PDA

View Full Version : Rosenthal On Sox On TSN Radio

Lip Man 1
06-08-2003, 06:38 PM
Ken Rosenthal the senior baseball writer for The Sporting News was on the radio about an hour ago. One of the questions he answered was how long he thought Jerry Manuel was going to remain as manager.

He stated that he was shocked that Manuel wasn't already fired. He thinks he still will be before the season is done. He said he understands why he hasn't been fired yet and that's because Reinsdorf still would have to pay him for next year. However he said something has to be done to try to turn this club around before the season is lost. He also stated that even when the Sox get a new manager he doesn't think it will help this bunch of underachievers.

Lip

Kilroy
06-08-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Ken Rosenthal the senior baseball writer for The Sporting News was on the radio about an hour ago. One of the questions he answered was how long he thought Jerry Manuel was going to remain as manager.

He stated that he was shocked that Manuel wasn't already fired. He thinks he still will be before the season is done. He said he understands why he hasn't been fired yet and that's because Reinsdorf still would have to pay him for next year. However he said something has to be done to try to turn this club around before the season is lost. He also stated that even when the Sox get a new manager he doesn't think it will help this bunch of underachievers.

Lip

Lip, why do you repeat what the talking heads keep regurgitating over and over? That has been said 1000 times already. It would mean the same coming from Phil Rosenthal as it does coming from Ken Rosenthal. Not a helluva whole lot...

Lip Man 1
06-08-2003, 08:19 PM
Kilroy:

I'm simply trying to provide information to those who may not have seen or heard the comments.

Period.

You may as well ask why people keeping harping the same stuff over and over about the so called "conspiracy" against the Sox by anyone who works for any media outlet. That get very old too.

I'm simply providing the news as to what people are saying.

If you don't like what they say, there's a simple way to change it. Win more games!

Lip

gosox41
06-08-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
Lip, why do you repeat what the talking heads keep regurgitating over and over? That has been said 1000 times already. It would mean the same coming from Phil Rosenthal as it does coming from Ken Rosenthal. Not a helluva whole lot...

I enjoy hearing what the national media is saying. They may not have inside information, but maybe all the pressure will wake JR up about this team.

Bob

T Dog
06-08-2003, 10:35 PM
I'm not all that interested in the opinions of sports (alleged) journalists, whether they are based in Chicago or have a national perspective.

If the Sox were up 7.5 games on the Twins, the national media would still be ripping up, when not defending Sammy Sosa for making an innocent mistake.

34 Inch Stick
06-09-2003, 09:52 AM
Lip, I and many others appreciate the info. Keep up the good work.