PDA

View Full Version : Gammons lies to make the White Sox look worse than they are

MRKARNO
06-09-2003, 09:11 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/gammons/story?id=1565492

It's hard to figure which White Sox factoid is worst: 1) being last in the AL in attendance , 2) being swept in Cleveland or 3) having a two-time All-Star named Paul Konerko with an OPS under .600.

He's obviously never heard of the Tampa bay Devil Rays

DrCrawdad
06-09-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/gammons/story?id=1565492

He's obviously never heard of the Tampa bay Devil Rays

What Gammons found time in his busy schedule of spewing excuses about Sammy The Cheat Sosa to write something about the Sox?

WhiteSox = Life
06-09-2003, 09:36 PM
Wow... Gammons must really understand everything about baseball if he knows that Konerko is going to go the All-Star Game again this year!

RKMeibalane
06-09-2003, 09:37 PM
Paul Konerko has been an All Star only once. If Gammons is going to criticize the Sox, the least he can do is make sure he has his facts straight. ESPN is beginning to get on my nerves.

spanishwhite
06-09-2003, 09:48 PM
UUUGHHH!!!!

I hate Peter Gammons!

He cant stop kissing Epstein's ass for not trading
Fossum, HIllebrand, and Sanchez for Colon.

Fossum by the way has an ERA of 5.96 with 59 inns in 12 starts.
He cant even avg 5 innings a game.

Im willing to bet, that the way Colon is pitching and
fossum is pitching that he would trade Sanchez/Rameriz &
Fossum for Colon right now.

Stop talking about Boston!!!!!!

I now HATE boston, just because of this idiot (a little bit b/c of Pedro) and his great manlove for Boston and anyone who wears the uniform.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-09-2003, 10:26 PM
You know what the amazing part is? He gets PAID to write this stuff. :smile:

HawkDJ
06-09-2003, 10:33 PM
It is pretty sad that we have worse attendance than Detroit in a year when we should have great attendance with the all-star game and a team we thought was good.

Hangar18
06-09-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by spanishwhite
UUUGHHH!!!!

...... and his great manlove for Boston and anyone who wears the uniform.

heh heh heh

duke of dorwood
06-09-2003, 11:26 PM
ESPN has become what sports radio is-the same tired opinions every day.

sox_fan_forever
06-09-2003, 11:36 PM
Gammons makes me sick. :angry:

Just had to get that out of my system.

Ventura23Fan
06-10-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by HawkDJ
It is pretty sad that we have worse attendance than Detroit in a year when we should have great attendance with the all-star game and a team we thought was good.

Remember though that Detroit recently had a home series vs. the Yankees including a sold out game with Clemens going for his 300th win. I think by the end of the season the Sox attendance will not be great, but it should be better than Detroit's.

hold2dibber
06-10-2003, 08:00 AM
Gammons is a nimrod and he seems to have a have an axe to grind with respect to the Sox lately. And he's frequently factually inaccurate. But his basic point is all true, as much as it hurts to admit it. This year has been a HORRIBLE disappointment - and being next to last in attendance, getting swept by the friggin' Tribe, and having Konerko (and Crede) with OPS's well under .600, 1/3 of the way through the season, are some of the tangible examples of just how bad its been.

MRKARNO
06-10-2003, 10:25 AM
I wouldnt be shocked if all 3 giants games are above average (16,000). They've already sold 15,000 for tonight and with it being pepsi half price night tonight, they might get 25,000. 20,000 the rest of the series. The Padres might bring in a lot if the sox take 2 of 3 from the Giants or more and it's a weekend series. Boston will bring a lot except for that midweek day game

Lip Man 1
06-10-2003, 10:54 AM
You folks are more then welcome to go to the ESPN site and click on the ask Peter a question area. Then you can let him know the error of his ways, I think he'd probably appreciate hearing how he screwed up! Especially with the Konerko stat.

Lip

T Dog
06-10-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
You folks are more then welcome to go to the ESPN site and click on the ask Peter a question area. Then you can let him know the error of his ways, I think he'd probably appreciate hearing how he screwed up! Especially with the Konerko stat.

Lip

If Gammons cared about the numerous mistakes he continues to make, he wouldn't have time to be an expert on baseball.