PDA

View Full Version : It figures.

cheeses_h_rice
06-08-2003, 11:39 PM
The ONE GAME I attend with the intent of rooting for the Yankees, and they play like absolute sh*t.

Andy Pettite removed before the end of the 2nd inning?

Derek Jeter going 0-fer?

Yankees relief pitching absolute garbage?

Who'da thunk it.

And folks, believe it: the Flubbie express is a-chooglin' along. Their fans are full of arrogance and the certainty that "this is the year." It's sickening. I dread going there for 2 games in 2 weekends from now...since I know the Sox won't be showing anybody anything. Ugh.

MRKARNO
06-08-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I dread going there for 2 games in 2 weekends from now...since I know the Sox won't be showing anybody anything. Ugh.

How do you know that? :)

DrCrawdad
06-08-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
The ONE GAME I attend with the intent of rooting for the Yankees, and they play like absolute sh*t.

Andy Pettite removed before the end of the 2nd inning?

Derek Jeter going 0-fer?

Yankees relief pitching absolute garbage?

Who'da thunk it.

And folks, believe it: the Flubbie express is a-chooglin' along. Their fans are full of arrogance and the certainty that "this is the year." It's sickening. I dread going there for 2 games in 2 weekends from now...since I know the Sox won't be showing anybody anything. Ugh.

I watched the Cub game with my Cub fan father-in-law (That's right, I had a mixed marriage but my wife converted.). The Cubs win, but I don't really care. I surprised my father-in-law by my dispassionate response to the Cubs game.

I watched the Sox win 2 straight against the Dodgers in their park. Frank is on a tear, ripped two HRís. The Sox starting pitchers have been doing a good job. There is reason for measured optimism.

Let all the hype and hoopla go to the Cubs. Thatís fine. Maybe the Sox can come back and make a go of contending and take everyone by surprise.

It doesnít get easy with series against SanFran, BosSox, Cubs, Min and Cubs again. Itís not going to be easy. But letís GO-GO-WHITE SOX !

I did enjoy seeing the Sox win 2 of 3 from that smug Dan Evan's team.

Oh, congratulations on the big win 2nd place Cubs.