PDA

View Full Version : Cubs = Yankees? NFW (no f'in way)

Jerko
06-09-2003, 10:05 AM
I just read a 'letter' to the editor in the Times that said something to the effect that the Sox fans are the only ones that want to see Sammy punished for being a low life cheater because we gave him to the Cubs and are now the worst team in 20 years. Did I miss something? When did the Cubs' past become a glorious one? Who are they to judge the winning percentage of others? 5 winning seasons since the 30's and they're the best thing in the world now because they beat the Yankess (without Nick Johnson, Bernie Williams, or a bullpen) 2 of 3? SO DID THE REDS! I don't see the Reds comparing themselves with the great teams of all time, and they at least have a winning past. The best thing about the Cubs; they are one of few teams that has fans that a Sox fan can say "oh yeah, who won the World Series last?" to. What a crock. Then they wonder why nobody likes them. I do not understand why fans flock to that pisspot park to watch a perennial loser. I hate to say it, but I've been there so it's not like I am dissing the park without ever being there like everyone does to the Cell. The only thing I don't like about the Shammy trade to the Cubs is that without him, the north side circus would never have come into being. It's not like the Sox would have won WITH him based on all the World Series banners I see flying over Wrigley.

Hangar18
06-09-2003, 10:09 AM
Cub fans really are that stupid arent they?

A.T. Money
06-09-2003, 10:42 AM
Cubs fans are big pains in the ass like Red Sox fans.

voodoochile
06-09-2003, 10:44 AM
Just to nitpick a bit, the flubbies are the ONLY team that has a longer drought than the Sox...

Jerko
06-09-2003, 11:14 AM
voodoo, , nitpick all you want if it goes against the CUBS! I wasn't sure if they had Boston beat or not.

Viva Magglio
06-09-2003, 11:21 AM
The big picture tells us this: The Cubs went 6-6 on their homestand and lost three games in the standings.

voodoochile
06-09-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
voodoo, , nitpick all you want if it goes against the CUBS! I wasn't sure if they had Boston beat or not.

1918 and then the came 1919. Our Sox threw the series and their Sox sold Babe Ruth and neither team has won one again...