PDA

View Full Version : Opener to baseball tonight

Meixner007
06-08-2003, 06:03 PM
"In new york they root for the name on the front of the uniform...in wrigley they root for the name of one player...and don't mind being called the loveable loosers."

-Karl Ravech

Other than that, good to see the bats come alive. Good game by all.

WhiteSox = Life
06-08-2003, 06:35 PM
Speaking of Baseball Tonight, they couldn't be making a bigger deal out of this Yankees-Cubs finale with all their features and segments and whatnot if Jesus Himself was at Wrigley Field conducting a one-on-one interview with Elvis.

voodoochile
06-08-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Meixner007
"In new york they root for the name on the front of the uniform...in wrigley they root for the name of one player...and don't mind being called the loveable loosers."

-Karl Ravech

Other than that, good to see the bats come alive. Good game by all.

Hey, Welcome Aboard! :D:

Meixner007
06-08-2003, 06:46 PM
Thanks alot. Now i'm going to go puke after baseball tonight turns it over to Jim Belushi and his anylitical reporting skills.

MRKARNO
06-08-2003, 07:09 PM
Baseball tonight is god-awful this year with Bobby V., Harold Reynolds and Boston Gammons. How did ESPN manage to assemble the 3 worst analysists in baseball?

LuvSox
06-08-2003, 07:18 PM
I usually watch Sunday Night Baseball, I can even tolerate Joe Morgan. But this week, no way in hell. I've had just about enough of this stupid Cubbie crap.

MRKARNO
06-08-2003, 07:21 PM
I watched BT tonight and they made it out like the Cubs were the only team that played in Chicago. We'll show them (I hope)

Viva Magglio
06-08-2003, 07:43 PM
First of all, "Baseball Tonight" itself at Wrigley Field makes me want to puke. This is the first time I can recall that the show has gone on location during the regular season. I understand the significance of what was to have been Roger Clemens' 300th victory, but this is without precedent. I don't think they were in St. Louis for No. 62 by Mark McGwire or in San Francisco for No. 71 by Barry Bonds.

Also, is this Cubs-Yankees interleague series the best one of the year? I am not so sure about that. Next weekend, the Yankees will be hosting the Cardinals in the Bronx where again the Rocket will be trying to get No. 300. Will BBTN be there on location? They better be if they're consistent.

I am so glad I was down in St. Louis this weekend instead of here so that I didn't have to put up with the Cubs-Yankees orgy. I had a lot of fun in the Gateway City watching Albert Pujols go 5-for-5 Friday night and seeing the St. Louis Browns return and beat the Cards 8-1 on Saturday. Of course, the World Tour of Downtown St. Louis establishments was quite nice as well.

Now I'm back here where the weather is crapper and now have to fear the prospect of the Cubs taking the series from the Yankees. :angry: The subsequent fawining from the media and Kool-Aid OD's by Cub fans could make all of us very ill, if not very dead. And, few (if any) media types have taken the people cheering for Cheating Showboat Sammy to task. At Busch Stadium yesterday, a Cardinal fan said of their cheering for Sosa and drinking Kook-Aid "Those Cub fans must be the worst fans in sports." Spoken like a true Redbird fan, eh?

MRKARNO
06-08-2003, 07:47 PM
Sorry to take away some of your steam, but BBTN was at Edison Field for the first SNBB game of the year and the season opener

Viva Magglio
06-08-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Sorry to take away some of your steam, but BBTN was at Edison Field for the first SNBB game of the year and the season opener

That being Opening Night is understandable. This is an orgy.

MRKARNO
06-08-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
That being Opening Night is understandable. This is an orgy.

With that I agree 100%. This is truly the most sickening series of programming on ESPN that I've ever seen

I would probably have to move to the Burmese Jungle if the Cubs made the World Series

sox_fan_forever
06-08-2003, 08:03 PM
I agree with all of you, especially whoever it was that said Baseball Tonight is really bad this year. There was a time when I would watch it every night, but this year I don't think I've made it through a whole episode, much less watched it every night.

fquaye149
06-09-2003, 12:00 AM
do they even show highlights on espn anymore? i watched an hour of sportscenter this morning to try to catch highlights of the ballgame last night and all i got was an analysis of the nets v. spurs(who cares)...a review of why funny cide didn't win(is this even a sport)...clips of an indy car pit man on fire( what is this, faces of death xii?)...and clips of different takes on the sosa incident(of course most of them were pro sammy)

how can anyone take this network seriously? it's so pathetic it verges or surreality.

voodoochile
06-09-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by fquaye149
do they even show highlights on espn anymore? i watched an hour of sportscenter this morning to try to catch highlights of the ballgame last night and all i got was an analysis of the nets v. spurs(who cares)...a review of why funny cide didn't win(is this even a sport)...clips of an indy car pit man on fire( what is this, faces of death xii?)...and clips of different takes on the sosa incident(of course most of them were pro sammy)

how can anyone take this network seriously? it's so pathetic it verges or surreality.

ESPN is for content and analysis. You want sports news? Try ESPN News or ESPN 2...

fquaye149
06-09-2003, 01:14 AM
this is true...but i always thought at least SPORTSCENTER was a highlights show...not the case this morning

Kroozah
06-09-2003, 01:18 AM
Definate lovefest/orgy, truley sickening

Jerko
06-09-2003, 10:26 AM
I also liked the "ad board" behind the batter only seen on TV. I know it happens all the time at other parks, but when I saw the "sportscenter is next" sign up there it made me sick.

Viva Magglio
06-09-2003, 10:45 AM
I got sick of the Cubgasm on ESPN and switched to ESPN2 which was showing the NCAA Super Regionals. They were much more fun to watch.

soxnut
06-09-2003, 10:55 AM
Is the World Series over now?? Cubs win!! Cubs Win!! I've lost some respect for ESPN.