PDA

View Full Version : Jon's comments on last night.

i_luv_jgarland
06-11-2003, 01:52 PM
“Truthfully, I didn’t feel that good,” said Garland, who issued the first walk by a White Sox starter in the last three games. “I missed a lot of my spots. In actuality, I was effectively wild. Pretty amazing.

Hmm.... Maybe Jon should be "effectively wild" more often. :o:

konerkopeachy
06-11-2003, 07:07 PM
Soooo...he's dismissing this start as merely a fluke? :?:

fquaye149
06-11-2003, 07:17 PM
probably just being modest, or playing it down. esteban was doing the whole month of april when he was the $#!+(still is). i guess the idea is don't jump on your own d#@$ while you still have something to prove.

kevingrt
06-11-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by konerkopeachy
Soooo...he's dismissing this start as merely a fluke? :?:

I wouldn't say that. I think he is trying to say he did well considering he didn't have his best stuff on the mond last night. Which is pretty damn good! Whenever you don't have your stuff on the mound and give up 2 runs thats awesome. But I'm trying to figure out how many times he actually has his good stuff then? Because he struck out like 7 hitters, including the side in the 1st half inning.

doublem23
06-11-2003, 10:03 PM
Good thing that everyone calling for his head at the start of the year has no real power in this organization...

i_luv_jgarland
06-12-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by fquaye149
probably just being modest, or playing it down. esteban was doing the whole month of april when he was the $#!+(still is). i guess the idea is don't jump on your own d#@$ while you still have something to prove.

eloquently put.

fquaye149
06-12-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by i_luv_jgarland
eloquently put.

i do what i can