would be able to handle that scenario....this whole thing needs to be exposed for what it is, so there is no where to run and no where to hide.....let the comedy bits on Letterman and Leno begin....bring it on....

as a lifelong Sox I will say this....UNCLE JERRY, YOU WILL PAY SOME DAY, MY FRIEND!!

T Dog
06-14-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
As one writer told me today, "it's hard to take them (the Sox) seriously, until Jerry sells..."

That reflects more badly on the writer than on the Sox organization. But if you were talking about a sportswriter as opposed to a serious journalist, bias is expected.

While it would be silly to blame the fans for the team's problems, I do have some problems with some fellow Sox fans who seem to look for reasons to stay away from the ballpark. I don't always like what I see, but I'm a Sox fan.

Hangar18
06-16-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by T Dog
That reflects more badly on the writer than on the Sox organization. But if you were talking about a sportswriter as opposed to a serious journalist, bias is expected.

While it would be silly to blame the fans for the team's problems, I do have some problems with some fellow Sox fans who seem to look for reasons to stay away from the ballpark. I don't always like what I see, but I'm a Sox fan.

What we need to do, is start taking SIGNS to the games. Every Day, so that everyone can see. I used to have a
"Cut Payroll, Trade Reinsdorf" Banner, Bright Fluorescent GREEN
letters, with black trim, so that you could see the banner from
the highest reaches of the Upper Deck, and low flying aircraft.
I would get that thing taken away from me daily