PDA

View Full Version : Great win over Giants,BUT PLEASE GUYS,STOP THE #$%@&$ WAVE!

Grobber33
06-11-2003, 12:22 PM
No question,that last night,after Bonds crushed his 475 foot bomb,the Sox answered and came up with a great win,scarry as it was in the 9th. BUT....This is Chicago! It does'nt matter if you are a Sox,Cubs,Bulls,Bears,or Blackhawks Fan. CHICAGOANS DO NOT RESORT TO CALIFORNIA'S 'GIFT'(not) TO THE WORLD--THE WAVE!!!
It's been done a few times in the past at Comiskey and was done again last night. Many true legit Basbell Fans tried to Boo it down,and refused to take part,but it circled the lower bowl about 3 times. In CHICAGO(anywhere in Chicago)this is a disgrace!
Fans are supposed to be INTO the game and paying attention at Sox games,and most were doing it last night,but some morons who started this dumb thing,showed they were boored and not paying attention to the game. And it was a HELL OF A GAME!!
Please!!! Let the wave stay in the land of Nuts and Flakes(Calif) where it belongs. Tell your Friends to ignore any future attempts to start the Wave in any venu in Chicago,Boo it down!!!! This is'nt a Sox vs Cubs thing, it's a Chicago vs the World thing guys!!!
All the best as always!
LES

ScottyTheSoxFan
06-11-2003, 12:27 PM
Amen.

cheeses_h_rice
06-11-2003, 12:34 PM
Les, the sad fact is, when there are more than about 25,000 at Comiskey, chances are good the Wave will be started up.

Non-baseball fans and tourists eat that stuff up.

kevingrt
06-11-2003, 12:48 PM
I was there last night Les and I agree totally! But if you take all the people that liked the wave out of the park, we might have 50 people at the park

captain54
06-11-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Grobber33

Fans are supposed to be INTO the game and paying attention at Sox games,and most were doing it last night,but some morons who started this dumb thing,showed they were boored and not paying attention to the game. And it was a HELL OF A GAME!!
LES

Les, let's face it....the real Chicago White Sox fans have been driven away by Reinsdorf and his band of clowns during the course of his 23 year reign of terror....most are totally disgusted with this mess he has created on the South Side and have been staying away for a long time now...

so what you have left going to Sox games are mostly the totally unknowledgable "fan" who are attracted by fireworks and the pretty lights on the scoreboard rather than the excitement of solid winning baseball team....

the tragedy is I KNOW (and I am kinda going out on a limb here), there is the potential to be at least 25/M to 30/M REAL White Sox fans at EVERY GAME, who would slap "the Wave" down in a heartbeat.....

but sad to say it aint gonna happen with Uncle Jerry in the drivers seat

Blueprint1
06-11-2003, 01:03 PM
I don't do the wave but if others want to do it i could care less. IF there are butts in the seats thats all i care about. Plus the wave was not created in Ca it was done by soccer fans across the world before it made its way out to CA. Not that its something to be proud of. You people never seem happy though. We have to acknowledge that all the people at the park do not like baseball as much as we do. We have to deal with these people and keep them happy. If the stupid wave does this thats fine with me.

Grobber33
06-11-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Blueprint1
I don't do the wave but if others want to do it i could care less. IF there are butts in the seats thats all i care about. Plus the wave was not created in Ca it was done by soccer fans across the world before it made its way out to CA. Not that its something to be proud of. You people never seem happy though. We have to acknowledge that all the people at the park do not like baseball as much as we do. We have to deal with these people and keep them happy. If the stupid wave does this thats fine with me.

Actually, ROB WELLER is credited with 'inventing' that awful thing while a cheerleader at the Univ of Washington. Euopeans also credit Americans(Weller)with creating it. It distracts from the game,can bother the Pitcher(not good if it's the Home team Pitcher). Weller braggs about being the 'Father' of the Wave. Not something I would ever want to admit to doing.

