PDA

View Full Version : Surly Buehrle

Mammoo
06-13-2003, 01:03 AM
http://chicagosportsreview.com/localopinion/localopinionview.asp?c=61814 :angry:

fquaye149
06-13-2003, 08:27 AM
just send that mother ****er to st. louis already and get it over with. maybe we can get jd drew or jason isringhausen. well maybe we could have.

StillMissOzzie
06-14-2003, 01:01 AM
I can't believe Buehrle is complaining about the boobirds. Somebody needs to explain cause and effect to this guy. If you give the fans something to cheer about, then they will cheer. When you stink up the joint, expect them to boo. This underachieving bunch sure as hell can't expect hugs and kisses every time they walk out onto the field.

:gulp:

i_luv_jgarland
06-14-2003, 02:28 PM
Ok, maybe Beurhle should quit whining about being booed... I even said the same thing about Jon when he was complaining. BUT the guy who wrote that article was obviously not a reporter giving his unbiased opinion... the guy sounds like a total jerk. Give me a choice and I'm going to back Beurhle through his rough streak. Ya know- we're SOX fans... If we are really going to root for this team then we need to root for them through thick and thin... granted, most of the time it's pretty freakin' thick.

fquaye149
06-14-2003, 05:29 PM
i love all white sox...but when a guy hates the team he's on, what am i to think?

i_luv_jgarland
06-14-2003, 06:02 PM
I dont even know where to start....

1) Beurhle would be more likely to stay in Chicago IF
a) they were to pay him more
b) we didn't stink

HE doesn't HATE Chicago.

2) He made those comments about going to St Louis partially in jest... and media tells you only what it wants to say.

I think he would stay in Chicago if he were guaranteed a spot on the team for x amount of years with x amount of pay. He may be having a rough time now.. but if Garland can pull out of it... so can Buerhle. But heck.. What do I know... Im just a girl.

valposoxfan
06-14-2003, 08:09 PM
Partially in jest?? He is all about playing for the Cardinals. He is a soft skinned baby and I don't care if he is in Busch Stadium next year...

guillen4life13
06-14-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
Partially in jest?? He is all about playing for the Cardinals. He is a soft skinned baby and I don't care if he is in Busch Stadium next year...

No offense, but if his home park next year is Busch Stadium, and he wins 20 games... believe me, you will most definitely care.

Buehrle needs to get his confidence and command back. That's really all there is to it. The run support he's been getting on average has certainly not helped the situation at all. IIRC, he's getting around 2 runs/9 innings. Hardly any pitchers can pitch through that and salvage above .500 records in this day and age.

I do care if Buehrle is in St. Louis next year. I'd almost be willing to put money on him turning this around and winning around 12-14 games total this year.

valposoxfan
06-14-2003, 11:03 PM
:smile: I know I'll care if that happens...it just makes me feel better to vent right now. Thanks for setting me straight. :gulp: :gulp:

guillen4life13
06-15-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
:smile: I know I'll care if that happens...it just makes me feel better to vent right now. Thanks for setting me straight. :gulp: :gulp:

My pleasure! :D:

Lip Man 1
06-15-2003, 02:18 PM
Phil Rogers column Sunday has his take on Mark and as much as I like and respect phil I have to disagree with his analysis.

Sox fans aren't down on Mark for his 2-10 record. I think Sox fans know how hard it is to win in the major leagues, especially with a club that has played basically "corspeball" since July 2000 and that in six weeks will be having another fire sale involving Lee, Valentin, Loazia and Colon (among others.)

Sox fans are down on Mark for one reason only....he does NOT want to be in Chicago (and I can't say that I blame him...)

It doesn't take Stephen Hawkings to realize that comments two years in a row about wanting to pitch in St. Louis PLUS turning down what many Sox fans feel is an extremely good contract for a young pitcher (especially considering it came from the Sox organization) mean only one thing, Mark wants out as soon as possible and may be fact be trying to force the issue.

That's the sole reason why Sox fans have turned on him. I said in a column in WSI after Mark made his St. Louis banquet comments for a second straight year, that he's put himself right in the center of the bullseye and that if he doesn't produce this year Comiskey Park is going to turn into "a hell on Earth for him." It seems that is now reality.

Also with respect I think many Sox fans don't buy Phil's arguement that turning against Buehrle is hurting the team. Sox fans know this team is dead. It has been since the middle of April and isn't going anywhere but straight down the toilet.

All Sox fans are waiting to see is how bad the fire sale is, who's is blamed for it (wink, wink) and how bad this team will be because of it in 2004 and 2005.

Lip