PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see Outside the Lines this weekend?

Randar68
06-09-2003, 04:09 PM
I don't remember which day it was, but Bob Ley had Leo Mazzone, Tom House and Will Carroll on to talk about the way pitchers are coached, prepared, babied, and trained these days and why there are so many injuries in baseball.

All I know is this. If my kid is a pitcher, Tom House can be his coach any day of the week. The pressure to win from Little Leagues on up and the lack of regular throwing are the 2 biggest reasons for pitching injuries, IMO.

You should throw every damn day.

What did everyone else think?

MarkEdward
06-09-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
I don't remember which day it was, but Bob Ley had Leo Mazzone, Tom House and Will Carroll on to talk about the way pitchers are coached, prepared, babied, and trained these days and why there are so many injuries in baseball.

All I know is this. If my kid is a pitcher, Tom House can be his coach any day of the week. The pressure to win from Little Leagues on up and the lack of regular throwing are the 2 biggest reasons for pitching injuries, IMO.

You should throw every damn day.

What did everyone else think?

I didn't see it, but I have a question. Did Carroll hold his own on the show? In a lot of his writing, Will sometimes comes off as somewhat condescending, with a "told you so" attitude.

I hope this is the beginning of more Prospectus writers appearing on ESPN. I'd love to hear Joe Sheehan or Derek Zumsteg destroy Rob Dibble in an argument.