PDA

View Full Version : Paulie vs Robin...Two speeddeamons on the basepaths

ozzman
06-06-2003, 04:27 PM
I have always wanted to see these two race around the bases. It would be slow and hilarious.

But on a more serious note, both of these men are not fleet afoot. However, during the scrubs game today, they showed that Robin has just 2 hidp in 168 ab. Compared to Paulie's 400 hidp so far this year :(

A.T. Money
06-06-2003, 05:23 PM
I'm watching the ESPN Gamecast and noticed David Wells smacked a double!

I remember Robin Ventura hit a couple triples with the Sox.

Then I remember Konerko hitting an inside the park homerun at the then called Comiskey Park.

Robin at least has an excuse, after that horrible ankle injury.

hold2dibber
06-06-2003, 05:57 PM
Konerko hit an inside the parker a couple years ago in Tampa Bay. Very funny.

But the slowest Sox player I can remember was Mike "Spanky" LaValliere (sp?) - he took those tiny little fred flintstone baby steps, only really, really, really, slowly. Watching him run (or, more accurately, try to run) was worth the price of admission.

thecell
06-06-2003, 06:19 PM
Compared to Paulie's 400 hidp so far this year

Are you sure it's not more?

LuvSox
06-06-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
the slowest Sox player I can remember was Mike "Spanky" LaValliere

Thanks for 'jogging' my memory. :D: Spanky was so slow you could go get a beer & a dog before he got from 1st to 3rd.

Daver
06-06-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Thanks for 'jogging' my memory. :D: Spanky was so slow you could go get a beer & a dog before he got from 1st to 3rd.

Kark wasn't a hell of a lot quicker.

Procol Harum
06-06-2003, 11:10 PM
Sherman Lollar, Ed Herrmann....

TornLabrum
06-06-2003, 11:31 PM
My favorite quote about Robin Ventura's speed came at SoxFest one year and was made by Ozzie Guillen, "In a race with a pregnant woman, Robin would finish third."

hold2dibber
06-07-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
My favorite quote about Robin Ventura's speed came at SoxFest one year and was made by Ozzie Guillen, "In a race with a pregnant woman, Robin would finish third."

Yet another reason I wish Ozzie was still in the Sox organization.

Bisco Stu
06-07-2003, 01:59 AM
Why isn't Ventura still on this team...?

lowesox
06-07-2003, 09:15 PM
I'd love to see Robin back with the WhiteSox. Maybe we could get him to play first for us next year.

Daver
06-07-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
I'd love to see Robin back with the WhiteSox. Maybe we could get him to play first for us next year.

Why?

lowesox
06-07-2003, 09:41 PM
Because I like Robin and the way he plays and since I don't expect the sox to win next year, it would be nice to find room for a player I really like.

Besides, who else should be our firstbasemen next year?

Daver
06-07-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
Because I like Robin and the way he plays and since I don't expect the sox to win next year, it would be nice to find room for a player I really like.

Besides, who else should be our firstbasemen next year?

My first choice would be Frank Thomas.

The reality is it will be Paul Konerko.