PDA

View Full Version : What's Up With John "Cub Boy" Cusack?

Procol Harum
06-09-2003, 02:11 PM
I noted that John Cusack led the assembled Wrigleyville losers in "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" last night--I thought Cusack was of long-time South Side Irish extraction and would know better; anybody know the scoop?

soxruleEP
06-09-2003, 02:19 PM
Cusak is a north shore rich boy grad of the Piven theatre SChool. He has always been a Cub fan--despite having done a fine job as Buck Weaver in John Sayles's Eight Men Out.

Procol Harum
06-09-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by soxruleEP
Cusak is a north shore rich boy grad of the Piven theatre SChool. He has always been a Cub fan--despite having done a fine job as Buck Weaver in John Sayles's Eight Men Out.

What a weenie. :D:

cheeses_h_rice
06-09-2003, 02:27 PM
Yeah, where you been?

When I saw his name on the scoreboard as the designated jackass to lead the stupid singalong, I just sat down and rolled my eyes. Part of me thought about his sister being the spokeswoman for US Cellular and how ironic it all was...

Procol Harum
06-09-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Yeah, where you been?

Been around, but the last week+ I've been busy with my boys and Little League and everything else. Mom has had to put in long hours at work so Dad hasn't been able to while away time scrolling through the WSI boards... :smile:

MikeKreevich
06-09-2003, 03:15 PM
Joan Cusack is a double bagger.

Hangar18
06-09-2003, 03:44 PM
He looks like he belongs there..... Pretentious, Drunk Frat Boys.
Really folks, How easy is it to tell someone your from Chicago and a "Cub" fan. I laugh at him and that other jackass Belushi, the most overrated actor/comedien in ages. They were there to be
"seen". Bartender in LA noted how Cub fans were the most Annoying and Least Knowledgeable Fans hes seen going to all the ballgames there. He ranked Dodger Fans right behind Cub
Fans.

39thandWallace
06-09-2003, 04:47 PM
I just look at it as if I belong to a special club, a Chicago White Sox Fan. I just hope we can shove all in there faces one day with a World Series victory.

I'm glad I don't have to fight 35,000 drunken moron's each time I leave a game.

34 Inch Stick
06-10-2003, 10:28 AM
Jim Belushi should just change his name to John. The guy has been living off the fond memories of his dead brother for 20 years now. That Blues Brothers crap he does is a disgrace. I'd rather they dig up John's bones and put them on stage with a recording than listen to Jim pretend he loves the blues. He tries to make these claims that he is a Chicagoan, but he didn't even grow up in Cook County and has not lived here in a very long time. Every role he plays is the rough guy who is really a softie underneath.

As for Cusack. He's a great actor and seems like a good, down to earth person. He grew up in Evanston and his father was originally from the east coast. Every man must have a vice. His is being a Cubs fan. I won't hold it against him too much.

DrCrawdad
06-10-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
...As for Cusack. He's a great actor and seems like a good, down to earth person. He grew up in Evanston and his father was originally from the east coast. Every man must have a vice. His is being a Cubs fan. I won't hold it against him too much.

I saw Cusack on Leno shortly after one of the goof on the field incidents at the Cell. Cusack owned right up on being a Sox fan. IIRC though Cusack did say that he likes the Cubs too.

Hey given the Sox fan base, we shouldn't chase anyone away, even if they like the Cubbies too.

Bi-fans are welcome!

Hangar18
06-10-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
I saw Cusack on Leno shortly after one of the goof on the field incidents at the Cell. Cusack owned right up on being a Sox fan. IIRC though Cusack did say that he likes the Cubs too.

Hey given the Sox fan base, we shouldn't chase anyone away, even if they like the Cubbies too.

Bi-fans are welcome!

He did that ? on national tv? Hmmm. Im mildly impressed.
for the record, I Hate the Cubs and CUB FANS. with a passion.
However, I ran into a fella, used to live on King Drive on the
south side in chicago. He was wearing a cub cap, and the
Gray Durham Road Jersey. Thought that was cool. I dont
necessarily mind it if a cub fan likes the sox too.

Hangar18
06-10-2003, 01:48 PM
What about Joan? Whats up with that weirdo sister of his?

fhqwhgads
06-10-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by 39thandWallace
I'm glad I don't have to fight 35,000 drunken moron's each time I leave a game.

Bite...tongue...don't...say...anything...about...a ttendance...at...the...Cell...

:)

GO TWINS!

Hangar18
06-10-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads
Bite...tongue...don't...say...anything...about...a ttendance...at...the...Cell...

:)

GO TWINS!

Say Fgrwedsfdszs, I think the Sox Draw More on the Road
than they do at home, which would support the theory that we
hate Reinsdorf.

fhqwhgads
06-10-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Say Fgrwedsfdszs, I think the Sox Draw More on the Road
than they do at home, which would support the theory that we
hate Reinsdorf.

Good point. I'm looking forward to the Sox coming to MN. Are we going to see Loaiza? Thomas at 1B?

GO TWINS!

Hangar18
06-10-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads
Good point. I'm looking forward to the Sox coming to MN. Are we going to see Loaiza? Thomas at 1B?

GO TWINS!

With any luck, hopefully so. Are we finally going to see
this Prior guy you guys have...oops sorry. Had to get that
in there Fgresdsd heh heh. If the SOX arent within 4 games
by the time we play you guys, For sure WERE DONE.

fhqwhgads
06-10-2003, 02:09 PM
Say Fgrwedsfdszs...

...Had to get that in there Fgresdsd...

For a short tutorial on the pronunciation (and spelling) of fhqwhgads... see the latest Strongbad e-mail (http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail76.html). At the end of the cartoon, click the boom box for the tutorial. :D:

GO TWINS!