PDA

View Full Version : All Star Selections

RKMeibalane
06-10-2003, 06:49 PM
At last report (Sunday), Frank Thomas and Sandy Alomar Jr. each ranked fourth in fan voting at their respective positions. It is unlikely that either will be voted in by the fans. My question to the rest of you is, which White Sox are deserving of playing in this year's All Star Game.

At this point, I think Esteban Loaiza is a lock to make the team. The Sox must have at least one representative, and he has been the most consistent player on the roster this season.

Others who desrerve consideration are Frank Thomas and Bartolo Colon.

With Jason Giambi struggling, and this game being played in an AL park, it stands to reason that Frank could make his return to the Midsummer Classic, in front of his hometown fans, especially if he continues to hit as well as he has over the past few days.

Colon's numbers aren't great, but he has pitched extremely well of late. He has five complete games, in an era where no one seems to pitch more than six or seven innings at the most.

sox_fan_forever
06-10-2003, 06:56 PM
Loaiza will definitely make it. Colon is a possibility. I think Frank should make it, but I wouldn't expect that to happen.

Fridaythe13thJason
06-10-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by sox_fan_forever
Loaiza will definitely make it. Colon is a possibility. I think Frank should make it, but I wouldn't expect that to happen.

It'll be interesting to see if Magglio has become one of those players who just makes the team every year regardless of the baseball they are playing.

Spiff
06-10-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by SoCalUIC
It'll be interesting to see if Magglio has become one of those players who just makes the team every year regardless of the baseball they are playing.

nope. he didn't make it last when he should have, he won't make it this year.

konerkopeachy
06-10-2003, 07:42 PM
Who's gonna start the game? Esty's numbers have been better than Mulder, having considerably bad luck on the A's roadtrip. Moyer may have more wins, but E-lo's still leading currently in ERA.

Daver
06-10-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by konerkopeachy
Who's gonna start the game? Esty's numbers have been better than Mulder, having considerably bad luck on the A's roadtrip. Moyer may have more wins, but E-lo's still leading currently in ERA.

Roger Clemens.

fquaye149
06-10-2003, 08:47 PM
roger clemens will probably start...but if it came down to best pitcher in the a.l. (which it won't) it would be something like esteban, moyer, runnelvys...

since none of them are high profile players, i think the nod would go to the hometown loaiza

of course this is a very hypothetical situation

jeremyb1
06-11-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by fquaye149
roger clemens will probably start...but if it came down to best pitcher in the a.l. (which it won't) it would be something like esteban, moyer, runnelvys...

since none of them are high profile players, i think the nod would go to the hometown loaiza

of course this is a very hypothetical situation

d'angelo. unfortunately boone is having a really good season but if they can take three second basemen, dj has an .843 ops which is 3rd in the al and sixth in the majors amongst second basemen.

frank certainly deserves to make the team but since he won't get voted in and his numbers aren't eye popping unless you examine them more closely i don't think he'll make it. it does depend on on how well he hits between now and when the reserves are picked though. if his bat stays hot his stats may look pretty nice.