PDA

View Full Version : Canseco Clayton and Valentin clear waivers

danman31
08-21-2001, 12:31 AM
BBTN flashed a graphic on the screen of notable names that cleared waivers. I don't know how Clayton is notable, but hopefully some idiot owner will pick him up. I know its not likely, but I can dream can't I?

Tragg
08-21-2001, 12:32 AM
I'm dreamin right there with you.

doublem23
08-21-2001, 12:42 AM
I think we're all dreaming.

Jerry_Manuel
08-21-2001, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
I think we're all dreaming.

We want Clayton gone not Valentin.
Just thought I would throw that out there.

doublem23
08-21-2001, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
We want Clayton gone not Valentin.
Just thought I would throw that out there.

True. I want Clayton gone.

Jerry_Manuel
08-21-2001, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
True. I want Clayton gone.

I know of a certain Sox fan here who wants the General out of town.

doublem23
08-21-2001, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
I know of a certain Sox fan here who wants the General out of town.

I know of more than 1.

It feels good to be back, spending my time here. I don't know what I'm going to do when school starts on freakin Friday.

Dadawg_77
08-21-2001, 01:03 AM
I just wish I could hear this....

Royce Clayton you are the weakest link good bye.

Well at least I dream about reading CNN/SI and seeing the Sox traded Clayton to the Cubs for some young stud pitcher they have.

Soxboyrob
08-21-2001, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
I just wish I could hear this....

Royce Clayton you are the weakest link good bye.

Well at least I dream about reading CNN/SI and seeing the Sox traded Clayton to the Cubs for some young stud pitcher they have.

This is all quite funny considering that Clayton appears to be the only player on this team remotely capable of catching the freakin' ball! This team is going absolutely NOWHERE until we have consistent defensive strength up the middle(C, SS, 2B and CF). At the very least, Clayton is a stopgap until we get something better. Our defense is so godawful pathetic right now that I think I'd keep Clayton if he were currently hitting .050. It's quite sad, actually.

Tragg
08-21-2001, 08:34 PM
Clayton can catch - so can lee, rowand, herb and maggs. Not a damn one of them has a lick of range, however (I shouldn't say that about rowand - don't really know; maggs is okay for a right fielder).