PDA

View Full Version : Reinsdorf liable for fraud?


captain54
06-12-2003, 10:22 AM
I would like to pose this query to any fellow posters who may have a legal background.....

Recently, a company who markets and distributes a type of a bracelet that claims to "ionize" you and cure all your ills and diseases was ordered to cease and desist from distributing this product on the grounds that it falsely marketed this product....

Four years ago, Reinsdorf and Co. launched a marketing campaign called "the Kids Can Play", designed to lure season ticket holders into thinking that there was reasonable justification to stock the the roster with basically "can't miss"prospects from the farm system....

what's coming to fruition now is we're seeing the kids really can't play...not very well anyway, not enough to make me feel like I get my money's worth between tickets, parking, concessions, merchandise, etc.....defense, fundamentals, situational hitting, baserunning, all the elements that make exciting, winning baseball, are obviously not there.....

where's the accountability????

gosox41
06-12-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by captain54
I would like to pose this query to any fellow posters who may have a legal background.....

Recently, a company who markets and distributes a type of a bracelet that claims to "ionize" you and cure all your ills and diseases was ordered to cease and desist from distributing this product on the grounds that it falsely marketed this product....

Four years ago, Reinsdorf and Co. launched a marketing campaign called "the Kids Can Play", designed to lure season ticket holders into thinking that there was reasonable justification to stock the the roster with basically "can't miss"prospects from the farm system....

what's coming to fruition now is we're seeing the kids really can't play...not very well anyway, not enough to make me feel like I get my money's worth between tickets, parking, concessions, merchandise, etc.....defense, fundamentals, situational hitting, baserunning, all the elements that make exciting, winning baseball, are obviously not there.....

where's the accountability????


While I don't have a legal background, I'm guessing there is no fraud here because no promises were ever made. If the Sox ever said: "We will win it all this year" as their ad campaign, then you might have something.

"The Kids Can Play" is a general statement that is more a matter of opinion. It doesn't how good/bad the kids can play, just that they can.

Bob

dickallen15
06-12-2003, 10:37 AM
There is no fraud. The kids can play, just not very well.

34 Inch Stick
06-12-2003, 10:48 AM
I could tell you but it will cost $285 an hour and I expect the research, writing and interviewing to take a minimum of 5 hours. In fact this e-mail has already burned .3 of an hour (there is no such thing as .3 of an hour in my book).

captain54
06-12-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I could tell you but it will cost $285 an hour and I expect the research, writing and interviewing to take a minimum of 5 hours. In fact this e-mail has already burned .3 of an hour (there is no such thing as .3 of an hour in my book).

hey that sounds like a bargain considering I'd like to go for $10 million....7 mil for me and 3 mil for you....that should catch you up on all your student loans and alimony payments....

whitesoxwilkes
06-12-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by captain54
I would like to pose this query to any fellow posters who may have a legal background.....

Recently, a company who markets and distributes a type of a bracelet that claims to "ionize" you and cure all your ills and diseases was ordered to cease and desist from distributing this product on the grounds that it falsely marketed this product....

Four years ago, Reinsdorf and Co. launched a marketing campaign called "the Kids Can Play", designed to lure season ticket holders into thinking that there was reasonable justification to stock the the roster with basically "can't miss"prospects from the farm system....

what's coming to fruition now is we're seeing the kids really can't play...not very well anyway, not enough to make me feel like I get my money's worth between tickets, parking, concessions, merchandise, etc.....defense, fundamentals, situational hitting, baserunning, all the elements that make exciting, winning baseball, are obviously not there.....

where's the accountability????

Quick, the captain needs more foil on his head! The transmissions from the mothership are breaking up... :)

captain54
06-12-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by gosox41


"The Kids Can Play" is a general statement that is more a matter of opinion. It doesn't how good/bad the kids can play, just that they can.

Bob

so we could just set up a T-ball stand at home plate and have them bang around a whiffle ball, right...?

thecell
06-12-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by captain54
so we could just set up a T-ball stand at home plate and have them bang around a whiffle ball, right...?

At least PK might be able to hit it out of the infield.

captain54
06-12-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
Quick, the captain needs more foil on his head! The transmissions from the mothership are breaking up... :)

Oh, forgive me for posting something negative about his Royal Highness, King Reinsdorf.....I beg your forgiveness with a million pardons and humble apologies.....

I will gladly take all the insults and public humiliation you can dish out....I'm used to it, I've been lining Reinsdorf's pockets as a Sox fan for the last 23 years....

harwar
06-12-2003, 11:47 AM
I'm all for a class-action lawsuit.I mean the White Sox are the joke of baseball and everyone seems to enjoy taking shots at us.I'd like to file for medical reasons as THE ReinsDORF is directly responsible for my ulcer.