PDA

View Full Version : just in case there was anyone left who DIDN'T hate peter gammons

fquaye149
06-07-2003, 08:55 PM
i don't know if anyone's posted this yet but:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/gammons/story?id=1564438

Joel Perez
06-07-2003, 09:52 PM
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

You know, there was a time that I had respect for Peter Rambling-Gammons...then reality set in that I figured that he was 1) A Red Sox apologist, and 2) He likes the North Siders more, especially Sammy.

What, did he receive this story from Jay Mariotti???

Give me a break, especially that last quote garbage about how the world of baseball--yes, the small world of baseball compared to football and basketball--will remember the guy. I'll remember him as a kid from Latin America who couldn't hit his weight with the Sox, who was a five-tool stud in the making before the mighty Tribune company introduced him to sterio----er, human muscle enhancers, and subsequently went from under 200 lbs to 230-240 of muscle in the span of a couple of years, and proceeded to hit over 60 HRs for a few straight years in a row. AND DON'T TELL ME IT WAS BECAUSE OF THE SHORT FENCES AT THE SANDLOT ON THE NORTHSIDE!!!

There, I feel better now.
Gammons, you suckwad. Go back to Cheers where you belong.

1951Campbell
06-07-2003, 10:48 PM
It should be no surprise that Gammons is rushing to defend Sosa* and the Cubs' empire. The Red Sox and Cubs and their fans are kindred spirits--people who find martyrdom and losing to be more morally pure than just plain winning.

kermittheefrog
06-07-2003, 11:41 PM
If nothing else Gammons should be angry about the damage stupidity like Sosa's does to the game of baseball.

MRKARNO
06-07-2003, 11:54 PM
I hate Gammons, Valentine and Reynolds. They're all sosa* apologists and Cub lovers with East-Coast bias.

Konerkoholic
06-08-2003, 12:05 AM
Very true. Gammons acts like cheating is okay if it only gives you a slight advantage. What a loser.

WinningUgly!
06-08-2003, 10:35 AM
Not one smoking gun was found and there is no evidence that this was anything but either a mistake in either recognition or judgement. Lord knows people have tried to further the story, but we have no proof that he hit any homers with an illegal bat. Therefore, he must be presumed innocent.

What about the smoking gun that was busted in half in his friggin' hands? Somebody needs to get footage of the Cubs/Strohs extra innings game from a few days ago to Gammons. Even a moron like him, who apparently only sees what he wants to see, will be able to tell that the bat Sosa* used to launch the game winning hit through Jeff Kent was the very same cork-job special that he broke against the D-Rays.

Is Pete Gammons saying that it's ok for SamME to use a corked bat for game winning hits, as long as they're not homeruns?

voodoochile
06-08-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
What about the smoking gun that was busted in half in his friggin' hands? Somebody needs to get footage of the Cubs/Strohs extra innings game from a few days ago to Gammons. Even a moron like him, who apparently only sees what he wants to see, will be able to tell that the bat Sosa* used to launch the game winning hit through Jeff Kent was the very same cork-job special that he broke against the D-Rays.

Is Pete Gammons saying that it's ok for SamME to use a corked bat for game winning hits, as long as they're not homeruns?

:boston
"Hey, give me a break. I need this job and Bud specifically told me to spin this in a positive light... er... I mean I'm hoping MLB will eventually give me a job... er... I mean How about them BoSox... er... I mean... oh nevermind..."