Foulke You
06-11-2003, 01:15 PM
I was at the game last night and was upset at the wave but once it starts, I try to ignore it and don't participate. There were many Sox fans in my section in LF that were booing it but to no avail. I've noticed that it happens on half price nights (like any other Comiskey oddity these days). The wave aside, the crowd was pretty loud and into the game for the most part.

What is the deal with Cub fans invading on half price nights? I sat in front of four Cub fans and to the right of three other Cub fans. If the Cubs have such great fans, why do they come to OUR ballpark all decked out in their Cubbie hats and cute little "Shut up and drink your beer" Wrigley Field bleacher t-shirts? They desperately encouraged the wave in our section. If they are truly great fans of the Cubs, they would have been at home or a bar watching their team beat Baltimore 4-0 last night instead of annoying the piss out of me at Comiskey. It must be because this was the first time the Giants have been to Chicago since 1917.

MRKARNO
06-11-2003, 01:16 PM
It's good that the fans are happy, but I'd rather see the fans cheer louder for every little play instead of doing the wave. I guess that crazy stuff will inevitably happen on half-price night. If you're not 100% into watching the game and good things happen in the game, the wave is the result. I'm a very vocal fan, I cheer loudly for good plays and nasty Strikouts (like the one to Bonds in the 2nd inning). I Clap for 2-0 and 3-1 counts, I go wild for a homer, but I'm not inclined to do the wave. If the sox were leading a playoff game at the cell, I doubt that there would be a wave.

duke of dorwood
06-11-2003, 01:18 PM
We go to other places where its done, and people cant understand why we dont do it-I would never be that bored at a sporting event to stoop to that. If it was an inspiring type of cheer to motivate the home team, thats one thing-it definately is NOT and it makes me sick to see that in our park. Make anyone thay does that move to the upper deck.

Meixner007
06-11-2003, 01:19 PM
Les, I'm with you on this one. I get disgusted everytime I see that thing go around. I'd expect it at the urinal, but not at the cell. I do my part in refusing to take part in it, and voice my opinion to the section I'm in. Just because it happens doesn't mean we have to go along with it. I propose a "stop the wave" campaign right now.

hose
06-11-2003, 01:26 PM
It's not the fans fault Grobber, the seats are corked :D:

Procol Harum
06-11-2003, 01:42 PM
While not a fan of the Wave by any stretch, ya kinda have to realize that, as Cheeses, points out, non-baseball fans and turistas love the Wave. Add to that the legion of kids (and yesterday was the last day of school for a lot of suburban districts which was undoubtedly a contributing factor to last night's healthy-sized crowd) who are not as "sophisticated" as we old purists and ya got yourselves a Wave happenin.' Methinks we'll just have to learn to live with it, guys and let the kids and Moms and casual attenders have their jollies.

Now, as far as that silly Cubbie tossin' the opponents' home run balls back jazz.... :angry:

Jerko
06-11-2003, 01:47 PM
I don't mind butts in the seats either, the key words being "in the seats". I HATE the wave, but as everyone else said on nights where that park has over 22,000, there are alot of non fans just looking for a night out. What makes me more aggravated than the wave is when the fans at the Cell throw opposing teams' home run balls back. THAT IS a Cub fan thing, and they can keep it.

34 Inch Stick
06-11-2003, 02:11 PM
Interesting that the Grobber lays in the weeds for a week and a half while the whole Sammy cork issue is going on, then shows his face to rip on Sox fans. Les, like marriage, you have to stick with us through the good times and the bad.

AND FOR THAT, YOU SUCK!

jeremyb1
06-11-2003, 02:39 PM
apparently i'm the only one but i think this thread is ridiculous. i have no problem with the wave. i'm proud to say i participated last night. i've never heard this disdain for the wave voiced by anyone before. everyone enjoys it and it gets the crowd even more into the game last night. i thought the wave was the result of the most intense, exciting atmosphere i've seen at the park in ages so i couldn't imagine complaining about it. i fail to see the harm...

alohafri
06-11-2003, 02:44 PM
I too was at the game last night---I've pretty much resigned to just ignoring the nimrods who participate in the wave--it's a losing battle! What is worse is when these idiots start it when the Sox are losing--that really disgusts me to no end. That along with the "fan-o-meter" which we don't need--Sox fans pay attention and DO NOT need to be reminded when to cheer!!! :angry:

As for the attendance last night, the scoreboard said 23k but I don't believe it--it was more like 28k. For the most part, the crowd was really into the game the whole time.

