PDA

View Full Version : Shut up, Buehrle...

Kilroy
06-12-2003, 08:12 AM
Don't be complaining about getting booed.

Especially on a night when you suck.

''I can understand, but some of these fans don't realize that I've gone out there and thrown three or four quality starts,'' Buehrle said. ''I've ... done my job these last three or four times, and it was just one of those days today.

''It's expected here. You go out there and throw a ball, and these fans start to boo you. They don't want you to give up a hit or throw any balls, so you just have to throw strikes every pitch.''

''I understand that they want to see your team win and go out there and try to do well for them, but everybody is going to have a bad day,'' said Buehrle, whose 52 quality starts since the start of the 2001 season are third-most in the American League. ''I've had three or four bad days this year. But I've put a string together, and a day like this happens and they boo you.

''I don't know if these fans don't understand baseball or what, but I'm going out there doing the best I can to try to give this team the best chance to win, and it just didn't happen today."

As someone who was at the game, I can tell you, Buehrle got booed because he pitched terribly. No stretch there. As an All-Star pitcher, I think fans should be able to expect that you not follow up a 2-out infield hit w/ 2 walks and then a rolling curve ball that turns into a grand slam for a guy that's hitting a spectacular .230 at the time.

Last night's booing had nothing to do w/ him losing his last 9 decisions. And fans don't care that he pitched well in a few outings and still lost. All we cared about last night was how he pitched LAST NIGHT. If anyone had thought about his previous performances, they would probably have thought of something better to do with their time instead of making the trip to the park.

So, to Mark "I'm-acting-like-a-spoiled-baby-and-I-wanna-play-in-St.-Louis" Buehrle: Shut the **** up and try not to give up 8 runs in your next start...

fquaye149
06-12-2003, 08:21 AM
hey i'll tell you what buehrle...first pitch balls are bad but forgivable. 2nd and 3rd pitch balls following the first pitch balls are almost irredeemable. guess who had a lot of those yesterday?

NewyorkSoxFan
06-12-2003, 08:30 AM
I agree that he should be quiet, but this guy has pitched pretty well in his last 3 starts and his teammates couldn't hit or field a ground ball behind him, so I think we should cut him some slack. You can tell the guy is totally frustrated. The fans boo b/c they are too, and it makes for a bad situation. But this guy has been our best pitcher the last 2 years, lets give him a break, they are the defending NL Champs.

MB, a little advice next time just slip out the backdoor, don't vent to the media. :angry:

NYSF

xil357
06-12-2003, 08:32 AM
I didn't think it was possible, but is Mark Buehrle making KW look like a genius for not caving in to his contract demands?

Buehrle may not be getting the run support to which he was accustomed in 01 and 02, but he hasn't exactly been pitching lights out, either, to the point that he deserves Mulder money.

Kilroy
06-12-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by NewyorkSoxFan
I agree that he should be quiet, but this guy has pitched pretty well in his last 3 starts and his teammates couldn't hit or field a ground ball behind him, so I think we should cut him some slack. You can tell the guy is totally frustrated. The fans boo b/c they are too, and it makes for a bad situation. But this guy has been our best pitcher the last 2 years, lets give him a break, they are the defending NL Champs.

MB, a little advice next time just slip out the backdoor, don't vent to the media. :angry:

NYSF

I can cut him some slack for the performance, or lack of it, last night.

But to come out in the press as frustrated for being booed for that performance, and say that maybe the fans don't understand baseball? Kiss my ass.

We know you got no run support in your last 3 starts. But we also know you pitched like **** today.

moochpuppy
06-12-2003, 09:21 AM
Mark Buehrle = :whiner:

Jjav829
06-12-2003, 09:25 AM
This team is too whiny. Everyone complains. When was the last time a player just came out and said "Hey, I sucked, the fans should boo me"? I can't really remember. It was probably someone like Kelly Wunsch though as hes one of the few stand-up guys on this team. I guess they follow the lead of their GM.

