PDA

View Full Version : Why do people like Aaron Miles so much?

Dadawg_77
06-10-2003, 05:04 PM
Looking at this guy preformance it seems like he will be eaten up by major league pitching. Low walk and high K rate don't add up high sucess in the majors. Is there somthing else that makes this guy a stud?

Daver
06-10-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Looking at this guy preformance it seems like he will be eaten up by major league pitching. Low walk and high K rate don't add up high sucess in the majors. Is there somthing else that makes this guy a stud?

Back up QB Syndrome is all I can think of.

:)

Foulke You
06-10-2003, 05:20 PM
I think it is because he had a very good Spring Training with the team and he seemed to be a hard nosed scrappy David Eckstein type of player. Your guess is as good as mine on whether he'd be good against MLB pitching but the above is why Sox fans seem to like him. Barring any injuries to D'angelo this year, I don't think we'll be seeing Miles.

hold2dibber
06-10-2003, 05:25 PM

I am far from convinced that Miles will ever be a productive major league hitter, but he hit very well at AA last year, is hitting awfully well at AAA this year (albeit in a hitter's park), and hit awfully well in spring training this year. He doesn't walk at all, but his K rate is actually pretty good this year - only 24 Ks in 218 ABs. I'm sure he wouldn't be the first player to have success at the MLB level despite not walking much in the minors, but I do think its unlikely he'll ever be much more than okay at the MLB level.

But then again, what the hell do I know? :smile: *

*Copyright Daver

kermittheefrog
06-10-2003, 07:33 PM

Sweet question, I've been wondering about this myself.

Saracen
06-10-2003, 09:48 PM
Because he's supposed to be a scrappy, hard-nosed type and that would be a welcome switch from this group of primarily heartless players.

Daver
06-10-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Saracen
Because he's supposed to be a scrappy, hard-nosed type and that would be a welcome switch from this group of primarily heartless players.

I have tape on him,he would get eaten alive by MLB pitching,and his defense is actually worse than Jiminez's.

ScottyTheSoxFan
06-11-2003, 12:01 AM
he is a spark plug. the fans like him because he plays with heart. that will not get him real far though, in my opinion.