There were people calling for the fan to throw back Bonds' HR ball. You'd have to be a complete moron to throw it back. Those are worth more than SCAMMe's ever will!

The people who start the wave, throw back HR balls and the like are NOT SOX fans. We have to just grin and bear it. I was waiting for the da%n beach balls to come out next.

-Mrs. Aloha

alohafri
06-11-2003, 02:52 PM
to Jeremy:

It is your duty as a Sox fan to NOT participate in nonsense like the wave. (If you choose to do so anyway, please refrain from wearing anything that might indicate you are a Sox fan. )

There is nothing inherently "wrong" with doing the wave, it's just that it's a dumb thing to do at a professional sports game. I think it gives the impression that the fans are more interested in goofing around than what's going on on the field and/or rooting for their team.

-Mrs. Aloha

Fridaythe13thJason
06-11-2003, 03:00 PM
Being at the Dodger's game the other day was awful. They're quite good at it here. They kept it going for a long time. It's really disgusting. None of the White Sox fans were participating, and many of us were yelling and screaming at those who were.

It's amazing that a country who really doesn't like soccer like the US, would love something that came from it so much.

longshot7
06-11-2003, 03:02 PM
Sorry guys, but you're totally wrong on this one. I'm a true Sox/baseball fan and I LOVE the wave. It rules - does not take away from the game, and is fun for everyone. Purists are so anal - they don't like anything that takes away from their "experience." Going to a game is about having fun, so what's wrong with the Wave? Next thing you'll say is you hate the beach balls too. I guess you just can't please some people.

'shot.

Blueprint1
06-11-2003, 03:05 PM
You guys i don't do the wave but i don't care if other people want to do it. Do you want people that don't enjoy baseball to go to the game??? Yes we do thats how we pay for players. the Fano-meter, the wave, other stupid things make it fun for poeple. Ill watch baseball and others can have fun how they like. As long as it helps the team why do I care. yelling at poeple having a good time only makes them not want to come back. You guys we need these people to come so we can pay the players.

pudge
06-11-2003, 04:09 PM
For the record, everyone in the Seattle area is convinced the wave started at Husky Stadium, and I've heard other sources report the same info. So my current hometown is the place to blame. But at least the Seattle fans pack their stadium. I'd rather see 45,000 people doing the wave than 2,000 people sitting in the Cell. Why don't the Sox do a $1 ticket night like they have been doing in some other parks - it would be so sweet to see the place packed for a regular season game.

Hangar18
06-11-2003, 04:32 PM
I was In LA this weekend, and the fans kept doing it
over there both games I was at. It was mildly annoying.
oh well, i just watched the game.

A.T. Money
06-11-2003, 05:29 PM
The wave doesn't bother me. It's nice to see a lively crowd for a change. Apparently, it rubbed off on the Sox too. We've seen too much corpseball for one year. I'll take liveliness anyway I can get it.

DrCrawdad
06-11-2003, 06:02 PM
... This is'nt a Sox vs Cubs thing...

Sure, sure...

I'm not in favor of the wave. I was at the game last night, and I did not participate in the wave.

When I saw the wave (and let's be honest, it only went on for a few minutes) I knew that Les would be chomping at the bit to add this to his litany of things to go after Sox fans about.

I still remember Les, and other members of the media, ranting when in the 2K playoffs there were a few people who had signs taunting the Cubs. There were 43K+ at the each of the two home games but Les focused on the handful of people with signs.

These reasons and others make it difficult for me to believe that Les is solely interested in stopping the wave.