Dan H
06-12-2003, 09:57 AM
The simple fact is that Buehrle is 2-10. Yes, he had some tough losses but for the most part he has been horrible this season. His ERA doesn't lie. I can understand him being a little hurt by the boos. But if this guy doesn't turn it around, the Sox season is really finished. This team goes nowhere with its number one pitcher tanking the season.

Irishsox1
06-12-2003, 10:12 AM
I want to know, will St. Louis give another award to Mark Buehrle this off season for totally sucking? And if he really wants to go to the Cardinals, fine. I recommend trading Mr. 2 and 10 for Albert Pujols. That way Mark can be with his beloved Cardinals and we can get our future DH/1st Base.

whitesoxwilkes
06-12-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Jjav829
This team is too whiny. Everyone complains. When was the last time a player just came out and said "Hey, I sucked, the fans should boo me"? I can't really remember.

Believe it or not, Rick White has done that a couple times.

NC_sox_fan
06-12-2003, 10:16 AM
Mark Buehrle is TWENTY-FOUR years old. He's gonna have his ups and downs. Last night he didn't have it. Period. Give the kid some credit for what he's done good and hope he can get it together to do good again.

You guys are brutal.

34 Inch Stick
06-12-2003, 10:22 AM
Here is what I understand:

You do not want to be here and have said that on two different occasions.

You have three or four good starts this years out of about 15.

I know Mark has been great for us and I appreciate it. However, at this point I consider him the equivalent of a rent a player. He shows no loyalty to me and should expect none from me. If he sucks today I boo without any consideration of past performance.

This is opposed to Frank. He has been a pain in the ass the last few years and has had mixed success at the plate. He has given every reason in the world to boo him. Yet I refuse to boo him because he is a Sox and has shown a desire to be one for the rest of his days. His loyalty is met with loyalty.

It's like a annoying brother versus an annoying co worker. You stick with the brother because you know you are in it together for the long haul.

Lip Man 1
06-12-2003, 10:52 AM
Three things went through my mind as I read mark's comments:

1. Yea those 34 wins the past two seasons really put the Sox in the playoffs didn't it? (It's a TEAM game Mark...)

2. Despite all those "quality starts" your record is 2-10 with an ERA over 6.00. I guess that says something about the "quality start" stat doesn't it?

3. The two years of "meet me in St. Louis" comments are coming back to haunt you. Sox fans don't forget, especially when you are 2-10.

Like with the negative publicity arguements... if you want cheers instead of boos, WIN MORE GAMES.

Lip

MisterB
06-12-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Dan H
The simple fact is that Buehrle is 2-10. Yes, he had some tough losses but for the most part he has been horrible this season. His ERA doesn't lie.

Actually it does. Buehrle has had 3 particularly bad outings this season: last night (8 er in 4 1/3 ip), 5/16 @ MIN (9 er 3 1/3 ip), and 4/20 vs CLE (7 er 4 1/3 ip). Remove those 3 games and his era is 3.22. He hasn't been as sharp this season even excluding the 3 aforementioned horrorshows, but in 8 of his starts he's allowed 2 earned runs or less (but only a record of 2-4 in those starts). Not what I'd call horrible "for the most part".

Other than that, I do agree that MB should keep his trap shut about the boos. He earned them last night.

34 Inch Stick
06-12-2003, 11:07 AM
And now ERA is lying to prove how well he has pitched. Just as you took away his three worst, also take away his three best. Now what does that ERA look like. I imagine we are in the 4's. Not horrible but certainly not what we would expect.

Jerko
06-12-2003, 11:38 AM
MB knows the fans booed Garland and saw what an ASS Garland made of himself for whining about it. So a 2-10 guy follows that up by attacking the fans for booing? And I don't understand baseball?????????? Garland was an ass for doing that and HE'S NOT 2-10!!!!! Shut up Mark. Since I am so stupid, I must ask for clarification on the following questions. I just hope you fans, my fellow "not understanding baseball" brethren, can help me.

