PDA

View Full Version : 8.5 Games back

lowesox
06-07-2003, 11:34 AM
Kenny, when will you make a change? How many losses will it take to convince you? Your stupidity is insulting to WhiteSox fans everywhere. You had the opportunity to make a change and have this team contend again. That opportunity is gone. Now the change will be to rebuild. Why wait? IT seems to me that Jerry Manuel is your scapegoat.

MHOUSE
06-07-2003, 11:41 AM
Couldn't have said it better. "If we don't make the playoffs then Jerry Manuel is out of a job." Well RIGHT NOW: Do you see THIS team with THIS manager contending for a playoff spot? I believe that should be a resounding --> HECK NO! I mean you just have to watch one series with these clowns and you realize this team sucks and the manager is a dolt. Hello Kenny are you watching? How can they sit by idly and let this happen? We'll slip ten back, then after the break the hitting will improve and we'll get back to a couple games under .500 and they'll start hyping next season again with JM saved. He's a great guy and would be a great little league manager, but MLB? No way.

Jim Mora formerly of the Colts: "Playoffs? PLAYOFFS?!?"

harwar
06-07-2003, 11:57 AM
Firing Manuel won't mean a thing unless Ken Williams goes with him.The way i figure it,the fire sale won't start until after the all star game,and then we'll have a minor league team for quite some time as i look for Maggs & Lee to go along with Colon & Loaiza.

JR needs to hire a REAL GM who has some idea as to how to build & run a MLB team.I guess that not really fair tho,as KW just built the kind of team that ReinsDORF wanted.A team of DHs.

While all of the teams who are building todays winners(sound fundamentals,great defense,good pitching)are showing how its done,ReinsDORF(stubborn jackass)just says full speed ahead.I just wonder what hes' going to do with a team to pay for and a totally empty ballpark.

GASHWOUND
06-07-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
Kenny, when will you make a change? How many losses will it take to convince you? Your stupidity is insulting to WhiteSox fans everywhere. You had the opportunity to make a change and have this team contend again. That opportunity is gone. Now the change will be to rebuild. Why wait? IT seems to me that Jerry Manuel is your scapegoat.

Why wait? Cause Kenny is a stubborn SOB! He's said many times this season Manuel's job is safe. This tool doesn't want to contradict himself...
Both of them are gonna have to call a press conference to resign both their asses. I think that's the only way we rid of these two 'tards. :angry:

Lip Man 1
06-07-2003, 01:33 PM
I guess the sky really was falling!

Lip

1951Campbell
06-07-2003, 01:49 PM
Whenever I think to myself "hey, if the '78 Yankees can come back from 14 out..." that's when I know the season's over. And let's face it...there's no way the Sox are the '78 Yankees.

gosox41
06-07-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by lowesox

The worst thing the Sox can do now is to salvage a game in a series like they did against Arizona. It unfortunately seems evident that the only way JM gets fired is if the Sox embarass themselves so much that JR has no choice.

Until then I guess we need to get used to the possibility of 4th plays and being double digits behind first place. Lucky ofr us we're used to it under the KW tenure of terror.

Bob

lowesox
06-07-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by harwar
Firing Manuel won't mean a thing unless Ken Williams goes with him.

This is a great point. I'd rather not see us rebuild unless its under another GM.

I can see it now: "The Chicago WhiteSox trade Bartolo Colon, Kris Honel and Cash for Jaime Navarro"