PDA

View Full Version : Zuleta Blasts Cubbie Organization

DrCrawdad
06-06-2003, 07:17 PM
ZULETA BLASTS CUBBIE ORGANIZATION. (http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=8223859&BRD=1712&PAG=461&dept_id=106787&rfi=6)

Zuleta doesnít have similar kind words to say about the Cubsí organization...But he only earned a few brief cups of coffee over the past three seasons (none last year), and feels the Cubs never really gave him a fair shot.

"If you see my numbers, you can see. Every year I hit over .290/.300, 25 home runs. Iíd go to the big leagues and do my job, but theyíd do me wrong. A lot of people in the organization, you need to be careful with. These people are not very good people.

"I believe in God, and I know everybody that does things in the dark, sooner or later the light is going to come on. God is the one taking care of it."

"In all ways you can mention, itís first-class everything over here," said Zuleta. "In Chicago, you donít see a lot of the things you see here. You really appreciate your teammates here."

But, he added, "Iím happy in one way that Chicago treated me that way, because I came to Boston and now I get to go to where Iím going to be happy now. This is what I was looking for, to be able to take care of my family the way I want to take care of my family."

Vsahajpal
06-06-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
ZULETA BLASTS CUBBIE ORGANIZATION. (http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=8223859&BRD=1712&PAG=461&dept_id=106787&rfi=6)

lol, if he could hit a fastball, I'm sure he'd be in the majors. Longest swing I've ever seen. He hasn't even played for the Bo Sox this year, and with their logjam of 1b/DH types, I'm sure he'll be bitching soon.

DrCrawdad
06-06-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
lol, if he could hit a fastball, I'm sure he'd be in the majors. Longest swing I've ever seen. He hasn't even played for the Bo Sox this year, and with their logjam of 1b/DH types, I'm sure he'll be bitching soon.

Well Zuleta better learn to do that 'plaining in Japanese since he's leaving the BoSox organization for Japan.

IIRC the Cubs waived Zuleta last year and no one picked him up. Seems to me that Zuleta suffers from the same mental condition as Jeff Liefer.

MarqSox
06-06-2003, 10:09 PM
:liefer
"That's nothin! You should've seen how the White Sox treated me! I'd have been an All-Star if they'd have just let me play through my .150 batting average!"