When did 2-10 become a good enough record to rip the fans for booing when you have a teammate who was ripped for doing the same thing and has a better record than you? When did I wake up in St. Louis? When did MLB go to the old NHL rules where everybody played for their hometown teams? When does a pitcher try not to throw balls because of what the fans think? Isn't a pitcher NOT supposed to walk everybody? Is the time between April 10 and June 12 not more than 2 calendar months? Isn't that also the time since his last win? What asswipes we fans must be, not wanting our pitchers to give up hits.

Believe it or not Mark, some pitchers in MLB do get mad when they give up hits. They get mad and bear down and try to get the next batter out, they don't fall back on the old "we're not perfect, why do the fans expect perfection" or "I just had a bad day, but so does everybody so it's all right" mind-set that seems to permeate throughout the bowels of this entire team. Maybe that's it; maybe the white sox just need to take a big giant (no pun intended) dump and clear their minds before they wind up behind the AAA team right behind them in the standings. If they lose ONE GAME TO SAN DIEGO somebody better get gone, be it manager, gm, player, or owner. I don't care that the Giants are good, they play like crap against everyone and who pitched yesterday that left the game with a 1 hitter? I didn't think anybody would remember his name and we have 3 more of those to face over the weekend.

Hangar18
06-12-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Irishsox1
I want to know, will St. Louis give another award to Mark Buehrle this off season for totally sucking? And if he really wants to go to the Cardinals, fine. I recommend trading Mr. 2 and 10 for Albert Pujols. That way Mark can be with his beloved Cardinals and we can get our future DH/1st Base.

Good Question. I wonder what "Award" the St. Louis "we love everything american league" Cardinals are going to Invent so
that they can give it away to him at another Cardinals FanFest
or whatever the hell the media down there calls it. Ive had it with their tampering. Why dont they give awards to their
own players, instead of lusting after AL guys all the time

Viva Magglio
06-12-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by NC_sox_fan
Mark Buehrle is TWENTY-FOUR years old. He's gonna have his ups and downs. Last night he didn't have it. Period. Give the kid some credit for what he's done good and hope he can get it together to do good again.

You guys are brutal.

You may be right that Buehrle will have his ups and downs, but what he did last night is not easily forgiven. It's one thing to get shelled like he did. That happens to every pitcher at some point. However, the problem is his comments that we should not boo him. As paying customers, we have every right to express our dissatisfaction (within appropriate means that includes booing) when we see our team get shelled 8-0 while Minnesota and Kansas City are winning. And who the hell does he think he is telling us that "we don't know baseball." I'm tired of this "you never played the game..." pompous crap.

And if Buerhle does not like fans booing him, just wait until he has a crappy outing in Busch Stadium! Cardinal fans are a very demanding bunch. I was there this past Saturday afternoon, and they lustily booed Garrett Stephenson off the field after he served up several gopher balls to the St. Louis Browns-clad Baltimore Orioles. And if Buehrle goes off on Cardinal fans the same way he went off on us last night, he's toast in St. Louis.

alohafri
06-12-2003, 01:00 PM
I was with Steff at the game last night and she yelled pretty loudly at Buerhle, something about going to St. Louis...we were near Maggs and he turned around and looked at her.

Anyway, if Buerhle had any class he would have kept HIS BIG YAPPER SHUT instead of whining about wanting to go to St. Louis. That's a slap in the face to loyal Sox fans, it's like saying screw the Sox, I'd rather be with the Cards so I don't care how I pitch for [the Sox].

He deserved to get booed for being such an a$$.

sox_fan_forever
06-12-2003, 01:04 PM
Sometimes I can't believe Buehrle used to be one of my favorites. :angry:

alohafri
06-12-2003, 01:05 PM
...and another thing.

