PDA

View Full Version : Todd Ritchie's season over

MHOUSE
06-11-2003, 12:34 AM
Todd Ritchie will have season-ending surgery on his right rotator cuff. He's had a few setbacks since going on the DL a while ago and this will be his second shoulder surgery in a year. He won't pitch for the Brewers again since he only had a one-year deal. He was 1-2 with a 5.08 ERA this season.

Although I didn't like him last year, it's a shame that he had some success with Pittsburgh and then has been 6-17 with us and Milwaukee since then. Looks like he's on his way out as a "veteran starter". He'll look to latch onto someone next year.

Brewers only lose about $1M. They signed him to a smart, cheap contract. Good going. Maybe he'll ressurect his career with the Devil Rays.

Link (http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mil/news/mil_news.jsp?ymd=20030610&content_id=367033&vkey=news_mil&fext=.jsp&c_id=mil)

spanishwhite
06-11-2003, 12:51 AM
[i]

Brewers only lose about $1M. They signed him to a smart, cheap contract. Good going. Maybe he'll ressurect his career with the Devil Rays.

[/B]

I dont want to ruin the suprise, but KW has been talking about another saavy Loaiza-type signing

MisterB
06-11-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Todd Ritchie will have season-ending surgery on his right rotator cuff.

:nardi
"My legacy lives on."

MHOUSE
06-11-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by spanishwhite
I dont want to ruin the suprise, but KW has been talking about another saavy Loaiza-type signing

:KW
KW: "It's great to sign another veteran starter to bolster our staff. As our ace, Todd Ritchie will allow us to move Loaiza and Colon to #2-3 where they can bask in the awe of Ritchie's greatness. Wait, he's out for season? He can only throw 85 mph? Gosh dangit, who approved this trade? Oh well I guess we'll stick Rick White in the rotation and see how it goes."

chisoxt
06-11-2003, 08:36 PM
Todd Ritchie will have season-ending surgery on his right rotator cuff.

I think that Todd Ritchie was pitching hurt most of last year which explained his awful performance after June 1. Remember, he was pitching decently up until that time. And, up until the off-season, KW always talked about bringing him back this year, then he abruptly changed his mind.

MHOUSE
06-12-2003, 03:15 AM
I remember him being like 5-5 early on with a decent ERA and lots of strikeouts. He had a lot of "hard-luck" losses IIRC. Then he started getting shelled and lost like 10 straight and went on the DL, then came back w/out surgery to pitch 3 scoreless relief outings. I think that was an instance of KW sending him out to try and make his bone-headed traded turn into something. Nice try moron!