That said, if as Les states, he's merely interested in seeing the wave stopped then great. I'm for it.

sox_fan_forever
06-11-2003, 06:16 PM
Personally, I don't like the wave, and I haven't participated in it since I was a little kid. However, if other people want to do it that's fine with me, just don't start it when the bases are loaded with nobody out and Frank Thomas coming up to bat. There is nothing more annoying than not being able to see an important part of the game because everyone around you is doing the stupid wave.

joecrede
06-11-2003, 06:54 PM
I like the wave for the simple reason that I think Les sees it as proof that Sox fans are as baseball illiterate as Cubs fans.

Let's see ... Cubs fans believe Sammy used corky only in BP, Sox fans do the wave. You decide. :D:

Kroozah
06-11-2003, 07:45 PM
Make that a southern California thing, us in northern California don't want to be associated with those down there.

Grobber33
06-12-2003, 12:31 AM
I still remember Les, and other members of the media, ranting when in the 2K playoffs there were a few people who had signs taunting the Cubs. There were 43K+ at the each of the two home games but Les focused on the handful of people with signs.

These reasons and others make it difficult for me to believe that Les is solely interested in stopping the wave.

That said, if as Les states, he's merely interested in seeing the wave stopped then great. I'm for it. [/B][/QUOTE]

Look, I'm not interested in ripping on Sox FANS,,the one's who are there to see the game.I'm indeed on the 'Touristas' who dont know a bleepin thing about going to a Baseball game. Again,this is more than Sox-Cubs,,,,it's a CHICAGO thing. Yes this awful,old and now tired and usless fad started at the U of Washington by Rob Weller-when he was (ugh)a CHEERLEADER. Sorry,I dont like male cheeerleaders at all. Does'nt work for me. The wave bothers those who want to watch the game and furture more--I'M NEVER BACKING DOWN ON THIS ONE. This is NOT a rip on Sox Fans,or any other legit Fans in this town.
LES

Nellie_Fox
06-12-2003, 12:34 AM
Les, this might be the first time I've agreed with you. I hate the wave. HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT. Watch the damn game instead of looking around to see when the wave is coming around again. "The wave rules." What an incredibly Southern California thing to say. Do you even think about the meaning of the words that become clichés? It "rules?"

Now, Les, do you agree that throwing back homerun balls is one of the stupidest "traditions" ever to come along? Throw anything else on the field and you get ejected.

34 Inch Stick
06-12-2003, 08:49 AM
Whenever I see the wave I think of that scene from "When Harry Met Sally" (I know chick flick, but it was funny), when Billy Crystal is at the Giants game with his friend. He is telling his the tale of his wife leaving him as the wave goes past their section several times. "Don't F with MR. 0".

The wave sucks. It would be like people from the 80's yelling "We've got spirit yes we do, we've got spirit how bout you." It is tired and shows a lack of sophistication.

Now if we invented it here and it was our signature cheer that would be another thing. Like "J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets", is lame but it is their thing and has history. If we just started Na, Na, Hey, Hey in the year 2000 I would think it was lame.

The wave is the equivalent of saying Hey during that Gary Glitter song. It's old, tired and done everywhere (except when Nancy plays it on the organ). If you have all that energy pent up, think up a new cheer and make it out own.

DrCrawdad
06-12-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
...Now, Les, do you agree that throwing back homerun balls is one of the stupidest "traditions" ever to come along? Throw anything else on the field and you get ejected.

What about so-called celebrity led Take Me Out To The Ballgame? BTW From my experience most Cub fans believe that Harry began this tradition at Wrigley.

What the fans that are so into the game that they're yelling, "Rightfield sucks!" and in response "Leftfield sucks!"?

Grobber33
06-12-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
What about so-called celebrity led Take Me Out To The Ballgame? BTW From my experience most Cub fans believe that Harry began this tradition at Wrigley.

What the fans that are so into the game that they're yelling, "Rightfield sucks!" and in response "Leftfield sucks!"?