I hope Buerhle does end up in St. Louis. If he pitches a game for them like he did last night, he'll be lucky to get out of the Cardinal's park in one piece. Those fans are much more rabid than we are.

(P.S. this is Mrs. Aloha again)

harwar
06-12-2003, 01:15 PM
Buehrle obviously wants out of the White Sox organization really bad.What if he was tanking the season as a way to get out of here.He parties with the cardinals in the off-season,maybe he knows the owner.Maybe he knows that if he pitches so bad that he looks like hes' hurt then he can get out of staying on the southside for years to come.If he loses 20 games and gets all us White Sox fans against him,then maybe he can get what he really wants..to pitch for his beloved cardinals.Of course he might be injured and is saying nothing,or it may be because of all the innings hes' thrown the last 2 seasons and is going to be fine nest year.People tell me i see conspiracies everywhere but just because i'm paranoid doesn't mean i'm not right.

Viva Magglio
06-12-2003, 01:19 PM
You know, if and when Mark Buehrle goes out to catch the ceremonial first pitch tonight, I wonder how he'll be received when Gene Honda announces his name? I already feel sorry for the person throwing out the first pitch, because he/she will think they are getting booed. Of course, the damage control-conscious Sox will have thought this out in advance and not have Buehrle catch the first pitch.

34 Inch Stick
06-12-2003, 01:23 PM
But it may mean that people will stop paying attention to any of your posts in the future.

I like Buhrle. I hope he does well for the rest of his stay here. Once he's gone I do not wish him success. He will not get the kind of welcome back reserved for guys like Durham because he made it clear he does not want to be here.

Remember the better he pitches in the next couple of years the higher the price we can ask for him.

Hangar18
06-12-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
...and another thing.

I hope Buerhle does end up in St. Louis. If he pitches a game for them like he did last night, he'll be lucky to get out of the Cardinal's park in one piece. Those fans are much more rabid than we are.

Dang....Buehrle heard Steff from the Bullpen Bar ???
Nice One Steff

ChiSoxBobette
06-12-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
Don't be complaining about getting booed.

Especially on a night when you suck.

As someone who was at the game, I can tell you, Buehrle got booed because he pitched terribly. No stretch there. As an All-Star pitcher, I think fans should be able to expect that you not follow up a 2-out infield hit w/ 2 walks and then a rolling curve ball that turns into a grand slam for a guy that's hitting a spectacular .230 at the time.

Last night's booing had nothing to do w/ him losing his last 9 decisions. And fans don't care that he pitched well in a few outings and still lost. All we cared about last night was how he pitched LAST NIGHT. If anyone had thought about his previous performances, they would probably have thought of something better to do with their time instead of making the trip to the park.

So, to Mark "I'm-acting-like-a-spoiled-baby-and-I-wanna-play-in-St.-Louis" Buehrle: Shut the **** up and try not to give up 8 runs in your next start... [/B]

This is the same guy who the last couple of off seasons has told St.- Louis people that he wants to play for the cardinals. I was at the game last night and yeah Crede made a great stop and then threw it away, but Mark buddy you also had that guy who hit the grand salami 1 & 2 and then proceeded to hang a meatball to him and thats besides walking the two guys up before him , Buehrle then gives up another 4 runs in the 4th inning so waht do you expect. So if you don't want to get booed GO TO St. - Louis! If Buehrle was pitching like he was last year and at this point he was 10 & 2 we'd be in first probably. I get a kick out of these spoiled brats who can't take a little booing from thier fans. Hey If You Want To Be Cheered When You're 2 & 10 Go Play For The Flubs!

maurice
06-12-2003, 01:46 PM

I don't know about that. Sox fans are pretty darn rabid.

I was at the Cards game last Thursday and one fan reprimanded another for taunting Toronto's backup CF in a non-vulgar manner for two whole innings. Other Cards fans were very surprised to hear some of the standard Sox fan stuff my group was yelling out.

