PDA

View Full Version : We are going to get killed tonight

Blueprint1
06-12-2003, 10:21 AM
From ESPN
Rueter has been compared most often to Tom Glavine. Both do not have overpowering stuff, forcing them to make a living on the corners. Though Rueter's velocity generally sits in the mid-80s, he will challenge hitters with an effective cutter and changeup. And despite modest strikeout totals, he somehow wins on a consistent basis. He now owns a lifetime 109-68 record, the fifth-highest winning percentage (.616) for a lefty since 1980. His 60-29 career road record (.674) is the second highest among active pitchers with at least 60 road decisions. (Pedro Martinez is first at 77-29, .726.)

We always do awful against pitchres who do not have overpowering stuff. Also our hitters cant seem to hit a cutter or a changeup to save their lives. My guess is we will look like we did last night.

lowesox
06-12-2003, 10:27 AM
I don't know. Our guys got killed pretty bad last night. Maybe even bad enough that they might try tonight.

daveb816
06-12-2003, 10:43 AM
There's a great chance that they'll lose, but there's no way they're getting killed with Bartolo starting.

hose
06-12-2003, 04:21 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Blueprint1
[B]From ESPN
Rueter has been compared most often to Tom Glavine. Both do not have overpowering stuff, forcing them to make a living on the corners. Though Rueter's velocity generally sits in the mid-80s, he will challenge hitters with an effective cutter and changeup. And despite modest strikeout totals, he somehow wins on a consistent basis. He now owns a lifetime 109-68 record, the fifth-highest winning percentage (.616) for a lefty since 1980. His 60-29 career road record (.674) is the second highest among active pitchers with at least 60 road decisions. (Pedro Martinez is first at 77-29, .726.)
We always do awful against pitchres who do not have overpowering stuff. Also our hitters cant seem to hit a cutter or a changeup to save their

When I saw the pitching line up for the 3 game series I figured Rueter would be real tough on the Sox . Big Bart has to hold them close.

thecell
06-12-2003, 04:34 PM
Ye of little faith...Sox 6, Giants 4 :)

RKMeibalane
06-12-2003, 04:42 PM
The only theory I could come up with on how to win tonight's game is if Colon holds the Giants to two runs, and Frank wins it a three-run homer somewhere along the line. However, the chances of anyone getting on base in front of Thomas are slim to none, and Frank hasn't done much over the past two days.

What did we do to deserve this awful team?

FarmerAndy
06-12-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Blueprint1
My guess is we will look like we did last night.

We did come up with 4 runs last night. So hopefully, with Colon on the hill, an offensive performance like last night will be good enough

fquaye149
06-12-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane

What did we do to deserve this awful team?

if you told me at the beginning of the year we'd have an awful team, i wouldn't have believed you. in fact, i still don't believe you.

hey, we've scored better than our avg run total in the last how many games? a few... things are looking up. it's not our fault buehrle likes to fall behind 3-1 on scrubs hitting .240