PDA

View Full Version : 6 Hours to go....

Fridaythe13thJason
06-07-2003, 04:07 PM
...should I even take the energy and money to go see my beloved at Dodger Stadium? Is it worth it to be dissapointed?

gosox41
06-07-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by SoCalUIC
...should I even take the energy and money to go see my beloved at Dodger Stadium? Is it worth it to be dissapointed?

No, it's not worth it. What's the over/under on how many runs the Sox will score tonight?

Bob

TornLabrum
06-07-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
No, it's not worth it. What's the over/under on how many runs the Sox will score tonight?

Bob

mack10zie
06-07-2003, 04:51 PM

Bob

Originally posted by TornLabrum

I'll take the under.

Fridaythe13thJason
06-07-2003, 05:59 PM
EH, I'm going to go. I just can't seem to give up on them as hard as I try. I watch nearly every game, and I still care. I still feel like one good game to break them out could change it all, and I know that's basically the opinion of an 8 year old...but maybe thats what's great about baseball.

gosox41
06-07-2003, 07:10 PM
EH, I'm going to go. I just can't seem to give up on them as hard as I try. I watch nearly every game, and I still care. I still feel like one good game to break them out could change it all, and I know that's basically the opinion of an 8 year old...but maybe thats what's great about baseball.

:reinsy
If all of our fans were like you, then I wouldn't have to cut payroll every year.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-07-2003, 07:42 PM
:reinsy
If all of our fans were like you, then I wouldn't have to cut payroll every year.

Oh, if only it were that easy! If Reinsdorf was truly accountable for using incremental revenue the fans spend towards an equal increase in payroll, I'm sure nearly all of us would up the ante on behalf of our team. If Sox Fans were shareholders for the ballclub's purse, I firmly believe we would be one of the most successful franchises in MLB. NOBODY is a Sox Fan unless they want to see a winner. All the ignorant casual fans (and tourists) go to the Urinal.

The point is Reinsdorf IS NOT accountable. He shares absolutely NOTHING with the fans except a bunch of self-serving platitudes about how he wants to win more than we do. What a crock of ****.

Single-game ticket prices, concessions, and season ticket revenue is up this season, yet payroll was cut vs. 2002. That's all you need to know about Reinsdorf's operation and his bull**** promises.

:selljerry

Fridaythe13thJason
06-08-2003, 02:10 AM
Well, I certainly got a treat. Good thing I chose this game. There was a good Sox representation. I was proud. If anyone else sat on the first base side, let me know.

Kilroy
06-08-2003, 07:25 AM
Well, I certainly got a treat. Good thing I chose this game. There was a good Sox representation. I was proud. If anyone else sat on the first base side, let me know.

Good thing you didn't listen to Bob and Torn. They probably would have sat home with tickets on the counter.

hose
06-08-2003, 08:26 AM

Your MOJO got Crede going :gulp:

3 hits , HR , 1 rbi.....woohoo.

gosox41
06-08-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
Good thing you didn't listen to Bob and Torn. They probably would have sat home with tickets on the counter.

Based on how crappy this team has been playing, I never would have wasted my money on such an underacheiving team. Visiting teams get some % of ticket sales. I am 100% against lining JR's pocket more then I already have.

Bob