PDA

View Full Version : A New Sammy Salute

34 Inch Stick
06-10-2003, 09:25 AM
Check out page 116 of the Sun Times. The paper thought it would be showing a warm, fuzzy moment as Sammy runs to the outfield with his adoring fans giving him a standing ovation.

BUT!!

Look closely at the picture. In the middle of the crowd is a Yankee fan flipping a double bird at the great one. It's great that this was not caught (or was it) by the Sun Times picture editor.

DrCrawdad
06-10-2003, 10:05 AM
Is that today's Sun-Times? If not, what day?

thecell
06-10-2003, 10:19 AM
They had to know what was in the picture. The two Yankees fans are not hard to miss. It is hilarious though!

Kilroy
06-10-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Is that today's Sun-Times? If not, what day?

It's today. I saw it this, and it's hysterical...

ScottyTheSoxFan
06-10-2003, 10:29 AM
is there a pic online someone can direct us too?

Iwritecode
06-10-2003, 10:30 AM
Anyone got a scanner or a digital camera so they can post the picture here for all to see?

Kilroy
06-10-2003, 10:39 AM
I think they used that picture on purpose. Given the content of the article that it accompanies. Its says something about how Shammy is gonna have to get used to hearing it from fans who don't buy his lame ass story.

voodoochile
06-10-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
I think they used that picture on purpose. Given the content of the article that it accompanies. Its says something about how Shammy is gonna have to get used to hearing it from fans who don't buy his lame ass story.

I doubt it unless the "salutes" were digitized out. They might as well put the words themselves in print. Maybe they are expanding the boundaries of things that are now acceptable in print.

Dadawg_77
06-10-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I doubt it unless the "salutes" were digitized out. They might as well put the words themselves in print. Maybe they are expanding the boundaries of things that are now acceptable in print.

Hey its the Sun Times so probally anything.

DrCrawdad
06-10-2003, 01:37 PM
I just saw the Sun-Times photo. That is hilarious!

After viewing the photo it's hard to miss the Yankee fan giving Sammy the double bird.

The Sun-Times photo editor had to either be asleep at the wheel or that was the reason the photo was put in the paper.

ScottyTheSoxFan
06-11-2003, 12:05 AM
this pic sounds great. can someone please post it for non sun times readers or out of towners?