PDA

View Full Version : Yankees - Astros No Hitter

duke of dorwood
06-11-2003, 09:00 PM
WOW

Jjav829
06-11-2003, 09:00 PM
The Astros just pitched a no-hitter against the Yankmees. 6, count em 6, pitchers combined for the no hitter. Amazing! Heads will roll in New York. The Boss must be steaming right now. Go Astros!

duke of dorwood
06-11-2003, 09:01 PM
Who's he gonna dump tonight?

kevingrt
06-11-2003, 09:01 PM
I LUVE IT!!!

By the way what happened to Oswalt?

doublem23
06-11-2003, 09:02 PM
Man I'm glad I live a safe 800 or so miles from Yankee Stadium because Steinbrenner is going to be pissed.

duke of dorwood
06-11-2003, 09:03 PM
Heads are Rolling as we speak-a negative "First Time" for a Steinbrenner team

Tavarin
06-11-2003, 09:05 PM
Oswalt reinjured his groin

duke of dorwood
06-11-2003, 09:05 PM
:jerry

Tinkering conquers all

Bisco Stu
06-11-2003, 09:08 PM
Torre's a moron for lifting Robin in the 9th.

Only Skank with any class...

TornLabrum
06-11-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
The Astros just pitched a no-hitter against the Yankmees. 6, count em 6, pitchers combined for the no hitter. Amazing! Heads will roll in New York. The Boss must be steaming right now. Go Astros!

How many pitchers did we use tonight in our non-no-hitter?

Lip Man 1
06-11-2003, 10:08 PM
I guess neither Blue Moon Odom or Francisco Barrios were available for the Sox!

For those who don't know these two guys combined to no hit the A's in Oakland for the Sox in 1976.

Lip

duke of dorwood
06-11-2003, 10:53 PM
I remember that game-got very little play here, of course

LuvSox
06-12-2003, 04:33 AM
Great game Astros! This means you out did the Cubbies again!

Ol Aches & Pains
06-12-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
Torre's a moron for lifting Robin in the 9th.

Only Skank with any class...

I read in the Sun-Times this morning that by the time the Astros got back to the clubhouse after the game, there were six bottles of champagne waiting there, one in front of each no-hit pitcher's locker, courtesy of the New York Yankees. Tell me that isn't class.

MHOUSE
06-12-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Ol Aches & Pains
I read in the Sun-Times this morning that by the time the Astros got back to the clubhouse after the game, there were six bottles of champagne waiting there, one in front of each no-hit pitcher's locker, courtesy of the New York Yankees. Tell me that isn't class.

Wow that is classy. You can bet $ Shammee Sosa wouldn't hand one champagne bottle to an opposing player for any reason. That BS hug to Maguire they always show and talk about was so fake. Doesn't anyone pay attention to what lies beneath?

Paulwny
06-13-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Ol Aches & Pains

Let's not get into a yankmee love fest:

From the Houston Chronicle:

Mystery champagne

When Billy Wagner told the media the Yankees gave bottles of champagne to the six Astros pitchers who teamed on a no-hitter Wednesday night, he didn't realize the author of the gift was director of baseball administration Barry Waters.

Lou Cucuzza Jr., the visitors' clubhouse manager at Yankee Stadium, ordered the champagne bottles. As Wagner's praise of the Yankees' class for the gesture circulated nationally, Cucuzza got an angry call from the Yankees' brass early Thursday morning.

"I told (Cucuzza) that if we do it (order the champagne), not to call until the last out," Waters said. "When Billy got the last out, I gave (Cucuzza) the thumb's up, and he went and got it. To be honest, I don't want him to get in trouble.

"It was me. I asked him to do it. I just thought it was a nice gesture. You're not going to see this again, not with six pitchers. I've been around a few no-hitters -- Nolan Ryan's, Darryl Kile's and Mike Scott's."

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/bb/1950507

fhqwhgads
06-13-2003, 12:15 PM
Classy my ass. Listen to The Boss whine:

Steinbrenner said that what galled him most about the no-hitter was the way Jimy Williams managed the Astros. Steinbrenner believed Williams intentionally tried to humiliate the Yankees by using so many pitchers - six, a record for a no-hitter - to protect a big lead.

"I will not be critical of the other team; they're a great team," Steinbrenner said. "But I thought their manager kind of rubbed it in on our guys, one reliever after another. He was on a mission.

Good Lord.

Ol Aches & Pains
06-13-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Let's not get into a yankmee love fest:

From the Houston Chronicle:

Mystery champagne

When Billy Wagner told the media the Yankees gave bottles of champagne to the six Astros pitchers who teamed on a no-hitter Wednesday night, he didn't realize the author of the gift was director of baseball administration Barry Waters.

Lou Cucuzza Jr., the visitors' clubhouse manager at Yankee Stadium, ordered the champagne bottles. As Wagner's praise of the Yankees' class for the gesture circulated nationally, Cucuzza got an angry call from the Yankees' brass early Thursday morning.

"I told (Cucuzza) that if we do it (order the champagne), not to call until the last out," Waters said. "When Billy got the last out, I gave (Cucuzza) the thumb's up, and he went and got it. To be honest, I don't want him to get in trouble.

"It was me. I asked him to do it. I just thought it was a nice gesture. You're not going to see this again, not with six pitchers. I've been around a few no-hitters -- Nolan Ryan's, Darryl Kile's and Mike Scott's."

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/bb/1950507

OK, then I salute director of baseball administration Barry Waters. At least somebody on the Yankees has class. I didn't think it was Steinbrenner's idea.

fuzzy_patters
06-14-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Wow that is classy. You can bet $ Shammee Sosa wouldn't hand one champagne bottle to an opposing player for any reason. That BS hug to Maguire they always show and talk about was so fake. Doesn't anyone pay attention to what lies beneath?

You're right. Sammy would never part with a bottle. Sammy would keep the cork for his bat and save the bottle for beating his wife.