PDA

View Full Version : Aurilia '03 = Giambi '02

balboner
06-12-2003, 09:52 PM
This game tonight feels an awful lot like the game Foulke blew to the Yankees last year. That game last year ended any hope we might have, and being 8.5 games out to a better team doesnt bode well. Time to trade Colon, Jose, Flash, and release Rios and Rick White.

valposoxfan
06-12-2003, 10:04 PM
It's odd, I was thinking the same thing tonight, but I was thinking that Giambi last year was Bonds, not Aurelia. Giambi killed us all three games last year, especially the final two. Bonds killed us all three, especially the final two. Eerie simialarities to the New York series that officially killed us last year. The San Francisco series has officially buried us this year. Great post. I was right on with you.

ChiSox14305635
06-12-2003, 10:24 PM
Good point, but if you wanna be honest, the game that probably did that was the KC game where Koch gave up the HR to Sweeney. We haven't been the same ever since.

Viva Magglio
06-12-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by balboner
This game tonight feels an awful lot like the game Foulke blew to the Yankees last year. That game last year ended any hope we might have, and being 8.5 games out to a better team doesnt bode well. Time to trade Colon, Jose, Flash, and release Rios and Rick White.

And it was after that blown game against the Yankees when we really should have...

:firejerry

ssang
06-13-2003, 08:14 AM
Feel bad for me. I was at the Yankees game when Foulke gave up the HR to Giambi in the 9th. I was at the crazy game where Sweeny hit a HR off of Koch to give the Royals the lead in the 9th. And obviously, I was at last night's game where Bond's and Aurilla officially ended all hopes for the Sox in '03 via their 9th inning HR's!

I am cursed

hold2dibber
06-13-2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by balboner
This game tonight feels an awful lot like the game Foulke blew to the Yankees last year. That game last year ended any hope we might have, and being 8.5 games out to a better team doesnt bode well.

Agreed.

Time to trade Colon, Jose, Flash, and release Rios and Rick White.

Colon; no. Re-sign him asap.
Jose; yes, if you can find a taker (big if).
Flash; yes.
Rios; no - he sucks, but we don't have a lot of other options.
White; yes - time for Ginter.