PDA

View Full Version : Hurt

hose
06-11-2003, 07:35 AM
Here is an article on Frank :

http://espn.go.com/mlb/columns/neyer_rob/1565966.html

Frank has been buried by the press and talk radio in this town some years ago, nice to see some good pub.

With Ray Durham and the Giants in town I've read some quotes of his manager and teammates.

Ray has been called a great defensive player, but was considered a liability by the Chicago media when he played for the Sox.

hold2dibber
06-11-2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by hose
Here is an article on Frank :

http://espn.go.com/mlb/columns/neyer_rob/1565966.html

Frank has been buried by the press and talk radio in this town some years ago, nice to see some good pub.

With Ray Durham and the Giants in town I've read some quotes of his manager and teammates.

Ray has been called a great defensive player, but was considered a liability by the Chicago media when he played for the Sox.

I wouldn't tag the media with that one. Durham was a defensive liability when he was with the Sox, and it wasn't just the media that said so.

hose
06-11-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
I wouldn't tag the media with that one. Durham was a defensive liability when he was with the Sox, and it wasn't just the media that said so.

Between base ball tonight, ESPN national radio, and today's Tribune ,Durham is an outstanding defensive player.

I'm not arguing either way just pointing out how Durham is perceived presently

Randar68
06-11-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by hose
Between base ball tonight, ESPN national radio, and today's Tribune ,Durham is an outstanding defensive player.

I'm not arguing either way just pointing out how Durham is perceived presently

After being at last night's game, it is still patently obvious that Ray cannot go to his right effectively. He still is great on balls in the air down the line and over his head...

jeremyb1
06-11-2003, 02:45 PM
great article by neyer. he's really oustsanding.

fquaye149
06-11-2003, 02:52 PM
i love this rob neyer character. he picked us to finish first this year too...and i believe he still could be right.

hose
06-11-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
After being at last night's game, it is still patently obvious that Ray cannot go to his right effectively. He still is great on balls in the air down the line and over his head...

Ray wanted to come back as a free agent this year but KW couldn't get past the Pettis snitching episode.

Jiminez playing SS and Ray at second would have been good for 3-5 years.