PDA

View Full Version : Let's not get spoiled...

Fridaythe13thJason
06-11-2003, 10:53 PM
We lost tonight...yes we did look like the old Sox who get down by an unknown, but...

We did make a short ralley after he left, lending to the reasoning that he actually was impressive out there.

Also, if we win tomorrow, we will win the series from the Giants, one of the best teams in the majors. THAT will be a major accomplishment and we can still consider ourselves on a good track.

34 Inch Stick
06-12-2003, 08:28 AM
And then we'll soil ourselves against the Padres! This season is over.

whitesoxwilkes
06-12-2003, 09:16 AM
I stand by the edict I issued earlier in the week: 2 out of 3 from SF and a sweep of SD proves that we still have a chance. Anything less diminishes my hopes substantially.

Hangar18
06-12-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
I stand by the edict I issued earlier in the week: 2 out of 3 from SF and a sweep of SD proves that we still have a chance. Anything less diminishes my hopes substantially.

Yes, this is Possible. I like the way you think mikey....

captain54
06-12-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by SoCalUIC
Also, if we win tomorrow, we will win the series from the Giants, one of the best teams in the majors. THAT will be a major accomplishment and we can still consider ourselves on a good track.

"Let's not get spoiled"

Huh???

yes, the Sox have won SO many division, league and World Series championships in the last 40 years, let's give someone else a chance every once in a while......

from here on out, I am officially declaring that any potential postive aspect of this season also has a potential negative impact on the overall state of this franchise.......

we are approaching the third year in a row of the same tired scenario....the Sox show signs of life, only to again sputter and bore the crap out of us with "corpseball"...yet, we have ownership that is more concerned about the name of the field and picking up a few extra sheckels, and slapping on a new coat of paint to a 13 year old stadium that is already outdated.....

this organization desparately needs an overhaul.....starting with progressive thinking ownership with a commitment to winning....anything positive at this point seems like a smokescreen to me, and a delay of the inevitable.....

sorry, my glass is half empty

Fridaythe13thJason
06-12-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by captain54
"Let's not get spoiled"

Huh???

yes, the Sox have won SO many division, league and World Series championships in the last 40 years, let's give someone else a chance every once in a while......

from here on out, I am officially declaring that any potential postive aspect of this season also has a potential negative impact on the overall state of this franchise.......

we are approaching the third year in a row of the same tired scenario....the Sox show signs of life, only to again sputter and bore the crap out of us with "corpseball"...yet, we have ownership that is more concerned about the name of the field and picking up a few extra sheckels, and slapping on a new coat of paint to a 13 year old stadium that is already outdated.....

this organization desparately needs an overhaul.....starting with progressive thinking ownership with a commitment to winning....anything positive at this point seems like a smokescreen to me, and a delay of the inevitable.....

sorry, my glass is half empty

Well, I agree with most everything you've said, but I think that many of us have to look at this team through the context of this season and knowing that it will either stay together or be firesold. In that context, I will look at 2 of 3 from the Giants and a mashing of the Padres as tremendous progress towards catching the Twin.

I like to watch baseball, not so much "the business of baseball." So for me, if I were to give up on the season this early and not watch it for that reason, I will be bored. I might as well go become a fan of another team.