PDA

View Full Version : Please refresh my memory about Shammy

white sox bill
06-09-2003, 10:02 AM
I lived in Europe for a while and must have missed the following Corky Bad Boy stories: Please give me the poop:

*What about Shammy beating his wife? How long ago?
*" " comparing himself to Jesus? Whats up with that?

Thanks,
Bill

Hangar18
06-09-2003, 10:47 AM
Guy Corks his bat, does the (obvious) nice thing and owns up to it.......but then "Appeals" the decision.

THE_HOOTER
06-09-2003, 10:53 AM
Being a first time offender he would be a moron not to appeal.

He should get a game or two knocked off.

Has there ever been a suspension that wasnt appealed?

Hangar18
06-09-2003, 10:54 AM
Ohhhhh......and the "faithful", give the guy a Standing O. Pathetic. Im so glad im not a cub fan. We got hassled by Dodger fans for being "cheaters". Fans everywhere now know Sammy and the Cubs are corkers, steroid abusers and cheaters.

white sox bill
06-09-2003, 12:10 PM
What I meant to ask was I wanted some details on his "Me Jesus" attitude and his wife beating incident. I have no recollection of either
bill

Viva Magglio
06-09-2003, 12:14 PM
The domestic incident took place during the 1990-91 offseason when Sosa, still with the White Sox then, allegedly hit his wife Sonia in the head with a rum bottle.

xil357
06-09-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
The domestic incident took place during the 1990-91 offseason when Sosa, still with the White Sox then, allegedly hit his wife Sonia in the head with a rum bottle.

Given the fact that this occured while he was with the Sox, I am shocked that it hasn't been reported more. I would have expected the media and Cubs fans to blame it on the upper deck.

After all, the Sox and the upper deck are responsible for alientating fans, not realizing Sosa's potential, corking Sosa's bat, stealing and corking White Sox OF Albert "Joey" Belle's bat, the attack on the umpire, the Black Sox scandal, the tie at the 2002 All-Star Game (Konerko did have the two RBI doubles!), the decline in fan interest in the game, smaller stadiums (Comiskey II was the first of the new parks!), juiced balls, steroids, drug addiction, drugs, the War on Drugs, the lack of success in the War on Drugs, organized crime, rampant alcoholism, Prohibition, the failure of Prohibition, Prohibition's repeal, Chandra Levy, JonBenet Ramsey, Watergate, the Wellstone plane crash, 9-11, the JFK assassination, weapons of mass destruction, the failure to find weapons of mass destruction, AIDS and cancer.

thecell
06-09-2003, 03:28 PM
I didn't know it was responsible for the Watergate scandal...thanks for the history lesson :)

cheeses_h_rice
06-09-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by white sox bill
What I meant to ask was I wanted some details on his "Me Jesus" attitude and his wife beating incident. I have no recollection of either
bill

Here is the pertinent quote Sham-ME* uttered during the 2000 season, when he was making a public bid to get a new contract from the Flubs:

"When Jesus Christ came here he tried to make everyone happy. He's the one guy who was close to perfect and he couldn't do it. Everybody criticized him because he was the real Messiah. So if they criticize him, what about me? That's the way this world is."

Needless to say, Sham-ME* took some well deserved abuse for this particular gem.

TommyJohn
06-10-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Here is the pertinent quote Sham-ME* uttered during the 2000 season, when he was making a public bid to get a new contract from the Flubs:

Needless to say, Sham-ME* took some well deserved abuse for this particular gem.

Well, not everyone abused him. A certain member of the Chicago
sports media devoted exactly one sentence to Sosa's remark,
calling it "ill-advised." Compare that to this year, when Frank
Thomas griped about his new contract at the same time the war
in Iraq was going on. Said columnist busted every blood vessel
in his brain ranting and raving about how Thomas has no "per-
spective." Of course, the columnist saying that Thomas has no
"perspective" is like Sammy Sosa calling Albert Belle a cheater.

:moron

What are you looking at??