Now, Les, do you agree that throwing back homerun balls is one of the stupidest "traditions" ever to come along? Throw anything else on the field and you get ejected.[/QUOTE]

OK, first,the Cub Fans I know who are in their mid 20-s and older who remember Harry having been with the Sox thru 1981 know darned well that his Take Me Out To The Ballgame began at Old Comiskey Park and that he simply brought it to Wrigley in 1982. Big Deal!! It was a HARRY thing,not a Sox thing then,nor is it really a Cub thing now. Guys,,,it's a HARRY CARAY deal. Young Fans who do not remember Harry announcing White Sox games,would therefore assume he started that stuff at Wrigley.When young kinds mention that to me,I correct them,and you guys could do the same.
As for throwing the ball back. I can understand why you all dont like it. That IS a Cub thing that has been copied in other Parks.I do not blame any of you for getting pissed when someone throws a ball back at Comiskey. Just like Cub Fans would be unhappy if they sang NA NA NA,HEY HEY,KISS EM GOODBYE at Wrigley. The Left Field Sucks,Right Field sucks deal is sometimes done during an inning,but usually right before an inning starts.It lasts about 10 seconds on average and there is no comparison with the Wave. Is it Sophomoric? Sure it is, but so it the OH LEE OH,MAGGLIO.which is a parody from The Wizard Of Oz when the Lion,Tin Man and Scar Crow with Toto were trying to rescue Dorthy and the Witches Henchmen were chanting OH WE LOATH,THE OLD ONE(in other words,the Witch!). So be careful on that one,because you dont want to be chanting that you 'Loath Maggs'. One last thing. If anyone thinks that if a Bonds,or in the past a McGuire homered at Wrigley and someone threw THAT ball back,guess again. Very often,they throw back a phantom ball and keep the real one. Home Run balls worth $$$ are never getting tossed back at Wrigley,or anywhere else. The toss back is thus done for effects. LES

joecrede
06-12-2003, 11:42 AM
The Left Field Sucks,Right Field sucks deal is sometimes done during an inning,but usually right before an inning starts.It lasts about 10 seconds on average and there is no comparison with the Wave. Is it Sophomoric? Sure it is, but so it the OH LEE OH,MAGGLIO.which is a parody from The Wizard Of Oz when the Lion,Tin Man and Scar Crow with Toto were trying to rescue Dorthy and the Witches Henchmen were chanting OH WE LOATH,THE OLD ONE(in other words,the Witch!). So be careful on that one,because you dont want to be chanting that you 'Loath Maggs'.

I dunno, have you watched Maggs this year? Loathing him probably ain't that far off. :smile:

Hangar18
06-12-2003, 11:48 AM
Now, Les, do you agree that throwing back homerun balls is one of the stupidest "traditions" ever to come along? Throw anything else on the field and you get ejected.

OK, first,the Cub Fans I know who are in their mid 20-s and older who remember Harry having been with the Sox thru 1981 know darned well that his Take Me Out To The Ballgame began at Old Comiskey Park and that he simply brought it to Wrigley in 1982. Big Deal!! It was a HARRY thing,not a Sox thing then,nor is it really a Cub thing now. Guys,,,it's a HARRY CARAY deal. Young Fans who do not remember Harry announcing White Sox [/QUOTE]

You can bet the SOX have a Long Check List of STUPID THINGS TO HURT OUR ORGANIZATION. one of those will be to let Nancy Faust go, a long-time Institution with the White Sox. AND you can bet the CUBS, will be in the Alley on 35th, fishing for handouts and scraps, will JUMP at the chance to hire her, and Suddenly....Without Warning, the CUbs will trot out advertisements and subtly acknowledge NANCY as being a Wrigly Icon for years and years, and CUb fans will start Chanting NanaNa Hey hey Goodbye and the Media will Hype that, next thing you know, Everyone will be saying Hey, THAT WAS A NANCY THING, Its a Cub "tradition" now. As you can see, some of the
"traditions" the cub and their foolish fans boast about arent really their traditions at all. Merely Borrowed to put it nicely.
Ive had it with explaining to people in other cities that the
7th Inning Singing was done at COMISKEY PARK 1st....NOT
at CLub Wrigley.

