PDA

View Full Version : Ray Durham

RKMeibalane
06-06-2003, 10:34 PM
What kind of reception do you think Durham will receive when he returns to the South Side next week? I see no reason why fans would boo him, but I expect that some will, because he is playing for the "enemy" now.

On another note, I wonder if he'll have anything else to say about how Ken Williams runs the Sox organization. Should be interesting to see how that situation plays out.

MRKARNO
06-06-2003, 10:42 PM
It wasn't his fault that Kenny traded him away. When I go Wednesday, I plan to give an applause for him. He was a huge part of this team for a good number of years

sox_fan_forever
06-06-2003, 10:51 PM
I'm not going, but I wouldn't boo him. I know there will be some people who will though.

duke of dorwood
06-06-2003, 10:53 PM
Ray played hard here-he should be welcomed back big time

Thunderstruck30
06-07-2003, 12:05 AM
I went to Ray's last game in a Sox uniform. Had I known at the time it would be his last game, I would have given him a standing ovation. He doesnt deserve to be booed. He should get a good applause.

WhiteSoxWinner
06-07-2003, 12:20 AM
I agree with the rest of the posts. I think he will get polite applause.

hose
06-07-2003, 09:04 AM
I would give him a standing ovation in his first at bat .

Ray Durham was one of my favorite Sox players and I wish we still had him on the team.

:ray

gosox41
06-07-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
What kind of reception do you think Durham will receive when he returns to the South Side next week? I see no reason why fans would boo him, but I expect that some will, because he is playing for the "enemy" now.

On another note, I wonder if he'll have anything else to say about how Ken Williams runs the Sox organization. Should be interesting to see how that situation plays out.

I miss Ray. Never wanted to get rid of him to begin with, let alone trade him for Jon Adkins.

I definitely won't boo him. But if KW actually has the guts to show his face, he'll get an earful from me.

Bob

Konerkoholic
06-07-2003, 12:27 PM
I'm standing for Ray. His hustle and energy is something that is sorely missed on this team. I think he'll get a good reception. I'll bring a sign that says "Thanks Ray" or something like that.

gosox41
06-07-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Konerkoholic
I'm standing for Ray. His hustle and energy is something that is sorely missed on this team. I think he'll get a good reception. I'll bring a sign that says "Thanks Ray" or something like that.

I hope to make it out there for at least one game of the San Fran. series. I'm seriously considering bringing a sign thanking KW for trading Ray and getting us Jon Adkins. If I do it, it'll be written in teal (or whatever market is close to teal.)

Bob

doublem23
06-07-2003, 05:00 PM
There are enough players in our uniforms who need to be booed before we start worrying about the opposition.

:jon
Booing hurts... inside. <sniff sniff>

fquaye149
06-07-2003, 09:37 PM
if they boo durham that's unfortunate. he was willing to take a modest amount of money because he wanted to stay a white sox...or so i read in baseball weekly before it changed to sports weekly