On a related note, Toronto turned an extremely rare 7-4 triple play, but the umps reversed the call mid-way through a 15-minute delay and sent Toronto back onto the field. We had some choice words for the umps for allowing such a long delay. Very strange game.

voodoochile
06-12-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
This team is too whiny. Everyone complains. When was the last time a player just came out and said "Hey, I sucked, the fans should boo me"? I can't really remember. It was probably someone like Kelly Wunsch though as hes one of the few stand-up guys on this team. I guess they follow the lead of their GM.

Well Maggs said something similar and it seems to have worked well in terms of motivating some of the others, but he himself has continued to suck.

Not a big fan of booing in general, but I think some of the boos are more just impatience in general. Sox fans are ready to boo at the drop of a hat and Mark is one of the targets for the way he has performed this year. Those boos were for being 2-9 when he walked into the building and then throwing a bunch of meatballs to Bonds, et al to make a strong run at loss number 10. His pitching this year has been maybe good enough to be .500, but he hasn't exactly been the ace everyone was hoping for anyway.

Sox fans have a right to expect more from him, but I also agree that we should be more patient with him and the team in general. Things like last night happen to every team. You just get beat. It still only counts as one loss...

Foulke You
06-12-2003, 02:34 PM
Buehrle, I like you (sighs heavily) but now I need to tongue lash you like I did for Jonny Garland. YOU DON'T DISS THE FANS. NO GOOD CAN COME FROM IT. You won 19 games last year so when you get shelled and look like a Class A ball pitcher, expect a negative reaction from an already frustrated fanbase. All you need to do is look up at that 1917 flag flapping in the breeze at Comiskey to understand this fanbase's angst. I also agree with the one poster's comment about this team being waaaaay too sensitive. Sox fans are similar to NY in the fact that we boo the crap out of you when you are bad but if you win, it is one of the greatest place to be. Get a thicker skin fellas! This is the big leagues!

soxruleEP
06-12-2003, 02:34 PM
I was at the game. I didn't boo Buerhle, but if I had known he was going to cry about it and say crap like "I expect that here," I would have.

Open Letter to Mark:

I paid $2400 for my season tickets. That is pretty significant percentage of my family's yearly income. What have I gotten in return? This team has shown zero energy. Everytime it looks like they are waking up, somebody stinks up the joint and we get our a$$es handed to us.

We all pay GOOD money to watch these games and devote a great deal of life energy to the team. The least we can expect is to be treated with the least amount of respect by the players, management, and owners.

I do know the game. I know when somebody pitches well and still loses. That has happened to you this season.

But you have also pitched like crap more than a few times. And the team has generally played like crap. You are a part of that team and so when you really stink it up--like the Sox and you did last night--you are going to hear about it. We are not idiot Cub fans who think the sign of loyalty is cheer no matter what crap is foisted upon them.

You are also not getting cut a lot of slack because for two seasons you have run home to Missouri and talked about how you can't wait to play for the Cardinals.

And then you turn around and reject a better contract offer than the Sox have EVER made to a pitcher.

And we don't understand the game?

You don't understand the least part of normal human psychology.

Shut the hell up and pitch.

Iwritecode
06-12-2003, 03:02 PM

Ya know it's real easy to create a new user name. Heck, even Mrs. PHG has one...

:)

duke of dorwood
06-12-2003, 03:20 PM
Hey Mark-join the PGA-there they cheer the good, and its quiet when you blow. Please dont stop winning just because you got booed.

hose
06-12-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by soxruleEP
I was at the game. I didn't boo Buerhle, but if I had known he was going to cry about it and say crap like "I expect that here," I would have.

Open Letter to Mark:

I paid $2400 for my season tickets. That is pretty significant percentage of my family's yearly income. What have I gotten in return? This team has shown zero energy. Everytime it looks like they are waking up, somebody stinks up the joint and we get our a$$es handed to us.