ChiSoxBobette
06-12-2003, 12:30 PM
No question,that last night,after Bonds crushed his 475 foot bomb,the Sox answered and came up with a great win,scarry as it was in the 9th. BUT....This is Chicago! It does'nt matter if you are a Sox,Cubs,Bulls,Bears,or Blackhawks Fan. CHICAGOANS DO NOT RESORT TO CALIFORNIA'S 'GIFT'(not) TO THE WORLD--THE WAVE!!!
It's been done a few times in the past at Comiskey and was done again last night. Many true legit Basbell Fans tried to Boo it down,and refused to take part,but it circled the lower bowl about 3 times. In CHICAGO(anywhere in Chicago)this is a disgrace!
Please!!! Let the wave stay in the land of Nuts and Flakes(Calif) where it belongs. Tell your Friends to ignore any future attempts to start the Wave in any venu in Chicago,Boo it down!!!! This is'nt a Sox vs Cubs thing, it's a Chicago vs the World thing guys!!!
All the best as always!
LES

I was at the Weds. night game and there seemed to be a lot of Calif. people at the game , so is'nt the wave a west coast geek thing to do? I asked a group of older people who were at the game wearing San Fran hats one of the guys in the group(who by the way was wearing an "In & Out Burger"leather jacket, by the way they do have pretty good burgers)said they were here for the US Open at Olympia Fields and they bought tickets earlier in the season to all 3 games because they're also San Fran fans(the guy did say Bonds is a great player , but he's a miserable person). The old guy did say he thought there were a lot of San Fran people out here for the US Open & a lot out here following the Giants on vacation. So Grobber that may be why all of the GEEKY WAVE Crap that went on. I'll check tonight I'm going to the game to see Colon. If they wave it will stop at my section!

Go White Sox!

DrCrawdad
06-12-2003, 12:35 PM
...The Left Field Sucks,Right Field sucks deal is sometimes done during an inning,but usually right before an inning starts.It lasts about 10 seconds on average and there is no comparison with the Wave. Is it Sophomoric? Sure it is, but so it the OH LEE OH,MAGGLIO.which is a parody from The Wizard Of Oz when the Lion,Tin Man and Scar Crow with Toto were trying to rescue Dorthy and the Witches Henchmen were chanting OH WE LOATH,THE OLD ONE(in other words,the Witch!). So be careful on that one,because you dont want to be chanting that you 'Loath Maggs'...

Comparing the Magglio chant to the lame "Xfield sucks" chant? Come on Les, you can do better than that.

The Magglio (and the Jose) chant is a tribute to NOTE: a player on the field!

The "XField sucks" has as much to do with the game of baseball as the wave. Surprised that you'd even bother to defend the "Xfield sucks". Of course, you've stood by Sammy The Cheat as well...

Les, what's that showing...your Cubbie Blue is peeking thru!

Your friend,
DrCrawdad.

:harry&jimmy
Harry, before the Cubune emasculated him.

Grobber33
06-12-2003, 04:26 PM
Comparing the Magglio chant to the lame "Xfield sucks" chant? Come on Les, you can do better than that.

The Magglio (and the Jose) chant is a tribute to NOTE: a player on the field!

The "XField sucks" has as much to do with the game of baseball as the wave. Surprised that you'd even bother to defend the "Xfield sucks". Of course, you've stood by Sammy The Cheat as well...

Les, what's that showing...your Cubbie Blue is peeking thru!

Your friend,
DrCrawdad.

:harry&jimmy
Harry, before the Cubune emasculated him.

Doc,,,you're reaching a bit here. Of course the Magglio chant is a tribute,but the guy who started playing it(the now long gone Joe Stephen of 'White Snake' fame)had no idea what the chant REALLY was in the Wizard Of Oz.I know,because I talked to him about that a few years ago. Also, I thought Left Field and Right Field WERE a baseball reference.Compairing it to the Wave is grasping for straws. I have never denied bleeding Cubbie Blue and have no apologies for that.Not even in 1997 when they were 0-14. BUT I guarentee you I'm as fair to the Sox as anyone in this town on the Air is. You know darned well Doc,that when the Cubs reek I'm the first to say so,and I do belive in 2000 I was one of the first to declare that the Sox would win the AL Central(early June)and that Cleveland had no chance. I'm certainly not always right.But we'll sse.
As always Doc, your Pal, LES

Hangar18
06-12-2003, 04:29 PM
I do appreciate Grobbs honesty. I value that, over a player
that Lies about the Equipment he Uses

34 Inch Stick
06-12-2003, 04:52 PM
Joe Stephen isn't long gone. He got a radio gig and calls himself Harry Teinewitz. Two fat, no talent, bust out comedians who somehow got into the sports biz.

