PDA

View Full Version : Per George Ofman...

Viva Magglio
06-10-2003, 04:03 PM
...it is speculated that Sosa's suspension has been reduced to six games starting tonight.

Randar68
06-10-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
...it is speculated that Sosa's suspension has been reduced to six games starting tonight.

As usual, he is full of baloney. Pure speculation.

WinningUgly!
06-10-2003, 04:05 PM

What horsecrap! :angry:

Hangar18
06-10-2003, 05:47 PM

Are you F****ng Kidding Me? This guy gets Busted Right on
TV using the bat. Admits later that it was his bat. TV shows
that it was HIM using the bat (and not some imposter with a
21 on his jersey) and says he'll take the Punishment.
THEN PROMPTLY APPEALS THE DECISION ??? What a Bunch
of BullS***. This League Better not let this happen. I cant
believe the Cub fans that still give him a Standing O. (not to mention some chump rookie, first ML at bat, flies out, he got a
Standing O too hahaha. So glad im not a cub fan)
He isnt a hero. Yet, MLB and their Puppet Commissioner are
going to let him dictate WHEN he serves his Sentence and by
how MANY games too? WHAT BULL. Thats like me Stealing a
Lexus, I get caught/arrested. I tell the Cops hey sorry, I didnt know it belonged to someone else. Then Appealing the sentence
because I dont feel like serving my jail time just yet. Im too busy

Hangar18
06-10-2003, 05:48 PM
I have No Respect for Sammy. Used to have a little bit.
But Not after this.

jeremyb1
06-10-2003, 06:03 PM
i guess i don't know for a fact the commissioners office hasn't done this but, if they do in fact have all sosa's bats they should be able to review game footage from at least the week leading up to the cork incident and identify that sammy used non-corked bats if that is in fact the case correct? the corked bat he did use has a huge "c" on the top of the bat so if he previously used that bat in a game, that should be identifiable also.

why hasn't this been done? you'd think that at least espn or someone would do it? i'm pretty confident if someone did examine the footage they'd find him using that same corked bat in previous plate apperances.

MetalliSox
06-10-2003, 06:04 PM
Anybody have the guts to go to one of the games at the Cell, and sometime when Sosa is in the field, toss a bunch of cork from wine bottle on the field near him?
You'd probably get booted, but you'd have my respect.

Viva Magglio
06-10-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by KonerkosHip
Anybody have the guts to go to one of the games at the Cell, and sometime when Sosa is in the field, toss a bunch of cork from wine bottle on the field near him?
You'd probably get booted, but you'd have my respect.

No, that is not a respectful thing to do. Not only would someone doing that get booted out of the park, they could also be arrested and spend the night being Bubba's playmate.

It's okay to "protest" Showboat Sammy, but don't break the law doing it.