We all pay GOOD money to watch these games and devote a great deal of life energy to the team. The least we can expect is to be treated with the least amount of respect by the players, management, and owners.

I do know the game. I know when somebody pitches well and still loses. That has happened to you this season.

But you have also pitched like crap more than a few times. And the team has generally played like crap. You are a part of that team and so when you really stink it up--like the Sox and you did last night--you are going to hear about it. We are not idiot Cub fans who think the sign of loyalty is cheer no matter what crap is foisted upon them.

You are also not getting cut a lot of slack because for two seasons you have run home to Missouri and talked about how you can't wait to play for the Cardinals.

And then you turn around and reject a better contract offer than the Sox have EVER made to a pitcher.

And we don't understand the game?

You don't understand the least part of normal human psychology.

Shut the hell up and pitch.

Excellent post !!! I feel the same way

RKMeibalane
06-12-2003, 05:20 PM
When does Mark's contract expire? The Sox should just let him leave. He doesn't want to be in Chicago, so I don't want him around, either. The Sox can use the money they were going to pay him in order to re-sign Colon and Loaiza. At least those two want to be a part of the Sox organization. Of course, KW will probably trade both of them by the end of July, so I guess it doesn't matter.

This team has so many whiners and complainers on its roster. It's pathetic. The White Sox are a professional baseball team, so it's time that they found players who are capable of acting like professionals. This is not Little League Baseball. You don't get ice cream or soft drinks after each game, and saying, "We'll get 'em next time" isn't good enough.

Buehrle is just the latest team member to open his big mouth. Garland was bitching and moaning earlier about the fans, and Konerko has also complained about his playing time. Well, I've got news for the three of you. If you aren't playing well, no one is going to be happy about it.

As far as playing time is concerned, that has to be earned. Hitting below .200 in the month June is not acceptable. Period. Frank Thomas has been the best offensive player on the Sox roster this season, so he will continue to play every day. If Konerko wants to play first base again, then he'd better get his head out of his ass.

It's been a while since the last time I attended a Sox game. At this point, I see no reason to see another game, because this team just doesn't give a damn.

Hangar18
06-12-2003, 05:24 PM
Excellent post, I second the motion SoxRuleEP.
Hey Mark Buehrle, You give blind loyalty to a team that
didnt think enough of YOU to draft YOU. Wheres your
appreciation for the Team that Drafted you and gave you
a Chance ?? Wheres the Loyalty? Sure, that other
team with the red hats keeps inviting you for Jive Dinners,
to give you Bogus Awards....Were the ones (the fans indirectly)
that pay your salary. We come out to watch you pitch at the
Cell, not that red hatted team. Were the ones that travel
2000 Miles to watch YOU pitch on the west coast. I think
were allowed to boo that stupid pitch you threw to a .232
hitter for a Grand Slam.

MarqSox
06-12-2003, 06:05 PM
At this point, it's a foregone conclusion for me that Buehrle will be gone in 2 or 3 years, maybe sooner. I don't think it's a stretch to think that once it happens, he will become one of Sox Fans' most despised enemies. I'd rather have a team that wins than a team that I like on a personal level, but I'd rather have a crappy player that busts his butt and respects the fans than an all star who rips them after a bad outing. Get this @$$hole outta here! :angry:

Vsahajpal
06-12-2003, 06:09 PM
They were saying Boo-urly.

gosox41
06-12-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
They were saying Boo-urly.

LMAO. Just about anything from 'The Simpsons' is hilarious.

Bob

HawkDJ
06-12-2003, 07:23 PM
Just another reason why Buehrle is my least favorite player on the Sox, and he has been since the last off-season.

