PDA

View Full Version : All of the sudden...

Viva Magglio
06-12-2003, 11:16 PM
...another anti-Sox smear campaign underway. According to Score caller "Jim," a Sox fan threw a full Pepsi at a Cub fan. The Pepsi missed the Cub fan and struck an old man. And he said that two security guards who witness the supposed incident sat back and laughed. How could this be genuine?

I hate ****heads like who call with these stories, 99.9% of which are either based on half-truths of complete bull****.

FJA
06-12-2003, 11:25 PM
Not to change the subject, but yesterday I was sitting in the bleachers, and, as the 7th or 8th inning ended, Aaron Rowand tried to toss the ball up to some screaming kids, whipped it up toward us, and came within about a foot of hitting an old man enjoying his dinner.

Viva Magglio
06-12-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by FJA
Not to change the subject, but yesterday I was sitting in the bleachers, and, as the 7th or 8th inning ended, Aaron Rowand tried to toss the ball up to some screaming kids, whipped it up toward us, and came within about a foot of hitting an old man enjoying his dinner.

That has to be Manuel's fault as well.

FJA
06-12-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
That has to be Manuel's fault as well.

Of course. He should know that putting Rowand in center field presents a risk to everyone.

ChiSox14305635
06-12-2003, 11:42 PM
Like the Score ever has anything good to say about the Sox. Boers/Bernstein (who are funny as hell, but always slamming the Sox), Murph & Fred, JHood, & of course, Buffone & the Jacka** are forever taking potshots at the Sox. So some dumba** making up a story like that doesn't surprise me.

Fridaythe13thJason
06-13-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by ChiSox14305635
Like the Score ever has anything good to say about the Sox. Boers/Bernstein (who are funny as hell, but always slamming the Sox), Murph & Fred, JHood, & of course, Buffone & the Jacka** are forever taking potshots at the Sox. So some dumba** making up a story like that doesn't surprise me.

Both Boers and Bernsteain are Sox fans. I think they slam everything. That's their bit. They tend to give credit when necessary, but in their eyes, its not very often. Gosh I miss those two out here.

Dan H
06-13-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
...another anti-Sox smear campaign underway. According to Score caller "Jim," a Sox fan threw a full Pepsi at a Cub fan. The Pepsi missed the Cub fan and struck an old man. And he said that two security guards who witness the supposed incident sat back and laughed. How could this be genuine?

I hate ****heads like who call with these stories, 99.9% of which are either based on half-truths of complete bull****.

If you want to get reliable information, don't go to the Score. They put anything on the air. And even if this incident did happen, that in itself is no reflection on Sox fans. I think it would be a good idea not to pay attention to the station.

Jerko
06-13-2003, 11:07 AM
I'm not saying that the soda incident really happened, but I HAVE seen those guards 'ignore' stuff like that myself. I saw one big guy fall out of the gate onto the field chasing a foul ball, lay on the field for about 20 seconds because he was dazed from his plight, and he missed the ball. The ball rolled about 2 sections further down, and an old man picked up the ball simply by reaching over the 2 inch fence they have down right field now. Only after all this transpired, here came the 'security', free hot dogs and cokes in hand (and mouth) leaving the big guy on the field and tossing out the old man whose wife was in tears begging them to let him stay while Haystacks Calhoun was still planted firmly against the right field wall on the field. I think if you look closely you can still see the imprint from his asscheeks just past 'Gamboa Grove" over in RF foul territory.

Fridaythe13thJason
06-13-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Dan H
If you want to get reliable information, don't go to the Score. They put anything on the air. And even if this incident did happen, that in itself is no reflection on Sox fans. I think it would be a good idea not to pay attention to the station.

It's a sports radio station, not a news station. If they put this in their update, I could see an issue, but the whole station and most talk radio is based on callers telling their stories.

kevingrt
06-13-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by SoCalUIC
Both Boers and Bernsteain are Sox fans. I think they slam everything. That's their bit. They tend to give credit when necessary, but in their eyes, its not very often. Gosh I miss those two out here.

I agree, I love Boers and Bernsy. But I think Hood is genuine, he is just so pissed off at times.

RKMeibalane
06-13-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
I'm not saying that the soda incident really happened, but I HAVE seen those guards 'ignore' stuff like that myself. I saw one big guy fall out of the gate onto the field chasing a foul ball, lay on the field for about 20 seconds because he was dazed from his plight, and he missed the ball. The ball rolled about 2 sections further down, and an old man picked up the ball simply by reaching over the 2 inch fence they have down right field now. Only after all this transpired, here came the 'security', free hot dogs and cokes in hand (and mouth) leaving the big guy on the field and tossing out the old man whose wife was in tears begging them to let him stay while Haystacks Calhoun was still planted firmly against the right field wall on the field. I think if you look closely you can still see the imprint from his asscheeks just past 'Gamboa Grove" over in RF foul territory.

Did this happen recently? It seems like stadium security has gotten worse over the past few years, not just in baseball, but in other sports, as well. The sad part is, it's always the people minding their own business who are punished, while the idiots who are drunk don't get into any trouble at all.

Jerko
06-13-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Did this happen recently? It seems like stadium security has gotten worse over the past few years, not just in baseball, but in other sports, as well. The sad part is, it's always the people minding their own business who are punished, while the idiots who are drunk don't get into any trouble at all.

It happened AT the Gamboa game. I spent all off-season ranting to the Sox about that night telling them how lax the security was, and of course the first time KC was in town this year I could not tell one difference in security from Gamboa night. I do not doubt that the guards stood idly by and laughed if someone got beaned with a Pepsi last night.