PDA

View Full Version : CBS Sportsline Sox ripping article.

A.T. Money
06-11-2003, 06:19 PM
Here you go fellas:

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/6422309

Another article praising the Twins and dissing the Sox. :whiner:

MetalliSox
06-11-2003, 06:46 PM
I have a saying when it comes to sports:

"If you can't play it, you coach it. If you can play or coach it, you ref it. And if you can't play it, coach it, or ref it, you write about it."

Guys who probably never played the game writing crud.

jeremyb1
06-11-2003, 06:50 PM
i saw that. i'm really losing my patients with the flat out lies about our team talking trash. its just so irresponsible to print something like that as a fact on a major news site such as sportsline. terrible.

T Dog
06-11-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by KonerkosHip
I have a saying when it comes to sports:

"If you can't play it, you coach it. If you can play or coach it, you ref it. And if you can't play it, coach it, or ref it, you write about it."

Guys who probably never played the game writing crud.

Well put. That complements something you might hear in serious journalism circles:

"If you can't write, you write about sports."

spanishwhite
06-12-2003, 03:23 AM
Writers won't start writing realistic articles until we
make a race out of it.

Writers are generally sheep.

During the offseason, the Twins were being predicted as
potential WS contenders let alone division winners.

A couple of off-season moves including the Colon move and
it became cliche to say that the Sox were the favorites to win
the division.

Now, we have "no offense" and a shaky bullpen, so the Twins
are back to being the "clear-cut division" favorites.

ma-gaga
06-12-2003, 10:15 AM
What? This article only mentions/rips the W.Sox in passing, and yes, there are a lot of people that called out the W.Sox to be the "surprise team" of the AL. Go to ESPN, go to B.Prospectus, go to B.Primer. They are there.

The article is on the money. The W.Sox have the "star" power, with Magglio, Konerko, Hurt, Buehrle, and Colon. They should be dominating everyone they play. The Twins have Torii Hunter as their superstar. Limited offensively, a nut defensively. Yet, the Twins are a much deeper team than the Sox are.

I mean, they ain't perfect. They have the lowest walk rate in the league... (Well, ok, they're above Tampa Bay...) And they've been downright ugly at home. So they don't pound the ball down teams 10-3. That's not their style. They play the 5-4 type game. Every game. Go ahead, break down their scores, their std.deviation is a lot lower than the W.Sox, becuase they are a balanced team. They've been this way for the last 2+ years. This isn't an aberration. They aren't "lucky". They ain't going away.

The Sox's stars haven't played as they have in the past. I don't know if it's age related decline or some hidden injury, or whatever, but obviously, it hasn't worked out well for them. They can still turn it around, but this was supposed to be their month that they could get that 4-5 game lead over the rest of the division. Sorry, but the W.Sox have rolled over and died. The schedule isn't as pretty for the W.Sox the rest of the way, and the Twins can pretty much coast, yes, I'm saying this on June 12, they can practically coast the rest of the way. The Twins schedule is easy. Very easy, the rest of the year. They currently face something like 12 more games against teams with >0.500 records. Depending on where the Royals are. And I think the Sox face something like 32 more games against teams above 0.500.

I'm pissed. I wanted a good division race. I want the Royals to suceed. I want the W.Sox to suceed so the talking heads can shut up about how 'weak of a division' the AL Central is. I want Cleveland's rebuilding project to land them a couple of games under 0.500. I want the AL Central to go 0.600 against the goddamn Yankees, Red Sox, Mariners, A's, Angels, Blue Jays, Rangers, Orioles, Rays, and Rangers... To shut up the Ron Dibbles, the Peter Gammons, the Rob Neyers, the B.Prospectus'ers, the B.Primers about how bad of a division we're in. Pissed off. I want those 'easy' games to be against the AL West. I want teams to fear us.

gah!!!!? :angry: :angry: :angry: Now I'm worked up. ...