PDA

View Full Version : Article about the D-Backs, who parallel us in dissapointment

MRKARNO
06-08-2003, 11:39 PM
This article is written about the Diamondbacks, who could be compared to the sox in terms of dissapointment.

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/6419023

The thing is, even after the difficulty they've had getting started this season, the Diamondbacks really are only one good-sized winning streak away from getting right back in it. They're 9 1/2 games out of first place in the NL West, and seven out of the wild-card race. Neither gap is insurmountable, not with so much baseball remaining.

I don't see why you can't apply the same logic to the sox

MHOUSE
06-09-2003, 02:19 AM
Well they have two of the top pitchers last couple of seasons on the DL right now. That's tough especially when Dessens and Batista are the other guys u have. Add Schilling and Johnson back to them and they'd be doing a lot better. I don't think the Sox have the focus to put together a win streak. Bob Brenly could do it tho.

MRKARNO
06-09-2003, 09:14 AM
I don't think that there's any doubting of how good our starting has been this year. Loaiza's been better on a start-to-start basis than any other pitcher in the league. Colon goes the distance about half of the time. Buerhle's pitched fine lately and Wright and Garland both have shown that they can pitch.

SoxxoS
06-09-2003, 09:36 AM
We are better than the D'Backs.

gosox41
06-09-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
This article is written about the Diamondbacks, who could be compared to the sox in terms of dissapointment.

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/6419023

I don't see why you can't apply the same logic to the sox

The Diamondbacks have injury problems while the Sox are healthy and just underacheiving. Give the Sox a Curt Schilling and Randy Johnson when they come off the DL and I'd feel a lot more confident about a winning streak (and even shorter losing streaks) just because they pitch more complete games (ie less Koch and White) and because when healthy they can have they have more potential then any Sox pitcher to pitch a shutout. Also they're strikeout pitchers so the Sox can play less D.

Bob