PDA

View Full Version : Further Proof Manuel is an idiot . . .

soxruleEP
06-12-2003, 03:44 PM
. . . was his inept handling of the pitching staff last evening.

Gary Glover's job on this team is to eat innings in blow-outs, even if he stinks up the joint like he did last night.

So why did Wunsch enter the game at all?

Once the score was 10-0, no one except Glover and White should have pitched.

AND:

. . . his bringing the infield in. THAT NEVER WORKS!

If he has them playing back, the grounder is an out at first instead of a two-run single. With a runner at third and two outs, Bonds can be walked and maybe they get out of the inning only down 5-0.

Instead two runs score and Bonds comes up with a runner on first. We know what followed.

And this is not second guessing as anybody who had to suffer through my tirade in section 535 knows.

WILL NO ONE RID OF THIS MAN?

WHEN WILL HE BE FIRED?

hold2dibber
06-12-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by soxruleEP
. . . was his inept handling of the pitching staff last evening.

Gary Glover's job on this team is to eat innings in blow-outs, even if he stinks up the joint like he did last night.

So why did Wunsch enter the game at all?

Once the score was 10-0, no one except Glover and White should have pitched.

AND:

. . . his bringing the infield in. THAT NEVER WORKS!

If he has them playing back, the grounder is an out at first instead of a two-run single. With a runner at third and two outs, Bonds can be walked and maybe they get out of the inning only down 5-0.

Instead two runs score and Bonds comes up with a runner on first. We know what followed.

And this is not second guessing as anybody who had to suffer through my tirade in section 535 knows.

WILL NO ONE RID OF THIS MAN?

WHEN WILL HE BE FIRED?

I'm not going to second guess his bringing the infield in. I didn't necessarily disagree with that move at that time. But his use of the bullpen continues to completely flumox and annoy me. It should have been Glover and White the rest of the way - I totally agree.

And I'm also continually pissed off about how infrequently he uses Wunsch and Marte and how quickly he gives them the hook. I would rather have either of those two guys in - regardless of what side of the plate the hitter is hitting from - than White or Gordon with the game on the line. But Manuel is so obsessed with keeping everyone in the bullpen strictly slotted into particular roles, that he foregoes all reason and common sense.

jeremyb1
06-12-2003, 04:29 PM
i really liked how manuel handled the pen last night. i can't remember the last time any of those guys pitched. i think its been about a week since wunsch pitched the last time. he needs to get those guys work and keep them sharp in a game like that. he got in 4 pitchers in need of work in that game. that's not a bad thing.

gosox41
06-12-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
I'm not going to second guess his bringing the infield in. I didn't necessarily disagree with that move at that time. But his use of the bullpen continues to completely flumox and annoy me. It should have been Glover and White the rest of the way - I totally agree.

And I'm also continually pissed off about how infrequently he uses Wunsch and Marte and how quickly he gives them the hook. I would rather have either of those two guys in - regardless of what side of the plate the hitter is hitting from - than White or Gordon with the game on the line. But Manuel is so obsessed with keeping everyone in the bullpen strictly slotted into particular roles, that he foregoes all reason and common sense.

Ene his slotting into roles doesn't jive with what he says. I've been under the impression that Marte has the 8th inning and Koch is the closer. So why do I see Gordon out here in the 8th. Put him in for the 7th.

Or here's a different idea. I think Marte is the best reliever the Sox have. In a close game, Marte should be the guy that's called whenever the tough part of the order is up or a reliever gets into trouble. While Koch has been pitching better, he still makes things a little close for comfort. Having Marte backing him up will make me feel more confident.

And of course having Marte finsih out a game once in awhile is a good thing. I don't like how JM removed Marte with 1 out in the 9th of Tueday's night win. Why not let him finish?

Bob