PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please SHOOT Rowand?

Randar68
06-10-2003, 11:55 PM
ANd we called him up because he was hitting .240 at AAA and they thought he'd be better defensively than Borchard???

I was at the game sitting in right center. He took 2 huge step in on the ball in the 9th before freezing, only to watch it sail and bounce just SHORT of the warning track!!!! Are you kidding????

Great job Aaron.

Where are the FOC? This is getting stupid.

hold2dibber
06-11-2003, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Randar68
ANd we called him up because he was hitting .240 at AAA and they thought he'd be better defensively than Borchard???

I was at the game sitting in right center. He took 2 huge step in on the ball in the 9th before freezing, only to watch it sail and bounce just SHORT of the warning track!!!! Are you kidding????

Great job Aaron.

Where are the FOC? This is getting stupid.

If the Sox don't see yet that Aaron Rowand is not the answer in CF, then there is something terribly wrong.

Iguana775
06-11-2003, 07:58 AM
I'd rather have JB out there. At least he has potential.

Hangar18
06-11-2003, 08:38 AM
I feel bad for the guy, you could tell he was pissed that
he didnt get a better jump on the ball.

Viva Magglio
06-11-2003, 09:21 AM
Late last night, Rowand went on the Score with J. Hood. I was half asleep when he was on, but I thought I heard Aaron say that he got a bad jump on the ball.

Randar68
06-11-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I feel bad for the guy, you could tell he was pissed that
he didnt get a better jump on the ball.

Awwww, how sad. This isn't the first time it's happenned, I don't know why you should feel bad for him. He isn't a major league ballplayer.

Randar68
06-11-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Late last night, Rowand went on the Score with J. Hood. I was half asleep when he was on, but I thought I heard Aaron say that he got a bad jump on the ball.

no ****. Maybe he should tell us that the sky is blue.

CHISOXFAN13
06-11-2003, 10:12 AM
I;ve got news for everyone. If he gets a favorable jump, he still doesn't catch that ball.

Randar68
06-11-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
I;ve got news for everyone. If he gets a favorable jump, he still doesn't catch that ball.

wrong. That ball sailed and I don't think it even hit the warning track on the fly.

I was sitting right in front of the play in Right field. That ball was very catchable. It was almost over his head by the time he started back.

MRKARNO
06-11-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

He said that he played it how he thought it would be hit and that he didnt think it would go that far. He did say that he got a bad jump and all he could think was oh f crap.

A.T. Money
06-11-2003, 10:29 AM
Rowand screwed up. But I think he'd normally catch it. Either way, it's a good thing our offense showed up, because last week we would have lost the game.

MHOUSE
06-11-2003, 10:34 AM
I like Aaron and he's the best CF on this team right now. You can argue that Borchard is the better option, but I guess they don't think so. Hopefully they're not dumb enough to think rotating Rowand, Harris, Rios, sometimes Maggs, and Borchard in CF is how championships are made. If they do then they're incredibly stupid. CF is one of the first things I would address this offseason. At least he knew he messed up and said it. A lot of players would've said they lost it in the lights or something stupid.

soxrme
06-11-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13

He should have had that ball. First of all, in the late innings he should be a little deeper than usual. That ball bounced before the warning track. He broke in instead of back. DJ tried to make an excuse for him also. He just blew it, but, he is better than that.

Randar68
06-11-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by soxrme
He should have had that ball. First of all, in the late innings he should be a little deeper than usual. That ball bounced before the warning track. He broke in instead of back.

Fundamentals. Your first step should always be back. Rowand took 2 giant running steps straight in and froze like a deer in the headlights before turning back.

DJ tried to make an excuse for him also. He just blew it, but, he is better than that.

Here's the problem: No, he isn't better than that.

Dan H
06-11-2003, 11:23 AM
Also on fundamentals. You play deep in the ninth if you have a lead. You don't care if a ball drops in front of you. No outfielder should want a ball to get over his head in the late innings especially with a runner already on base. And this was no singles hitter up there. Play a little deeper, maybe Rowand gets that ball. This isn't exactly a mystery.

Also I would have left Marte in there. I bet if he stays, the tying run never gets on base. Do this team want to lose? I thought Williams was going to blow a gasket.

Randar68
06-11-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Dan H
I thought Williams was going to blow a gasket.

Did they show Kenny on TV?

soxrme
06-11-2003, 11:27 AM
Yes and he was not a happy camper, kind of like me when Koch was didling around in the 9th :smile: :smile:

Randar68
06-11-2003, 11:27 AM
Yes and he was not a happy camper, kind of like me when Koch was didling around in the 9th :smile: :smile:

Maybe he was pissed at himself for trading for Koch and calling up Rowand.. LOL!

Hangar18
06-11-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Randar68
Did they show Kenny on TV?

Man, forgot about that. They showed him on the replays after
the game, he was sitting right behind the sox dugout,
1st row. they had Sox security with him, but you could see
an angry look on his face, and muttering things when they got
some of those hits. I Didnt know he was there, or how long.
think only for the 9th. Was nice to see a little Emotion
from him. weird that the media didnt talk about that.

ScottyTheSoxFan
06-11-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Man, forgot about that. They showed him on the replays after
the game, he was sitting right behind the sox dugout,
1st row. they had Sox security with him, but you could see
an angry look on his face, and muttering things when they got
some of those hits. I Didnt know he was there, or how long.
think only for the 9th. Was nice to see a little Emotion
from him. weird that the media didnt talk about that.

yeah he was looking pissed. his face was sweaty too, he was not happy

harwar
06-11-2003, 12:43 PM
I agree Rowand should have had that ball but i've seen great players do the same thing.His positioning was all wrong,like stated earlier.Why was he playing so shallow?If we continue to win and get back into this thing,then KW just has to make a trade for REAL center fielder.

As for Koch.When JM brought him in,i went outside on the deck and left instructions that if he blew it,wait till its over,then let me know.I just can't watch that guy blow any more games for us.That guy looks just auwful.How did he get over 30 saves the last 3 years(44 last year).It looks like they are trying to jump-start the guy but it could be a BIG problem if the Sox happen to stay on a roll.

Foulke You
06-11-2003, 01:31 PM
Yeah, I was sitting in LF last night and had a clear shot of that Rowand ball. He should have had it. He charged in immediately after the ball hit the bat and by that time the ball was hit so hard that there was no way he was going to catch it. It should've been made but oh well, we won the game. It's always amusing that when JM makes a late inning "defensive" replacement, that player often times makes the error or miscue.

Koch was scary last night. He just has to get up there and throw bullets because that is his best and only pitch. He hasn't had good command of the slider all year and that was the pitch he was getting behind the hitters with it seemed. Just locate your fastball Billy and you'll be ok. That being said, I hate when JM makes does his micromanage routine. Marte should have stayed in the game and I could have been spared the mild coronary I had in the 9th. I also agree with SoxDemon, if this was last week there is no doubt we would have lost the game. Keep the wins coming guys, don't stop now.