Before I was angry that he would be leaving for St. Louis the first chance he gets...now I just don't care.

harwar
06-12-2003, 08:01 PM
One last thing about Buehrle.I hope that freaking punk realizes that you don't treat White Sox fans like cub fans.The more i think about that guy the more angry i get.Sox fans aren't all warm and fuzzy like cub or cardinal fans.I grew up not far from Comiskey and i had to fight my way through high school.All i have to say is that guy better SHUT THE UP and pitch.If he doesn't like pitching for theWhite Sox then freaking leave and sell insurance or work construction or,better yet, join the military.It might make a man out of you. It worked for me.

signed..out of patience and had enough...

valposoxfan
06-12-2003, 09:35 PM
Buehrle is getting everything that he deserves after the way he ran the Sox around in circles and alienated the organization in the offseason. Once again he has turned into an immature punk who can't handle booing when he does not do his job correctly. He didn't place his pitches last nite, he just winged them up there. No effort. You deserved it you whiny b****. 2 of 5 White Sox starters have cried over being booed. Who's next???

MHOUSE
06-12-2003, 09:45 PM
After the last two seasons I was totally on the Buehrle bandwagon and I loved the kid. Then when KW wouldn't give into his contract demands (although they must have been HIGH) I was afraid he would win 20 games and then St. Louis would steal him. I have felt awfully bad for him this season because aside from 3 terrible outings and maybe 2 pretty bad outings, he has pitched pretty well. It's not his fault the guys behind him can't field or hit worth a damn. The earlier post said that his ERA aside from those 3 starts is 3.22 That's damn good and he could be .500 at least if not better with a little support. No way he is a 2-10 pitcher.

But THEN he goes and calls me stupid and says I shouldn't boo him and that I don't know anything about baseball. That pisses me off. I defended you on this website Mark. I posted your stats, I argued that you're not worthless. I picked a game you were pitching in for my first trip to the ballpark because you were my favorite pitcher. But then you criticize me for exercising my right to boo you for a very poor outing? Please. You've made it clear in the last two offseasons and with your whining this season that you don't want to be here. That used to upset me, but now go ahead and leave. I don't care. I hope we get something worthwhile for you and I'm hella glad you didn't sign that contract. Kudos for KW for standing up to your whiny butt. Go out and SHOW ME SOMETHING before you criticze me and my fellow fans who pay money and spend time watching this team. You lost a loyal fan Mark, you better hope your pals in St. Louie will make up for it.

1951Campbell
06-12-2003, 10:15 PM
Hey Mark,

Granted, it may be true that I don't understand baseball. Granted, I did walk 13 consecutive batters once in JV baseball. Granted, I haven't sat down on a Sunday afternoon and thumbed through my copy of the Bill James Baseball Abstract lately. But I can say with a lot of confidence that being on pace to lose 20+ games when you start about 35 games, does, in fact "s*** the sweat off a dead man's b***s," to quote Forrest Whittaker.

Yours,

1951Campbell

PS: You'll be mighty embarrassed in StL when your batting average is higher than your winning percentage.

HawkDJ
06-13-2003, 12:03 PM
Mark on his comments yesterday:
I don't think I said anything that bad. I deserved to be booed yesterday. I pitched like crap so of course they're going to be upset. But the whole thing with them booing yesterday was 'OK, you're 2-10.' Not, 'You've thrown the ball good in your last 2 starts and you deserved to win.' The way they're making it sound is that I've gone out there and thrown bad every start and I've lost 10 games because it's my fault. I was 2-9 coming into (Wednesday) but a lot of those nine losses, I threw well. It's just frustrating to see the fans boo. Yeah, I should have gotten booed (Wednesday) and a lot of starts this year. But (Wednesday), a lot of fans were saying 'You (stink),' which I did. But they don't look at all the games when I've thrown good

Mark on his contract situation:
A lot of fans, they didn't see my point of the whole contract thing,'' Buehrle said. "They just saw what you guys put in (the newspaper) or what the management had to say. I'm sure they're going to look at that and say I should have signed it."

Vsahajpal
06-16-2003, 10:54 PM
Dear Mark Buehrle,

You pitched a gem tonight. That was fun to watch.

Vick

p.s. The Cardinals suck!