PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore Cork

ilsox7
06-10-2003, 09:25 PM
So some guy just ran on the field in Baltimore and started throwing cork at a certain Cub right fielder...Chimp went on a little tangent about his neanderthal IQ.

A.T. Money
06-10-2003, 09:35 PM
COOL!!!

voodoochile
06-10-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by ilsox7
So some guy just ran on the field in Baltimore and started throwing cork at a certain Cub right fielder...Chimp went on a little tangent about his neanderthal IQ.

Welcome Aboard! :D:

Wish the guy had stayed in the stands, but I admire his sentiment...

ilsox7
06-10-2003, 09:46 PM
Yea we don't need people running on the field. But part of me would like to shake the guys hand and buy him a beer...even the Baltimore security was laughing.

Konerkoholic
06-10-2003, 09:51 PM
I love it. First of all, because everyone hates Sammy, but mostly because the more incidents that occur at other stadiums, the more unruly behavior by fans becomes an MLB problem and not a White Sox problem, no matter what Peter Gammons wants to think.

Vsahajpal
06-10-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Konerkoholic
I love it. First of all, because everyone hates Sammy, but mostly because the more incidents that occur at other stadiums, the more unruly behavior by fans becomes an MLB problem and not a White Sox problem, no matter what Peter Gammons wants to think.

Actually, he got a standing O as he went out to RF in the first.

The guy who ran onto the field got on his knees and started giving Sosa the ole Andre Dawson salute, before rolling cork at Sosa.

Konerkoholic
06-10-2003, 10:02 PM
That's horrible that he got a standing O. I'm rooting against the Orioles every game from now on.

fquaye149
06-10-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by ilsox7

this is the greatest thing ever done by humans. i'm serious f@#$ the wheel.

jortafan
06-10-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Konerkoholic

Knowing our luck, people will think it's a White Sox fan traveling to Baltimore for the game.

HawkDJ
06-10-2003, 11:14 PM
Also Sosa did another hop on a non-home run. It was off the wall for a double so it wasn't as bad as his hopping on fly balls not even to the warning track. Still, you would think if he's going to do his stupid hop it would be on ones he was sure would be home runs.

Viva Magglio
06-10-2003, 11:27 PM
They sent Jeff Blanzy to Baltimore to cover Showboat Sammy. Can you say "overblown"?

LuvSox
06-10-2003, 11:39 PM
I know a certain bartender who mailed fifty wine bottle corks to Wrigley c/o Sosa. Too funny! :D:

DrCrawdad
06-11-2003, 12:56 AM
I really don't understand giving a standing ovation to a cheat. I guess Chip was on to something about the Baltimore fan IQ.

What does it tell you about Wrigley fans when one day they're booing Sammy then after he gets caught cheating they give him an ovation?

I didn't see what happened tonight at the O's vs. Cubs game. Glad that nothing serious happened. But after all that has happened running on the field, even if it's intent is playful, is stupid.

Throw the book at the moron.

T Dog
06-11-2003, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
I really don't understand giving a standing ovation to a cheat. I guess Chip was on to something about the Baltimore fan IQ.

What does it tell you about Wrigley fans when one day they're booing Sammy then after he gets caught cheating they give him an ovation?

I didn't see what happened tonight at the O's vs. Cubs game. Glad that nothing serious happened. But after all that has happened running on the field, even if it's intent is playful, is stupid.

I think this can be attributed to the fact that Sosa has never played in Baltimore. He is a legend. Well, he did play in Baltimore, but that was when he was with the Sox, which he later said was like "being in prison." If the Sox had loosened up and let him take the cheater's route to body building and power hitting, Cub fans would be comparing him to Satan.

DrCrawdad
06-11-2003, 05:49 AM
http://ak-sports.espn.go.com/f/1917/8668/6H/espn.go.com/media/mlb/2003/0610/photo/a_sosa_vt.jpg

CLR01
06-11-2003, 07:36 AM

Thank you. Too bad it took 13 post for someone to say it.

34 Inch Stick
06-11-2003, 09:00 AM
I'm with you on that. Yell at him from your seat. Hold your cork up as he comes out. No going onto the field and absolutely no throwing objects. Give him some time in the pen (not bullpen).

irish rover
06-11-2003, 09:17 AM
according to "The Dude"(Tusty Baker) they were throwing corks at sosa at wrigley. Of course the spin doctors in the tower say it was a yankee fan(no proof) just like they blamed a sox fan for the dead ivy

I find that is hard to believe because everyone that goes to the shrine is a coob fan. Thye sure like to blame everyone else for things that go wrong and not look at themselves in the mirror ( case in point, sammy is now the victim, the ticket broker.)

fquaye149
06-11-2003, 04:04 PM

i agree. sammy should be punished to the fullest extent of the law for beating his wife.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-11-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by irish rover
according to "The Dude"(Tusty Baker) they were throwing corks at sosa at wrigley. Of course the spin doctors in the tower say it was a yankee fan(no proof) just like they blamed a sox fan for the dead ivy

I find that is hard to believe because everyone that goes to the shrine is a coob fan. Thye sure like to blame everyone else for things that go wrong and not look at themselves in the mirror ( case in point, sammy is now the victim, the ticket broker.)

Great point, Rover. This is an excellent example of how the Cubune's baseball front office flunkies spin their P.R. magic. In the make-believe world they've created, fans of the Lovable Losers always wear the white hats. Anything that runs counter to the Disney-like atmosphere inside the Urinal is strictly attributed to fans of somebody else's team. They blame Sox fans, Cardinals fans, and now Yankees fans, too.

Meanwhile, they train their cameras on whatever reinforces the "white hat" image for the pee-soaked Flubbie fans. Could WGN have done anymore close-ups of that prepubescent kid holding the sign "Still Making Love to Sammy!"?

I admire them, in a perverted sort of way. I wish the Sox P.R. department had as much on the ball.

:gallas
"What the hell do you want from me? At least once a year my boss goes public blaming everything on our own paying customers!"