PDA

View Full Version : Latest Moron Article

Iwritecode
06-10-2003, 12:00 PM
Of all the sammy apologists in the media you'd figure he'd be the first in line. Not so...

Read all about it (http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay10.html)

Even Greg Couch gets his shots in.

I like this quote the best:

"Respect and love mean the world to him. They mean so much that, taking him at his word, he had a corked bat in his collection so that he could make the fans happy during batting practice.

In other words, he wasn't taking the time to actually practice his batting before games, but instead to thrill and be loved."

Couch article. (http://www.suntimes.com/output/couch/cst-spt-greg10.html)

BTW Cheeses, according to this article, Shammy's appeal begins tonight. So his suspension should begin in the next few games. Looks like you'll be owing me a drink at the game... :D:

dickallen15
06-10-2003, 12:18 PM
What I don't understand about steriod-heads explanation is this. If he didn't know he was using his corked bat, how can he be so sure he never used it before in a game. And how was he always able to break it out for batting practice, since he couldn't tell the difference. Sammy Sosa = dumbass,wifebeating,steriod using liar.

cheeses_h_rice
06-10-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Of all the sammy apologists in the media you'd figure he'd be the first in line. Not so...

Read all about it (http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay10.html)

Even Greg Couch gets his shots in.

I like this quote the best:

"Respect and love mean the world to him. They mean so much that, taking him at his word, he had a corked bat in his collection so that he could make the fans happy during batting practice.

In other words, he wasn't taking the time to actually practice his batting before games, but instead to thrill and be loved."

Couch article. (http://www.suntimes.com/output/couch/cst-spt-greg10.html)

BTW Cheeses, according to this article, Shammy's appeal begins tonight. So his suspension should begin in the next few games. Looks like you'll be owing me a drink at the game... :D:

IWC, I think you're right, much to my surprise. Let the chants of "COR-KY! COR-KY! COR-KY!" begin in earnest at the Cell on June 27! Depending on where you're sitting, we may have to arrange to meet somewhere, as the Seat Nazis will be out in full force on the 28th.

And, hey, gotta give madd props to the Moron for staying "on point" about this issue. It's AMAZING how quickly this story has died down, especially after that magical Yankees series. The biggest, most famous hitter ever to be caught cheating, and it's apparently no big deal. Pretty sick how MLB closed ranks in protecting on of their franchise players.

Vsahajpal
06-10-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
IWC, I think you're right, much to my surprise. Let the chants of "COR-KY! COR-KY! COR-KY!" begin in earnest at the Cell on June 27! Depending on where you're sitting, we may have to arrange to meet somewhere, as the Seat Nazis will be out in full force on the 28th.

And, hey, gotta give madd props to the Moron for staying "on point" about this issue. It's AMAZING how quickly this story has died down, especially after that magical Yankees series. The biggest, most famous hitter ever to be caught cheating, and it's apparently no big deal. Pretty sick how MLB closed ranks in protecting on of their franchise players.

No kidding, where the hell is Bob Ley with another OTL special? And when will ESPN Classic be airing Say it Ain't Sosa?

Iwritecode
06-10-2003, 01:29 PM

All I remember right now is that we are in the upper tank. I got the tickets at home so I'll check the numbers for sure later.

JustJim35
06-10-2003, 01:44 PM
All I remember right now is that we are in the upper tank. I got the tickets at home so I'll check the numbers for sure later.

Me too. Maybe I can meet you for a beer at the game. Which games are you going to?

Iwritecode
06-10-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by JustJim35
Me too. Maybe I can meet you for a beer at the game. Which games are you going to?

We'll be at the saturday game. IIRC, we'll be on the first-base side. I just can't remember which section. 514, 512, something like that...

cheeses_h_rice
06-10-2003, 02:35 PM
We'll be at the saturday game. IIRC, we'll be on the first-base side. I just can't remember which section. 514, 512, something like that...

I believe I'm in the UD as well, which will make it a lot easier to hook up.

Hey, is JustJim35 VC under his "old" Trollboard name, or is that someone else?

voodoochile
06-10-2003, 04:14 PM

Yes, that's me. When I'm not on the home computer, I sign on with that name, so I don't accidentily leave my moderator powers open to the general public when/if I forget to logout after I am done.

voodoochile
06-10-2003, 04:17 PM

I'm in 535 on Saturday. I'll be in 530 and 528 the other two games. We should take this to e-mail or PM when it comes time to set up a meeting place.

cheeses_h_rice
06-10-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I'm in 535 on Saturday. I'll be in 530 and 528 the other two games. We should take this to e-mail or PM when it comes time to set up a meeting place.

IWC, VC and CHR in da hizzouse on Saturday, for sure.

FarWestChicago
06-11-2003, 01:36 AM
Yes, that's me. When I'm not on the home computer, I sign on with that name, so I don't accidentily leave my moderator powers open to the general public when/if I forget to logout after I am done. I thought I was having a Trollboard flashback. :o:

Iwritecode
06-12-2003, 12:16 AM

I sent you a PM Voodoo. Cheeses, I can't get through to you by PM or email. You got an email address I can use?