PDA

View Full Version : Well, I HADN'T given up yet...

Kilroy
08-21-2001, 07:32 AM
until I opened today's paper and read that Canseco will sit this week in favor of Jeff Liefer. They want take a close look at him. That's the Sox saying "We give." All they are gonna find out is what we already know. Liefer blows. His bat is average at best, his speed is non-existent, and his defense is piss-poor.

Why don't they just call a press conference and publicly throw in the towel?

Indians got their asses kicked by the A's. They are gonna lose all week long, and the Sox will be evaluating next season. What a bunch of BS.

Jerry_Manuel
08-21-2001, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
until I opened today's paper and read that Canseco will sit this week in favor of Jeff Liefer. They want take a close look at him. That's the Sox saying "We give." All they are gonna find out is what we already know. Liefer blows. His bat is average at best, his speed is non-existent, and his defense is piss-poor.

Why don't they just call a press conference and publicly throw in the towel?

If you think that is bad wait till they announce that Baines is coming back.

Iguana775
08-21-2001, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

If you think that is bad wait till they announce that Baines is coming back.

oh god, please no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Jerry_Manuel
08-21-2001, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Iguana775

:harold
You can't get enough of me!

voodoochile
08-21-2001, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Iguana775

Yep, bet on it. He won't get time until the 40 man roster, but he will see some time this year. JR wants to let him retire as a player, not from the DL. Haaarold will get his curtain call. Hope I'm there...

Sad about the Leifer situation, but Canseco has been struggling recently so how bad can it be. This is the last week the Sox can be potential contenders. If they don't do something good, they are just flat done. JM may already be feeling that way with the way they have been playing recently. Lousy timing on that Sweeney incident. Why do the Royals have to get all pumped up for us all the time. I'm telling you, the Sox had better eventually decide they are a rival, because for whatever reason they hate us and the way they play when we come a calling shows it time and time again...

Kilroy
08-21-2001, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Sad about the Leifer situation, but Canseco has been struggling recently so how bad can it be. This is the last week the Sox can be potential contenders. If they don't do something good, they are just flat done.

Well, he can't get past the struggles from the bench. At least put the best possible team out there for cryin out loud. There's also a quote from Manuel in the paper today about getting Durham recharged because they need him if they are "going to make a run at this thing." Make up your frickin minds!!! If you're takin a look at Liefer, then you've quit. If you need to recharge Durham to make a run then you haven't.

Bmr31
08-21-2001, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy

Well, he can't get past the struggles from the bench. At least put the best possible team out there for cryin out loud. There's also a quote from Manuel in the paper today about getting Durham recharged because they need him if they are "going to make a run at this thing." Make up your frickin minds!!! If you're takin a look at Liefer, then you've quit. If you need to recharge Durham to make a run then you haven't.

whats wrong with you people???? This season has been over for weeks.....

Jerry_Manuel
08-21-2001, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Yep, bet on it. He won't get time until the 40 man roster, but he will see some time this year. JR wants to let him retire as a player, not from the DL. Haaarold will get his curtain call. Hope I'm there...

VC I think Harold is going to try and play again next year.

doublem23
08-21-2001, 08:15 AM
VC I think Harold is going to try and play again next year.

Well then, Sox in 2003.

Jerry_Manuel
08-21-2001, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31
whats wrong with you people???? This season has been over for weeks.....

Well yeah to us fans it might have been. But his point was that if you as an organization feel the team is still in the race then play your best. Don't say yeah we are but then say we are also trying to look at guys. Field the best team that you possibly can.

Jerry_Manuel
08-21-2001, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Well then, Sox in 2003.

It's about getting me 3,000 hits nobody cares about winning the world series.

Bmr31
08-21-2001, 08:20 AM

Well yeah to us fans it might have been. But his point was that if you as an organization feel the team is still in the race then play your best. Don't say yeah we are but then say we are also trying to look at guys. Field the best team that you possibly can.

we ARE out of it. THis is the time you look at your players for next season. Canseco wont be here next year. On the other hand, either will liefer. :)

doublem23
08-21-2001, 08:22 AM
It's about getting me 3,000 hits nobody cares about winning the world series.

:reinsy
Yeah, think about the celebration. We'll give him a chair, a motorcycle, some dirt, the ball, the grass clippings, a bag of peanuts, a brick from Old Comiskey, a gift certificate good for free Gatorade.... (and so on and so on)

Author's Note: And then in the game that day, we'll ge pounded by Cleveland.

Jerry_Manuel
08-21-2001, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31
we ARE out of it. THis is the time you look at your players for next season. Canseco wont be here next year. On the other hand, either will liefer. :)

They say they want to "look at Liefer". My question is what the hell do they not know about him?

Randar68
08-21-2001, 08:35 AM
They say they want to "look at Liefer". My question is what the hell do they not know about him?

I agree, although he has spells where he will look great, and have a short quick swing for a couple days, and then go back to his long, slow, 88mph fastball hitting swing that gets him 3 and 4 K games....