PDA

View Full Version : Baldwin with Twins AAA

fhqwhgads
06-10-2003, 12:07 PM
From the Minneapolis Star-Tribune:

The Twins signed righthanded pitcher James Baldwin, who has pitched for three major league teams, and assigned him to Rochester.

Baldwin, 31, was the winning pitcher in the 2000 All-Star Game while with the White Sox. He was 3-2 with a 4.08 ERA for Kansas City's AAA team in Omaha but asked for his release before June 1 in hopes of catching on with a contending major-league team.

---

Should be interesting, I always liked Baldwin...

GO TWINS!

Iwritecode
06-10-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads
He was 3-2 with a 4.08 ERA for Kansas City's AAA team in Omaha but asked for his release before June 1 in hopes of catching on with a contending major-league team.

A contending major-league team huh? Hmm, too bad he ended up with the Twins instead...

JK :D:

It's hard to believe how much he has fallen since leaving the Sox. He was always pretty good in domes though...

Foulke You
06-10-2003, 12:21 PM
His fastball was never the same after his shoulder surgery. Injuries took their toll on his career. I always liked JB's upbeat attitude in the clubhouse. He kept everyone loose.

hold2dibber
06-10-2003, 12:23 PM
From the Minneapolis Star-Tribune:

The Twins signed righthanded pitcher James Baldwin, who has pitched for three major league teams, and assigned him to Rochester.

Baldwin, 31, was the winning pitcher in the 2000 All-Star Game while with the White Sox. He was 3-2 with a 4.08 ERA for Kansas City's AAA team in Omaha but asked for his release before June 1 in hopes of catching on with a contending major-league team.

---

Should be interesting, I always liked Baldwin...

GO TWINS!

The second place Royals aren't a contending team?

I wonder what his chances are of getting a call up from the Twins. Seems that Santana is their "sixth starter" when the need arises. Any reason to think that they'll need Baldwin this year?

fhqwhgads
06-10-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Any reason to think that they'll need Baldwin this year?

Well, with the Twins' injury bug, and Mays/Radke not doing so hot, it's nice to have yet another former All-Star as an option. I'm going to have to look up Baldwin's indoor numbers. I remember him as a pretty good Dome/turf pitcher.

GO TWINS!

ScottyTheSoxFan
06-10-2003, 01:10 PM
Well, with the Twins' injury bug, and Mays/Radke not doing so hot, it's nice to have yet another former All-Star as an option. I'm going to have to look up Baldwin's indoor numbers. I remember him as a pretty good Dome/turf pitcher.

GO TWINS!

yeah he was great in domes

Foulke You
06-10-2003, 01:38 PM

GO TWINS!

I seem to remember Baldwin only having 1 loss in a dome during his career. Something like 15-1 in domes. I never could figure out exactly what made JB pitch better in a dome though. Maybe the wind effected his pitches? :D:

MHOUSE
06-10-2003, 02:10 PM
I always liked JB. I hope he gets back to the majors and does well.

WinningUgly!
06-10-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
yeah he was great in domes

Key word...was.

Twins8791
06-10-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
I wonder what his chances are of getting a call up from the Twins. Seems that Santana is their "sixth starter" when the need arises. Any reason to think that they'll need Baldwin this year?
The Twins like to have Santana in the bullpen, and when he starts the pen is short. Unless Santana can work his way up to doing 7 innings AND they can replace his spot in the pen, they would find another starter and when everyone is healthy again speculation has it that Reed is the odd man out.