PDA

View Full Version : Keith Foulke


SoxxoS
06-07-2003, 01:17 PM
From ESPN insider-

Rick Peterson (Oakland pitching coach) doesn't get enough credit. He's a master of preparation, using video and scouting reports and statistics. He uses a lot of drills in between outings to get pitchers to repeat outings. He can take mediocre guys and make them better. Look at what he's meant for Keith Foulke. His command has improved, he's pitching to weakness. Last year, he had patterns that hitters could take advantage of. This year, he's more prepared. That has a lot to do with Peterson.

:nardi

"That's BS."

Konerko05
06-07-2003, 01:39 PM
While Peterson does deserve credit, I don't know how much he has really meant to Keith. Foulke is pretty much pitching as well as he always has.

gosox41
06-07-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Rick Peterson (Oakland pitching coach) doesn't get enough credit. He's a master of preparation, using video and scouting reports and statistics. He uses a lot of drills in between outings to get pitchers to repeat outings. He can take mediocre guys and make them better. Look at what he's meant for Keith Foulke. His command has improved, he's pitching to weakness. Last year, he had patterns that hitters could take advantage of. This year, he's more prepared. That has a lot to do with Peterson.

:nardi

"That's BS."


I'm sure Peterson helps, but Foulke is Foulke. Let's face reality, Beane put one over the great KW. But who hasn't (other then teams KW gas yet to trade with?)

Bob

SoxxoS
06-07-2003, 02:24 PM
Beane needs to be removed permanently from KW's rolodex.

RedPinStripes
06-07-2003, 02:27 PM
Petersen also has the best mullet in baseball. :D:

MisterB
06-07-2003, 05:10 PM
What Peterson does deserve credit for is helping good pitching prospects to become effective ML pitchers, something the Sox organization hasn't been able to do in recent years.

gosox41
06-07-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by MisterB
What Peterson does deserve credit for is helping good pitching prospects to become effective ML pitchers, something the Sox organization hasn't been able to do in recent years.

And wasn't Peterson with he Sox in some capacity before he was with the A's?

Bob

Daver
06-07-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
And wasn't Peterson with he Sox in some capacity before he was with the A's?

Bob

He was the pitching coach when Jack Mcdoewll pitched for the Sox.

gosox41
06-07-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by daver
He was the pitching coach when Jack Mcdoewll pitched for the Sox.

I had no idea he was the ML pitching coach for the Sox. So he was here when Bere, Fernandez, and Alvarez were coming up then, right?

I can't complain too much becuase from what I've seen from Cooper I like and it's too early to tell right now. He seems to have a good idea of how to reach the players and hopefully he'll be able to solve the mystery of Jon Garland.

Bob

Daver
06-07-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
I had no idea he was the ML pitching coach for the Sox. So he was here when Bere, Fernandez, and Alvarez were coming up then, right?



Rick was the pitching coach for 1994 and half of 95,he was replaced by Don Cooper midway through the 95 season,who asked to return to the minor league ranks after the season was over.