PDA

View Full Version : If we sweep San Diego...

Fridaythe13thJason
06-13-2003, 07:51 PM
If we sweep the Padres, and look impressive doing so, what will be your thoughts on the team's future this season?

jortafan
06-13-2003, 09:55 PM
My thoughts would be that somebody slipped me some great drugs, and I'm halucinating. That's the only way we'll sweep this series.

The way this team has played at times, I'd have an easier time believing we'll get sweeped. (and yes, I'd love it if I had to eat these words Sunday night).

whitesoxwilkes
06-13-2003, 11:45 PM
Being the indecisive Pollyanna that I am, i am once again revising the edict I issued last week. If we sweet San Diego and take at least 2 from the Carmines, we still have a shot.

Viva Magglio
06-14-2003, 12:11 AM
Now it seems that after each victory, a sense that "We're on our way" permeates here. While our win tonight was nice, exactly how much ground did we gain on Minnesota and Kansas City? There is too much complacency on this team for it to become competitive.

Nellie_Fox
06-14-2003, 12:15 AM
Come on, the Padres are a terrible ballclub. Sweeping them would tell me nothing about the rest of the White Sox' season.

sox_fan_forever
06-14-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Come on, the Padres are a terrible ballclub. Sweeping them would tell me nothing about the rest of the White Sox' season.

My thoughts exactly.

MHOUSE
06-14-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by sox_fan_forever
My thoughts exactly.

ditto. sweeping the Fathers means nothing. They're the Tigers of the NL West. If we don't sweep them then it's a bad sign. This is the easiest series we have had lately. Arizona, LA, San Fran, all tough series. I would take more stock in those than in San Diego.

StillMissOzzie
06-14-2003, 01:20 AM
I've gotta agree with Nellie on this one. I'd even go further and add that if they sweep the Padres, everyone will says it's because the Padres stink and should get swept. If they take only one or two, it's more evidence that this team is going nowhere. Kind of a no-win proposition, but they need to win at least 2 of 3 to take some momentum into the Bosox series.

:gulp:

MHOUSE
06-14-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie
they need to win at least 2 of 3 to take some momentum into the Bosox series.

:gulp:

BoSox series....man oh man will we need momentum. Keep the :gulp: handy everyone.

Dan H
06-14-2003, 07:28 AM
There is no way to judge a team by a three game series or a six game stretch. If the Sox win their next six striaght, it will be game 72 before they reach .500. That should tell us something. You want optimism? How about a solid 20 game stretch when they don't run themselves out of innings or blow ninth inning leads?