DrCrawdad
06-12-2003, 05:55 PM
Doc,,,you're reaching a bit here. Of course the Magglio chant is a tribute,but the guy who started playing it(the now long gone Joe Stephen of 'White Snake' fame)had no idea what the chant REALLY was in the Wizard Of Oz.I know,because I talked to him about that a few years ago. Also, I thought Left Field and Right Field WERE a baseball reference.Compairing it to the Wave is grasping for straws. I have never denied bleeding Cubbie Blue and have no apologies for that.Not even in 1997 when they were 0-14. BUT I guarentee you I'm as fair to the Sox as anyone in this town on the Air is. You know darned well Doc,that when the Cubs reek I'm the first to say so,and I do belive in 2000 I was one of the first to declare that the Sox would win the AL Central(early June)and that Cleveland had no chance. I'm certainly not always right.But we'll sse.
As always Doc, your Pal, LES

Screaming that the other section of seats SUCKS is baseball related? Ok, whatever.

I know that the Magglio chant annoys Cub fans. I've heard them complain about it, but of course they complain about just about everything at The Cell.

IF Magglio were a Cub player and IF Cub fans chanted that we Sox fans would be hearing about how that chant proves that they're the best fans in baseball and a whole bag of feces.

Then again if that scenario were happening we'd probably complain about Cub fans chanting Magglio.

I like the Magglio and Jose chant. If it annoys Cub fans, all the better.

gosox41
06-12-2003, 05:58 PM
Screaming that the other section of seats SUCKS is baseball related? Ok, whatever.

I know that the Magglio chant annoys Cub fans. I've heard them complain about it, but of course they complain about just about everything at The Cell.

IF Magglio were a Cub player and IF Cub fans chanted that we Sox fans would be hearing about how that chant proves that they're the best fans in baseball and a whole bag of feces.

Then again if that scenario were happening we'd probably complain about Cub fans chanting Magglio.

I like the Magglio and Jose chant. If it annoys Cub fans, all the better.

I'm glad it annoys Cub fans. But they shouldn't complain because these are the same idiots who threw candy bars on the field when Henry Rodriguez would hit a home run. Now that's annoying.

Bob

Grobber33
06-12-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
I'm glad it annoys Cub fans. But they shouldn't complain because these are the same idiots who threw candy bars on the field when Henry Rodriguez would hit a home run. Now that's annoying.

Bob

If that's annoying,what would you have said about Yankee Fans who threw REGGIE BARS on the field when Reggie Jackson homered,and even future back when theye tossed BABY RUTH bars when you knoiw who went deep?

DrCrawdad
06-12-2003, 10:14 PM
If that's annoying,what would you have said about Yankee Fans who threw REGGIE BARS on the field when Reggie Jackson homered,and even future back when theye tossed BABY RUTH bars when you knoiw who went deep?

Bleacher fans have been known to litter the field with debris.

Reggie bars, Ruth bars or cork - nothing should ever be throw on the field.

If I were at the Sox game tonight I think I would tossed my lunch. New and amusing ways to lose games by the White Sox!

Les, remember I predicted Bonds would hit 3 HRs against the Sox?

Grobber33
06-12-2003, 10:22 PM
Bleacher fans have been known to litter the field with debris.

Reggie bars, Ruth bars or cork - nothing should ever be throw on the field.

If I were at the Sox game tonight I think I would tossed my lunch. New and amusing ways to lose games by the White Sox!

Les, remember I predicted Bonds would hit 3 HRs against the Sox?

I will confirm here,right now that DR.CRAWDAD did predict that Barry Bonds would go yard 3 times against the Sox in this series.