PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Lee

soxrme
06-09-2003, 12:03 PM
I do not understand why so many people want to trade this guy. He hustles on every play, hits for power and average and probably should be our #4 hitter now. I realize his arm is not the greatest, but have you seen Alou throw, Carlos is better. Mags and Konerko have let us down all year. Those two guys have to gear it up soon or we will be toast.

Hangar18
06-09-2003, 12:45 PM
I like Caballo. The minute he becomes a Met or a Dodger,
your going to see him become a .320 hitter, 30 homers, 90 RBI guy in the NL

Kilroy
06-09-2003, 12:55 PM
I also don't know why so many people are down on him. His D was worse 2 years ago, but he had gained abut 15 lbs. He trimmed down last year, and he as been adequate, and at times, a bit better than adequate in LF. He just needs to get his bat back to where it was 3 years ago...

harwar
06-09-2003, 12:56 PM
I've been saying for years that trading Lee was a mistake.I thought he might be another Manny Ramirez.

Kilroy
06-09-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by harwar
I've been saying for years that trading Lee was a mistake.I thought he might be another Manny Ramirez.

Carlos wears his teammates' underwear??

MHOUSE
06-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Carlos is a mich improved player from a couple years ago. He's shown more hustle and work ethic and is our only consistent hitter of late save Jimenez. It would be nice to keep him if he could play 1B or DH. If we could find a good CF then have Maggs and Borchard at the corners suddenly our OF defense is formidable. Lee has a lot of value and we have too many slow DH/LF/1B types. He could get us something valuable and improve our team defense. Who cares if he does well somewhere else? Why is this such a deterant for trading someone?

southpaw40
06-09-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
It would be nice to keep him if he could play 1B or DH. If we could find a good CF then have Maggs and Borchard at the corners suddenly our OF defense is formidable.

I have thought about the same scenario. Could we trade PK and maybe a pitching prospect for a major league calibre CF'er? Then move Carlos Lee to 1b, or to DH, if Frank continues to hit like he has for the past week. That would really improve the team defense, IMO.
I'm not saying we should desert Konerko because he's been struggling,,,he's been a big part of past Sox success. It just seems to me that it would be a smart baseball move.

gosox41
06-09-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by southpaw40
I have thought about the same scenario. Could we trade PK and maybe a pitching prospect for a major league calibre CF'er? Then move Carlos Lee to 1b, or to DH, if Frank continues to hit like he has for the past week. That would really improve the team defense, IMO.
I'm not saying we should desert Konerko because he's been struggling,,,he's been a big part of past Sox success. It just seems to me that it would be a smart baseball move.

If the Sox trade PK they'll probably have to eat another salary in return. Not much demand for a .194 hitter, and even getting a pitching prospect isn't worth the $24 mill. and wasted roster spot spent on Konerko.

Bob