PDA

View Full Version : JR's playpen vs. George's playpen

Paulwny
08-21-2001, 10:44 AM
Read with interest last weeks thread concerning tax payer money etc. which pays for new Comiskey. Check out what King George's new play pen will cost me and the rest of NY State tax payers. The rich get richer..........

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-hey202325094aug20.column?coll=ny%2Dsports%2Darchiv e

cheeses_h_rice
08-21-2001, 10:47 AM
Wow. $700 million is a lot of $. Have you been to Yankee Stadium? Do you think it is past its prime?

Paulwny
08-21-2001, 10:56 AM
I passed by the stadium but never attended a game. Traveling from the Buffalo area to Chi. is almost the same time as going to NY. So, I usually try to go to Chi. once a year.

Actually, I'm afraid I'd be arrested if I ever attend a game in yankme stadium. First person to urinate on the monuments behind the cf wall.

Jerry_Manuel
08-21-2001, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Actually, I'm afraid I'd be arrested if I ever attend a game in yankme stadium. First person to urinate on the monuments behind the cf wall.

Sounds like you have some Daver in you.

Paulwny
08-21-2001, 11:06 AM
I think we all have some Daver in us. Been a sox fan too long I hate the Yankmes as much as you guys hate the cubs.

steff
08-21-2001, 12:04 PM
Wow. $700 million is a lot of $. Have you been to Yankee Stadium? Do you think it is past its prime?

Went to the WS last year.. .it's nasty there. Not only is the place falling apart (literaly), it smells and the bathrooms are as bad, if not worse, than those at Old Comiskey. It needs more than a facelift...

doublem23
08-21-2001, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
I think we all have some Daver in us. Been a sox fan too long I hate the Yankmes as much as you guys hate the cubs.

I can see were your coming from. Just this past weekend, I was in Cooperstown, and GOD DAMN, you wouldn't think that the BASEBALL Hall of Fame was there. Every where you look, Yankees this, Yankees that. It was like people never even heard of the White Sox for crying out loud.

And don't even try and pull that "New York & hometown" thing with it either, cuz there was No Mets stuff to be seen.

Funny, but that place wasn't as Yankee-oriented last time I was there and the Yankees weren't winning every year. That, and the only Yankees jerseys I saw were like Jeter or Clemens, or Mussina. Seems like the Yankme fans have a bit of fair-weather in their blood....

Paulwny
08-21-2001, 06:37 PM
According to the yankme fans I know Cooperstown is the yankme retirement club house.

doublem23
08-21-2001, 06:40 PM
Wouldn't surprise me after what I saw.

Daver
08-21-2001, 07:08 PM

I would not use urine,explosives have a much better result.
They make a cool noise to.