PDA

View Full Version : Simple Poll

gosox41
06-12-2003, 10:46 PM
After tonight's debacle against the Giants (I'm betting they lose even if the game is still going on ) it leads to the somewhat obvious question: Do you think the Sox are going to make the playoffs in 2003?

I know there's a sense of negativity here, as I'm probably one of the biggest cynics. I just want to see how as many die hards as possible feel about this teams chances of coming back.

Bob

kevingrt
06-12-2003, 10:50 PM
One question, mathematically or rationally?

gosox41
06-13-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
One question, mathematically or rationally?

Rationally. Mathematically they're still in it. But do you think this team has the heart and talent to overcome Minnesota?

Bob

Foulke You
06-13-2003, 05:54 PM
If they would have won last night I might have voted yes. That is how big I think that game was. It was a back breaker for the fans, players, and everyone associated with this team. That loss last night was way tougher than the ducksnort hit that beat us in Cleveland, the Sweeney homer, or any of the other tough losses. The team was showing signs of life but in true Sox fashion it is 2 steps forward 2 steps back. Maybe I'll change my mind if we win 6 of 7 from the Padres and BoSox but I think that is unlikely.

gosox41
06-13-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
If they would have won last night I might have voted yes. That is how big I think that game was. It was a back breaker for the fans, players, and everyone associated with this team. That loss last night was way tougher than the ducksnort hit that beat us in Cleveland, the Sweeney homer, or any of the other tough losses. The team was showing signs of life but in true Sox fashion it is 2 steps forward 2 steps back. Maybe I'll change my mind if we win 6 of 7 from the Padres and BoSox but I think that is unlikely.

I agree. It'll be interesting to see how the team comes out tonight against the Pads. Knowing them they'll come out flat and go through the motions. A true competitive team would come out with bats blazing and kick some tail.

Too bad JM is incapable of motivating the team and using yesterday's tough loss as a way to rally the players and piss them off.

Bob